• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Lions game thread #RudolphGuideUs2aWin

LastRide

Reaction score
It didn't matter that Muth fumbled. He was tackled in bounds and the clock was going to run out. Just another in a long line of ****** up play calls.

He dropped a sure catch earlier also. I still think he couId have done a better job trying to get out of bounds. That said, I didn't like the play call. Especially to a TE that needs to be quick and run out of bounds.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, anyone reporting a heart attach ?

Allthough I want a victory every time out things like this happen. We've been down this road before weather it be play calling / ST **** coverage / fumbles / inadequate coaching / the whole array. What will change................ absolutely nothing except the day.

One of the main problems is the low investment into the OL completely down the line. NOT one single quality pick and or castoffs. The two rookies are doing well for what can be expected but believe me they are not playing caliber OL play. Dotson is playing below the line as well as the rest. Okorafor is below the line. Coach Klemm seemed to be a no fuss front row coach but it is not transitioning to the field of play,..... currently. Maybe he just doesn't have the horses to acheive.

WRs are lacking even on a good day. We have two legit (DJ & 1/2 Washington and 1/2 miller on the inactive).

DEFENSE, where is it? Week in and week out they have their discrepancies but seem to not live up to the billing. Today they sure didn't.

Coaching appears to be the weakest link pending on who actually is making the calls. (defense seems to have conveinent 2-DCs) Offense has an unproven OC who seems to think his players need to fit this square peg or else. STs coach absolutely seems to find ways to suck (should have been replaced years ago but being a friend seems to keep him sticking)

RENEGADE is totally out ******* played and wore out, not up for question.

The one main thing going for us is the terrible towell proceeds still go to help those less fortunate so keep buying those towels.

Salute the nation
Out of all 32 teams in this league, our O-Line has the lowest payroll in the entire NFL.

And it shows every week.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Najee gets a few extra yards on a carry. How often does Najee break 20 or 30 yard runs or break TDs?
Sorry man. Right now (and I know, it will freak you the **** out.) Connor had better numbers.

I like Najee. I think he's a ******' gamer. But Najee aint going to carry this team.
Harris is head and shoulders better than Connor. Sorry. Put Conner behind this line and those numbers you are referring to would be drastically different.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I listened to the first 3/4+ while cleaning out the gutters and doing yardwork with the wife... Sounded ugly except for the beginning when it sounded like the Steelers drove the field with no problem. Figured it would be a cake walk...Nope
Steelers got a lot worse when the weather turned to ****.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Harris is head and shoulders better than Connor. Sorry. Put Conner behind this line and those numbers you are referring to would be drastically different.
and what if instead of Najee, they drafted a starting OT and the OL was good this year. Conner would do just fine just as he's doing in Arizona

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
and what if instead of Najee, they drafted a starting OT and the OL was good this year. Conner would do just fine just as he's doing in Arizona
Um...OK. What OLman could they have drafted that would have made all five spots better?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ya. Let's be honest. Diontae is mediocre at best. He just happens to be the best we have available to us at the moment. Kind of like a strip club in a town of 2000. You take what you can get.

He aint leading the league in any categories, know what I mean?

Seriously. Who on this offensive team is extraordinary aside from Ben. And let's be honest, it's the shadow of Ben that's extraordinary. Current Ben... well again, he's the best we got by far.
Najee. Claypool can be just not his year. Muthhh will be...

Reactions: wig

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Out of all 32 teams in this league, our O-Line has the lowest payroll in the entire NFL.

And it shows every week.

I saw that stat out there and part of that is because of the rookie contracts but still it does show that we need to INVEST way heavier in money and 1st round picks. We need top round choices. It all begins in the trenches. SAME on "D".

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Najee .. Damn shame they had Mason throw the ball over 45 times in the rain and didn't rely on Najee, who was avg 5.0 ypc.

ADD in the fact that run blocking seems to be the strength of th OL.

Why was a back up QB throwing 45 some odd times in the game in the rain to top it all off?

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Najee gets a few extra yards on a carry. How often does Najee break 20 or 30 yard runs or break TDs?
Sorry man. Right now (and I know, it will freak you the **** out.) Connor had better numbers.

I like Najee. I think he's a ******' gamer. But Najee aint going to carry this team.

SORRY wig, Najee isn't getting 20+ when he has guys hanging on him at -2, what fantasy world are you in. CONNOR would get even less in those conditions. He (connor) is running behind a much better offensive line,

Salute the nation

steelreeling

Reaction score
That was just awful in every way I can think of. Well there's your future qb preview.
Well THAT was the high-water mark of the supposed future q.

Mason has played so much worse than that. unfortunately for us.

steelreeling

Reaction score
SORRY wig, Najee isn't getting 20+ when he has guys hanging on him at -2, what fantasy world are you in. CONNOR would get even less in those conditions. He (connor) is running behind a much better offensive line,

Salute the nation
He would if they stop running the dive plays.

get his *** at least an inch or two of room!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well THAT was the high-water mark of the supposed future q.

Mason has played so much worse than that. unfortunately for us.

The answer to the future isn't on this team. I'm highly skeptical Ben will play next week. So we'll get an extra preview.

They're not championship caliber. They'd need some serious magic to make that occur.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He would if they stop running the dive plays.

get his *** at least an inch or two of room!

Believe me I'm 100% on board with Najee, my point was conner would do no better with this offensive line. Give Najee a starting chance, open a 12" hole and bam, he would be gone.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The answer to the future isn't on this team. I'm highly skeptical Ben will play next week. So we'll get an extra preview.

They're not championship caliber. They'd need some serious magic to make that occur.

One can always hope but the reality is,.......... BEN is unlikely to return next year. Coach Tolin blinked his deer eyes towards Rogers and will pay a boat load for a 2 year contract and ignoring the OL in the process.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
Don't get me wrong. I do like Najee and I admire his heart. I'm just saying he aint gonna do any better than anyone else when he gets the ball and there are already 4 defenders through the line.

He has great power and good vision, but he doesn't have the speed to break away if he ever DOES clear the pack of defenders waiting for him every time he gets the ball.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

I think Ben will be back Sunday. We better hope so at least they aren't beating the lightning bolts with Rudy.