• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers locker room article? Tension link?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone posted yesterday a upcoming article about the tension in the locker room and how everyone was pissed off after the games

Does anyone have a link to that? Was it posted yet? I can’t find it anywhere and it sounded like a good read..

squidkid

Reaction score
I doubt that they were pissed.
They got the 'so is life in the nfl' attitude

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
DK sports posted a couple articles stating the players were pissed after the SF loss. I did not take anything away from those articles suggsting there was some form of locker room problem. Frankly, I'd be more concerned if they weren't pissed after going 0-3.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it was a DK article. I guess he posted a teaser that he was writing it up, but I never saw the full article.

Thanks

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Cam said everyone is playing bad and if anyone in the locker room was pointing a finger at someone else, he would break their finger.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it was a DK article. I guess he posted a teaser that he was writing it up, but I never saw the full article.

Thanks

DK tweeted that he was in the locker room and that the guys were in a VERY bad way, but I don't think there was any follow-up about guys going at each other's throats. I think the players had very high expectations this year and with the significant loss of Coach Drake and their performance thus far, I can understand why they'd be really pissed off.

And they have a Head Coach seemingly deflecting all of the blame.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Cam said everyone is playing bad and if anyone in the locker room was pointing a finger at someone else, he would break their finger.

Ha, he really said that? That's great.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think DK came out with an article about whether or not Tomlin was the guy to captain the ship or some such thing. He said in the teaser that "some people may not agree with his perspective on what's wrong" and then came out with the article about Tomlin's inability to produce with pretty much ANYONE.

I expect THAT's what he was talking about in the teaser.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I think DK came out with an article about whether or not Tomlin was the guy to captain the ship or some such thing. He said in the teaser that "some people may not agree with his perspective on what's wrong" and then came out with the article about Tomlin's inability to produce with pretty much ANYONE.

I expect THAT's what he was talking about in the teaser.

I did not read that one. Wait, is it already out or we still waiting for it? (Might be a little slow on the uptake today)

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
I did not read that one. Wait, is it already out or we still waiting for it? (Might be a little slow on the uptake today)

yes. he posted an article pointing at the poor play of the OL.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
Can we merge all the Tomlin hate threads into one???

Good freaking grief...

It's a subject that spans a 13 year waste of time, money, assets, and opportunities, and as such demands the multitude of threads that expansive commentary would generate.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I hate to say it but I seriously doubt any of them legitimately give a rats *** if they are 0-3 or 3-0. I'd wager we as fans care more about the current state of the Steelers than any of the players, coaches, management or ownership do. We spotted the icebergs in the water years ago yet management/ownership approach has been and still is: All's well! Nothing to see here." **** em.

Last edited:

xjx

Reaction score
There is no tension. Go through the motions. Get paid. That's it.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I seriously doubt any of them legitimately give a rats *** if they are 0-3 or 3-0. I'd wager we as fans care more about the current state of the Steelers than any of the players, coaches, management or ownership do. We spotted the icebergs in the water years ago yet management/ownership approach has been and still is: All's well! Nothing to see here." **** em.

I don't believe that. You don't get to be an NFL player without a passion to win. I will agree that this Tomlin team may sap some of that through sheer ineptitude.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I'd like to agree with you but I don't see anyone on this team with that go through a brick wall mentality we had back in the 70s, for most of the Cowher years and the beginning of the Tomlin era.

chipped ham

Reaction score
I'd like to agree with you but I don't see anyone on this team with that go through a brick wall mentality we had back in the 70s, for most of the Cowher years and the beginning of the Tomlin era.

I think TJ Watt, and Ironhead are two of the biggest. Hell, two years ago, DeCastro did just that when he literally went head-to-head with the Neanderthal burfict, and looked like he broke his neck. However, those guys are limited in their impact. Heyward is going to wear down; Watt is going to wear down when he’s fighting triple teams all damn game long (the ******* *ats did all the could to abuse him); and DeCastro is the best lineman on this team. I’d say Pouncey is right there too. Those two are the teams best linemen; the issues seem to be stemming from the tackle spots where Big Al has lost his grace, and Feiler isn’t having the kind of year he had last year.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
i see way too many smiles, laughing and handshakes after the games to believe these guys care that much about winning.

Yeah, because they can't be good sportsman and enjoy themselves at all. Be miserable, be ********, and don't ever shake hands...unless you win, then it's cool

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app