• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Making a Difference through Social Justice Fund

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Whether it came from the organization itself, or individual players, the Pittsburgh Steelers have made quite the difference in the community through the team’s Social Justice Fund.

The Social Justice Fund was created back in 2018 where players have been giving to local causes (and ones back in their hometowns as well), that focus on social justice issues. All donations are matched by the Steelers, and in 2021, the team was able to provide an incredible $451,500 in donations! Most of the contributions were made to organizations within Pittsburgh that centered around youth development, food access, criminal justice, community and police relations, equity and inclusion education, housing and more:

The @steelers announced a total of $451,500 in donations, from both the organization and individual players to their Social Justice Fund this past year. #InspireChange

📝: https://t.co/LumxMAGo5e pic.twitter.com/SwTHIs7zO5

— Steelers Community Relations (@SteelersCR) January 26, 2022

“I’m again thankful for the opportunity this program provides not only our team, but us as individual players, to show the Pittsburgh community how much we care,” said defensive captain, Cam Heyward via Steelers.com who gave $100,000 himself! “There are so many people in need out there, and for some, this outreach can make all the difference. I feel lucky to be a part of it, and I’m proud of my teammates, our community leaders and the Steelers organization for their continued efforts this year.”

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Definitely some nice woke solace and consolation at least we are winning at Social Justice.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Hayword stepped up but if this is all they collected from the other player sounds like many did not open up their wallets, Look at the amount of players, coaches, practice players and this is all they collected. Good for the ones that did participate, fans have been lectured by the NFL and helmet slogans and seem the players would step up more.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. Cam stepped it up. The players who don’t donate much are just all for show which seems to be the majority. Much like the pink breast cancer and military appreciation. It’s merchandise cash grabbing

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
I don't think Heyward is woke person at all. Let's not confuse helping out your neighbor and doing good things in your community for all that political bullshit one way or the other.
Definitely will give him benefit of the doubt. But a lot of the players were also fooled by the helmet tribute to the thug. Seems like the organization has definitely gone all in with woke.

Tom Lynn-Zadeusch

Reaction score
Hayword stepped up but if this is all they collected from the other player sounds like many did not open up their wallets, Look at the amount of players, coaches, practice players and this is all they collected. Good for the ones that did participate, fans have been lectured by the NFL and helmet slogans and seem the players would step up more.
Eh, I think the vast majority see this supposed "social injustice" as the bullshit propaganda that it is. It's being magnified as a far greater issue than it actually is by the loser ***** in our current administration and by the radical left. Sure. There are some bad seeds out there. No one is denying that. But this supposed "inequality" that is running rampant in our country is a narrative being pushed for political reasons and intended to cause further divide. I'm actually glad to see that more aren't falling for this rhetoric. Let's dedicate our resources to actual real issues like not allowing 200k more illegals to cross our borders, the growing threat of China, or rising violent crime within our own country.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Definitely will give him benefit of the doubt. But a lot of the players were also fooled by the helmet tribute to the thug. Seems like the organization has definitely gone all in with woke.
I disagree completely and Heyward Nd Ben were good voices of reason when all that went down.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Eh, I think the vast majority see this supposed "social injustice" as the bullshit propaganda that it is. It's being magnified as a far greater issue than it actually is by the loser ***** in our current administration and by the radical left. Sure. There are some bad seeds out there. No one is denying that. But this supposed "inequality" that is running rampant in our country is a narrative being pushed for political reasons and intended to cause further divide. I'm actually glad to see that more aren't falling for this rhetoric. Let's dedicate our resources to actual real issues like not allowing 200k more illegals to cross our borders, the growing threat of China, or rising violent crime within our own country.

are you still ******* here?

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Definitely some nice woke solace and consolation at least we are winning at Social Justice.
Hating people that are "woke" is just a cowardly way for an individual to hide their racism. It's a dog whistle that is so over used. Grow up.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Dude! I just agreed with you in another thread and now you post all this B.S.

Social injustice is real and it's been here for as long as the country has, it's just in the last few years especially with video in the form of phones that has put a bright spotlight on it.

Tom Lynn-Zadeusch

Reaction score
Dude! I just agreed with you in another thread and now you post all this B.S.

Social injustice is real and it's been here for as long as the country has, it's just in the last few years especially with video in the form of phones that has put a bright spotlight on it.

No BS. Again, I'm not saying that there aren't some bad actors who make bad decisions and they should be dealt with accordingly; just like with anything. I don't and will not buy into this farce that is being pushed by Senile Joe, Crazy Kamala, and their far left party that our country is built on racism. It's simply not true and we have FAR greater "real" issues that we should be focusing on as a country. A couple individuals a few posts up commented on how more NFL players aren't donating to "social justice" reform. I replied that I believe the vast majority recognize that it's a divisive, political narrative. (and this includes minority athletes). The far left crazies want you to feel like if you're not buying into their racism rhetoric, it's because you, yourself, are a racist. Don't buy into their ****. Hopefully we get the house and senate back this year and we can have these morons who are destroying our country out of office in '24.

steelcan58

Reaction score
The politics on this forum is sickening. Isn't there a specific section to post that BS. The original post was simply about a Steelers player doing good for the community and it devolves into this **** immediately.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The politics on this forum is sickening. Isn't there a specific section to post that BS. The original post was simply about a Steelers player doing good for the community and it devolves into this **** immediately.
There is a place for it and both are aware where that is. It isn't here.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
There is a place for it and both are aware where that is. It isn't here.
Agreed whole heartedly. And working in your community for people who have less isn't about politics. It's about Christian spirit or good works if you aren't religious. And that's the kind of thing I see Heyward doing.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed whole heartedly. And working in your community for people who have less isn't about politics. It's about Christian spirit or good works if you aren't religious. And that's the kind of thing I see Heyward doing.
Agreed, but why not just call it what it is and always has been; charity. Once it's labeled otherwise it becomes political, like it or not.

Tom Lynn-Zadeusch

Reaction score
Agreed, but why not just call it what it is and always has been; charity. Once it's labeled otherwise it becomes political, like it or not.
Exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth. Had this been a thread about "charity", I don't think myself and others would have commented otherwise. The admin posted a thread about "social justice" and some of the responses that followed were on-topic. Yet a select few are in an uproar that "politics" were brought into the thread when the topic started by the admin is directly related to politics.

I do agree that a politics thread or sub-section would be nice to have.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Still? I just signed up days ago. Do you have anything to add to the actual topic at hand? Or is this the extent of your rebuttal, assuming you disagree?

Bullshit.. We all know who you are.

And hey , "Beautiful Mind Bob" If you actually think you have added some kind of great content over the last 4 months, with your 10 different monikers of retardedness, i got some news for you.

Cannot believe they dont just ip ban you.

Tom Lynn-Zadeusch

Reaction score
Bullshit.. We all know who you are.

And hey , "Beautiful Mind Bob" If you actually think you have added some kind of great content over the last 4 months, with your 10 different monikers of retardedness, i got some news for you.

Cannot believe they dont just ip ban you.

Hey Black. You must be confusing me for someone else. My name is Tom.

While I'm not sure what you are talking about specifically, I can tell you that IP bans are pretty pointless. You can literally call your service provider and ask them to change your IP. A friend of mine told me this..

Was there any specific point that I made that caused you to get upset? If so, are you able to articulate that point?

Last edited: