• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers mount rushmore

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Per steelers depot:

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/02/steelers-mt-rushmore/

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree on 3 of the four. Ward is my all-time favorite, but he doesn't belong on our monument. To me it would be The Chief, Noll, Mean Joe, and then either Ernie Stautner or Franco Harris.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great read and man oh man it will be hard to pick. I agree on the first three and Became a STEELERS devoted fan in 1968 so I watched the 70's teams. There are several players of that era whom one could choose. I'm picking a player who epitomizes the call of the STEELERS. One who has played with full heart and enthusiasm, Dominant and still on the roster,.......JAMES HARRISON. The Bus, Heinz, Polamolo, Rothlisberger, many could be chosen but James is in my opinion a no brainier.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and my four?

Mean Joe
Jack Lambert
Ham
Bradshaw

That was the dynasty those brought us four out of six rings.

If there was a mountain side by side?

we could then add

Big Ben
Deebo
Polamalu

and I would have to sit on it for the last entry.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rooney, Noll and Mean Joe must be on there. As much as I love Hines, there is no way he is even in the conversation. I'd put Lambert on there. He was the face of the D and it's nastiness. But, you could argue a few others but they would be older players. No newer players should be on there because they didn't build the team to what it is today. That comes from your founders and that has to be players and coaches from the 70's.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
We would need a bigger mountain. No way to agree on the top 7-8 Steelers of all time. But I do agree with SlashSteel. No Jack Lambert? no way

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
The Chief
Emperor Chaz
Mean Joe
Dracula

Yes, we're overly blessed with a litany of great people/talent.
But without those four, it's a flawed Mt.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great read and man oh man it will be hard to pick. I agree on the first three and Became a STEELERS devoted fan in 1968 so I watched the 70's teams. There are several players of that era whom one could choose. I'm picking a player who epitomizes the call of the STEELERS. One who has played with full heart and enthusiasm, Dominant and still on the roster,.......JAMES HARRISON. The Bus, Heinz, Polamolo, Rothlisberger, many could be chosen but James is in my opinion a no brainier.

Salute the nation

I was making an attempt to link the PAST with the PRESENT. In no way would I overlook Jack Lambert. Like some here have said, way to many to just limit it to a measly four. It's funny when you think about that........we are complaining of limiting when some teams can't even come up with four. LOVE IT and of course my STEELErS too. Slash for number five !!!!!

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Rooney, Noll and Mean Joe must be on there. As much as I love Hines, there is no way he is even in the conversation. I'd put Lambert on there. He was the face of the D and it's nastiness. But, you could argue a few others but they would be older players. No newer players should be on there because they didn't build the team to what it is today. That comes from your founders and that has to be players and coaches from the 70's.

In Hines' defense. The dude was the epitome of Steelers football in his prime, so I get the Hines love. He's a UGA guy as well, so I do tend to rank Hines a bit higher than deservingly(bias).

My Steelers Mount Rushmore would be
The Chief
Noll
Mean Joe
Jack Lambert

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
More than 4 people are responsible for winning 6 Super Bowls, so Mt Rushmore isn't relevant.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
More than 4 people are responsible for winning 6 Super Bowls, so Mt Rushmore isn't relevant.

More than 4 people are responsible for the 240+ year history of the United States, but we have a Mt Rushmore.

It a long off season. Gotta have something harmless to banter about.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Almost an impossible task, but hard to argue for taking anyone outside of the 70's. Those guys were the foundation for the franchise and put this team on the map. However, I want some guys from my era, so here is my Mt. Rushmore (players only):

Ben Roethlisberger
Hines Ward
Troy Polamalu
James Harrison

As much as I wanted to consider many of the players from the 90's, there were no titles. I just don't think you can tell the story of the Steelers of the 2000s without those guys being near or at the top of the list.

Reaction score
The problem with Lambert is that he was like 220. At 6-4 that makes him pretty skinny. He'd get run the **** over in today's game. Them 320 pound tackles would roll his lanky, angry *** up.

I agree that no 4 players could be fairly chosen. The Steelers are still the greatest franchise in sports history, despite recent lies to the contrary.

Forced to make a choice, I go with the first three plus Nine Deuce because I'm biased and he's my favorite.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
The problem with Lambert is that he was like 220. At 6-4 that makes him pretty skinny. He'd get run the **** over in today's game. Them 320 pound tackles would roll his lanky, angry *** up.

I agree that no 4 players could be fairly chosen. The Steelers are still the greatest franchise in sports history, despite recent lies to the contrary.

Forced to make a choice, I go with the first three plus Nine Deuce because I'm biased and he's my favorite.

if he played today he would have the same access to weights and dietary information today's players have...he would likely not the the bean pole he was....

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if he played today he would have the same access to weights and dietary information today's players have...he would likely not the the bean pole he was....

Another thing,............I bet he brings more of an "old school" attitude than today's *******...............

Salute the nation

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm gonna tell Deebo you said that...

So your saying you know DEBO???? Do you really think I'm including DEBO in the ***** catagory?? Read the beginning of this thread as It will let you know I have him on my Mt. Rushmore. I realize sarcasm is a hidden emptitude in the world of posting but JAMES HARRISON is one of my all time favorite STEELERS. My reference to "*******" was the me me me celebrate a 10yard gain tackle type players. Jack Lambert would bring the attitude of letting players know that is their JOB and you just gave up 10yards. Thank You sir.!!!!

Salute the nation

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Greg Lloyd used to get on his teammates when they messed up. So he was a Jack Lambert type guy imo. That's one thing ya gotta love about the Steelers defense, especially the linebackers. This franchise has had some mean badass dudes throughout

Stewey

Reaction score
The Chief
Emperor Chaz
Mean Joe
Dracula

Yes, we're overly blessed with a litany of great people/talent.
But without those four, it's a flawed Mt.

Like Blitz said ...we're gonna need a bigger mountain.

Should have an offensive player, and Mike Webster was the anchor.
His face was etched out of stone..

If it was up to me and I had to choose only four it would be the owner, the coach, a D player and an O player.
Rooney, Noll, Mean Joe, and Iron Mike....sorry Jack.