• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers offensive line overrated

bigben

Reaction score
Totally outclassed tonight. I don't think the play calling helped. Nonetheless, same old story, no corners, safetys, ****** o line, bad coaching. Without Bell and Brown every coach/ coordinator would be looking for a job.

leveon bell would have had 3500 yards with the Cowboys line.

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
"Overrated"? Who's doing the "rating" in your scenario?

While I'll admit that this O-Line surpassed some of our expectations at times this season, I don't think anyone rated them highly. Beachum is not suited for LT, our RTs are garbage, Foster is only slightly less garbage than them (I was hoping Wallace would get some PT over Foster during the year). Pouncey and De Castro are the only OL that would be starting for any other playoff team.

Chicoman

Reaction score
Nah when a defense is going against a one dimensional offense it really puts too much on your O-line. They didn't play great but when a team is one dimensional it's a lot easier for any defense.

B

Blackstone

The Rats ran for 49 yards on 25 carries, we had 68 on 19 carries, didn't seem to stop their one dimensional offense from pass blocking. Foster and Gilbert suck, Pouncey is soft and overrated and is manhandled by big NTs, DeCastro is a great run blocker but a poor pass blocker and the underrated LLT is our best lineman, we need some serious upgrades.

Chiba

Reaction score
The Rats ran for 49 yards on 25 carries, we had 68 on 19 carries, didn't seem to stop their one dimensional offense from pass blocking. Foster and Gilbert suck, Pouncey is soft and overrated and is manhandled by big NTs, DeCastro is a great run blocker but a poor pass blocker and the underrated LLT is our best lineman, we need some serious upgrades.

Actually I thought Decastro had a very poor game. Gilbert is no good without help with Dumerville, but decent most of the time, Foster is the weak link, but even Beachum got beat some tonight. But for me the "lineman" who had the worst game of maybe his career tonight was Heath Miller. Was he ill or something? Dropping balls, chopping of routes, and atrocious blocking leading to several hits behind the LOS. Not to mention the fumble when it was too late anyway.

Xc944

Reaction score
Pouncey is soft and very overrated

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually I thought Decastro had a very poor game. Gilbert is no good without help with Dumerville, but decent most of the time, Foster is the weak link, but even Beachum got beat some tonight. But for me the "lineman" who had the worst game of maybe his career tonight was Heath Miller. Was he ill or something? Dropping balls, chopping of routes, and atrocious blocking leading to several hits behind the LOS. Not to mention the fumble when it was too late anyway.

This ^^^

Just an awful game for Miller. He did look like something was off. Like he had the stomach flu and was engaged in projectile vomiting.

Wait, that was me watching this game ...

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
The offense as a whole is overrated. Good offenses do not go a month without scoring more than 20 non-garbage time points.

Last edited:

Dsteelmans

Reaction score
The offense has a whole is overrated. Good offenses do not go a month without scoring more than 20 non-garbage time points.

You got that right. In reality, the game last night was the real Steeler team showing up. Everyone saw it all year, unmotivated , undisciplined play .

Everyone, especially on this board gets all cranked up when you see what it COULD be , ie the two 6td passing games, but when the pressure is on, like playoff pressure, they resort to reality. Mistakes.

This I s a mistake filled team, aided by a coach who permits it.

The board is filled with " if we had bell we beat them" posts.

Yeah , not so much, bell played the Browns game, the first Ravens game, the Bucks game. Bell being out is NOT the reason they lost.

They're a poor to mediocre team, THATS why they lost.

With the proven ineptness at drafting , I don't see this changing anytime soon.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

We don't know if they would have won last night with Bell, but the whole gameplan would have been different. BAL would of had to account for him. It changed everything. Of course, we had him when we lost the bad games, but we were playing some pretty good football the last four weeks. The team was jelling and it fell apart when Nelson took out his knee. This team was not perfect, but was getting better, but when you take a leg away from the table, it was bound to fall over.

ianv2012

Reaction score

We don't know if they would have won last night with Bell, but the whole gameplan would have been different. BAL would of had to account for him. It changed everything. Of course, we had him when we lost the bad games, but we were playing some pretty good football the last four weeks. The team was jelling and it fell apart when Nelson took out his knee. This team was not perfect, but was getting better, but when you take a leg away from the table, it was bound to fall over.

I think that was a huge reason why our offense looked almost unorganized, we were hot then that just shattered how we gameplan and our momentum we had going with him in the lineup. Not mention he does EVERYTHING well.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Baltimore's defense brought it last night and the Steelers were not ready for it. It is what it is, but I'm not ready to blow up the offensive line because of that game.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Well dayum...i guess SteelerNation has reverted back to its true bitchin, whine fest, hemorraghing vaginal posts...all is lost, purge everything, nuke em- and- start again vitriol.

I wonder what some of your girlfriends or wives think of you. Men shouldnt ***** all the time........its not good for the image. Seriously. "Group-hug" it out. Goddamn yall are depressing !!!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
and yet the fans shouldn't hope for improvement and discuss options for that

everything can't be pompom and roses

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Foster should not be back, we should sign Roos and move Beachum to LG

W

Walter

Well dayum...i guess SteelerNation has reverted back to its true bitchin, whine fest, hemorraghing vaginal posts...all is lost, purge everything, nuke em- and- start again vitriol.

I wonder what some of your girlfriends or wives think of you. Men shouldnt ***** all the time........its not good for the image. Seriously. "Group-hug" it out. Goddamn yall are depressing !!!

We lost at home by 13 to a team without its two starting tackles with a depleted secondary and we should all be happy ?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Who said to be happy?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah when a defense is going against a one dimensional offense it really puts too much on your O-line. They didn't play great but when a team is one dimensional it's a lot easier for any defense.

I would agree with you, but this team was NOT one demensional. The OL made them one demensional. We ran the ball, but soon couldn't because we got down. Then we thought pass to catch up. No not one demensional, but yes OL caused one demensional. This OL is not a very good line. Three members would not even be sniffed as a starter, unless a team is desperate. No I don't expect "All Pro", but I do expect above garbage.

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Overrated??? You must be new here. Welcome to SN.com. :p

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think they're overrated. They are above average and that is all we need. They improved from years passed and improved this year. I see very little, if any, changes there this offseason. Our biggest need is defense. We need the proper people evaluating defensive talent and we need to draft almost all defense in this draft.

steelville

Reaction score
They are certainly not dominating. Much better than in the past though. I think a really good replacement for Gilbert/Adams would help quite a bit - maybe even a prototype LT and move Beachum to RT. It is time for Adams to go.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah overrated.

I think the best anyone has rated them here is "Serviceable". Not having our 1600 yard running back and our offense being one dimensional had more to do with that loss than our O-line did.