• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Personnel Pro Day Appearances

ianv2012

Reaction score
I did not see this thread posted yet

Post em as you find em.

Steelers heavy presence at Wake Forest pro day looking at CB Kevin Johnson (Reported Colbert and Carnell Lake in attendance)

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-have-large-presence-at-wake-forest-pro-day-to-look-at-cb-kevin-johnson/

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-spent-time-visiting-with-kevin-johnsons-parents-at-wake-forest-pro-day/

Steelers personnel seen at Minnesota pro day, presumably looking at TE Maxx Williams and RB David Cobb

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-personnel-spotted-in-attendance-at-minnesota-pro-day/

Steelers staff also present at Virginia pro day, presumably for OLB Eli Harold, S Anthony Harris, and OLB Max Valles

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-also-represented-at-virginia-pro-day/

ianv2012

Reaction score
Kevin Colbert at Auburn pro day today, I'd assume to see Nick Marshall at CB, RB Cameron Artis Payne, and DT Gabe Wright. Sammie Coates I doubt is being looked at but you never know.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-gm-kevin-colbert-at-auburn-pro-day/

ZACKB

Reaction score
Munchak at Pitt pro day. OT could be a big sleeper pick for us. If we can sign an OLB in FA and draft a corner in rd 2, don't be surprised if La'el Collins or Clemmings is our pick at #22.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Munchak at Pitt pro day. OT could be a big sleeper pick for us. If we can sign an OLB in FA and draft a corner in rd 2, don't be surprised if La'el Collins or Clemmings is our pick at #22.

I don't see that for a second. We just restructured Gilbert's deal (he'll be here for awhile) and we are going to try to sign Beachum to a long-term deal (to play LT, not guard) in August. Have to address the defense, there are holes everywhere (except ILB).

ianv2012

Reaction score
I don't see that for a second. We just restructured Gilbert's deal (he'll be here for awhile) and we are going to try to sign Beachum to a long-term deal (to play LT, not guard) in August. Have to address the defense, there are holes everywhere (except ILB).

The thing is if the value isn't there on defense, they are going to take the BPA, they won't reach for need and they shouldn't reach either.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Really? Foster is a FA after the season and Beachum will be kicked inside...where he belongs. Collins or Clemmings would be the future LT. There you go....

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Really? Foster is a FA after the season and Beachum will be kicked inside...where he belongs. Collins or Clemmings would be the future LT. There you go....

I just completely disagree that Beachum belongs at G.

ianv2012

Reaction score

While I agree about Foster's contract being up and it being easily conceivable of the Steelers to go OL if thats where the value is at 22, I think Beachum deserves more credit than that, while he may not have prototypical size for a LT, he has been excellent there and since he became the LT Ben's sacks have gone down and most of the pressure on him now comes up the middle or from the RT spot. Beachum has excelled tremendously, I wouldn't say he belongs at G, the kind of player he is, he simply belongs, he's a starter and I believe he would do well at any of the OL positions. Just saying, Beachum deserves a ton of credit for how well he has played for not being the prototypical LT.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think the steelers try not to tip their hand too much on who they want in round one. I think these are guys that could be there if the Steelers trade down or potentially there in round two or round two trade up. I think Johnson, Harold and Williams are all quality players that someone can get in that late first early second.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

I would love to see Clemmings. He has the size and skills to play LT and that is tough to get at #22 pick. I would be happy suring up the line with Clemmings then going CB, OLB, S the next three picks.

ianv2012

Reaction score
I would love to see Clemmings. He has the size and skills to play LT and that is tough to get at #22 pick. I would be happy suring up the line with Clemmings then going CB, OLB, S the next three picks.

The thing with Clemmings is while he projects at LT, he is raw and played RT at Pitt, he wouldn't start immediately unless they start him at RT, he needs time to work on his feet and technique. Not against the pick, he just wouldn't be a 1st year starter at LT.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
If there's a David DeCastro at 1.22 this year and we take care of OLB in UFA and DB, I'd be ok with us drafting OL (G or LT). We can let Foster play out his contract and then have a starting LG ready to come in for 16'. We've got some huge holes on defense that need filled first.

ZACKB

Reaction score
That's right. He would sit behind Beachum and then take over after learning for a year. Beachum goes to LG. Not saying Collins or Clemmings will be the pick, but if we sign a good FA pass rusher...watch out.

The thing with Clemmings is while he projects at LT, he is raw and played RT at Pitt, he wouldn't start immediately unless they start him at RT, he needs time to work on his feet and technique. Not against the pick, he just wouldn't be a 1st year starter at LT.

ianv2012

Reaction score
That's right. He would sit behind Beachum and then take over after learning for a year. Beachum goes to LG. Not saying Collins or Clemmings will be the pick, but if we sign a good FA pass rusher...watch out.

And I'm not against that idea, because you allow a year of learning under Munchak and behind Beachum, then Foster's contract expires next year, you can then move Beachum to his spot and start him at LT (if he is ready) so, we'll see.

ianv2012

Reaction score

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...rs-have-large-presence-at-pittsburgh-pro-day/

ianv2012

Reaction score
Steelers scouts in attendance at Duquesne pro day on tuesday as well

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-scouts-attended-duquesne-pro-day/

FordFairLane

Reaction score

I highly doubt we get a starter in around one, we almost never do, but think with Munchak and his coaching and the fact we always have injuries on the line that Clemmings should get playing time year one and if he progresses well be ready for the LT spot next year. Right now Beachum and Adams are FA after this year and no way I see Adams coming back. Beachum I feel is a solid starter at LT but would be a pro bowler at LG. And guess who else is a free agent after the season? Ramon Foster. So with this pick it would perhaps have an offensive line that looked like LT-Clemmings, LG- Beachum, OC- Pouncey, RG- DeCastro, and RT Gilbert. Not too shabby.

I'd be happy if Trae Waynes or Vic Beasley fell to us at #22 but I feel we have no chance at them. Clemmings has been falling so we potentially have a shot at him. We will all see how it plays out in a couple of months.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Steelers schedule pre-draft visit with Texas A&M TE Cameron Clear

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-have-pre-draft-visit-scheduled-with-texas-am-te-cameron-clear/

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Beachum I feel is a solid starter at LT but would be a pro bowler at LG.

What makes you think that? The fact that Beachum is shorter than the prototypical LT? The guy is a finesse player with quick feet and hands...useful in pass blocking on the edge. But he is not at all the mauler type that is suited to play guard.

To me this is the typical Steeler fan obsession with moving guys to different positions. 99% it makes no sense at all. Moving Willie Colon to guard is the only one that ever did...

ianv2012

Reaction score
Steelers at Miss. St. pro day

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-represented-at-mississippi-state-pro-day/

obxsteeler

Reaction score

Have you seen any FA pass rushers who have proven they are a lot better than Worilds or any potential draftee's who have proven they are better than Beechum?

ZACKB

Reaction score
The kid from Iowa, Sherff, is pretty damn good, but may move to Guard. Peat from Stanford is also quite good. Jake Fisher could surprise. I would take him in rd 3.There are a number of pass rushers who will be better than Worlds...remember he couldn't even play the right side in out def and had to move to the left. He couldn't hand NFL left tackles. Worlds is extremely limited, and vastly overrated.

There are probably 4-6 prospects in this years draft who will be better than Worlds.: Fowler, Beasley, Gregory, Shane Ray, Maybe Dupree and Harold...maybe.

Have you seen any FA pass rushers who have proven they are a lot better than Worilds or any potential draftee's who have proven they are better than Beechum?

ianv2012

Reaction score
GM Colbert and OLB Coach Porter present at Clemson pro day

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/03/steelers-olb-coach-joey-porter-present-for-clemson-pro-day/

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
The kid from Iowa, Sherff, is pretty damn good, but may move to Guard. Peat from Stanford is also quite good. Jake Fisher could surprise. I would take him in rd 3.There are a number of pass rushers who will be better than Worlds...remember he couldn't even play the right side in out def and had to move to the left. He couldn't hand NFL left tackles. Worlds is extremely limited, and vastly overrated.

There are probably 4-6 prospects in this years draft who will be better than Worlds.: Fowler, Beasley, Gregory, Shane Ray, Maybe Dupree and Harold...maybe.

Your argument has a fatal flaw... in order to draft that OLB to replace Worilds, we aren't drafting an OT at 22 - if only we could run up to the podium and call "dibs" on all the players we want. The question requires that we sign a FA pass rusher, leaving the 1st round draft pick open to possibly take an OT as BPA. Assuming of course that we aren't likely to find someone in a later round that will start and immediately be better than Worilds.