• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers put one RB on IR sign another.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Jeremy's injury is another man's opportunity.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Teague was undrafted. He did run a 4.44 40-time. We have two UDFA's already that were supposedly doing well so this is a bit of a surprise. I would think they would have been looking at a veteran to come in like McNichols was.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. He was excellent for Ohio St.
Bleeder--How does an "excellent" RB for Ohio State go undrafted?

I watched him play a bit, like many of you, and I saw a good back playing behind a fantastic O-Line and running game scheme..

I don't think he is on par with McNichols though..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that was a short ride for McNichols
He was never used properly, obviously

His proper use had a "use by experation date" attached......................... no one bothered to look at the "****-ing hard to find experation date"

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Teague is what he is. At tOSU he was a good, dependable back who was capable of starting at other schools. When called upon to start, he gave maximum effort, and occasionally that meant you got a superb game from him. His two main problems at tOSU were nagging injuries and the fact that while he was "good", there was always a better RB in front of him and an up-and-coming one behind him.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Bleeder--How does an "excellent" RB for Ohio State go undrafted?

I watched him play a bit, like many of you, and I saw a good back playing behind a fantastic O-Line and running game scheme..

I don't think he is on par with McNichols though..
ok ! lol

I watched a few games of ohio st. Everyone seemed to think he was great. Im no expert.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Teague has some talent but was never the main guy. He started here and there but was never good enough to be the lead back at OSU.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Teague has some talent but was never the main guy. He started here and there but was never good enough to be the lead back at OSU.

At this time of the year, there are NO lead backs available yet alone the guy in front of Teague, we al know that.

I hope we get more of his good days and less of his nagging injury days.

Salute the natio

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
He's a camp body and I don't see him making the final cut. As a Penn State fan, he was never a factor in any game,,,in fact he didn't even see the field against the Lion I dont believe. Henderson carved us up though. That kid is damn good.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At this time of the year, there are NO lead backs available yet alone the guy in front of Teague, we al know that.

I hope we get more of his good days and less of his nagging injury days.

Salute the natio
Not looking for a lead back but someone who can legitimately be a change of pace back or take some snaps from Najee. Snell and McFarland have not shown capable. Some decent vet will be cut at some point. That's who they should look at unless 2 of these 3 UDFA's can bump Snell and McFarland off the team.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
He's a camp body and I don't see him making the final cut. As a Penn State fan, he was never a factor in any game,,,in fact he didn't even see the field against the Lion I dont believe. Henderson carved us up though. That kid is damn good.
Well, I wouldn't say he was NEVER a factor against PSU. He did have that one game on Halloween in 2020. In a Buckeyes' win at PSU, Teague had 110 yards and 1 TD on 23 attempts (4.8 YPC) ... that wasn't bad.

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
Teague is a power runner with great speed, but no wiggle at all. He backed up 2000 yard rusher JK Dobbins in 2019 and trucked people for almost 800 yards. Then he got to start a little in 2020, but Trey Sermon finally got great in the second half of the season. Then Miyan Williams (who is a great back himself) and Treveyon Henderson (Heisman frontrunner?) came along in 21 and Teague... well, he's not as good as those guys. Doesn't mean he sucks.

I think he might outperform Snell, given the opportunity.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't say he was NEVER a factor against PSU. He did have that one game on Halloween in 2020. In a Buckeyes' win at PSU, Teague had 110 yards and 1 TD on 23 attempts (4.8 YPC) ... that wasn't bad.
Most of it was in the third and fourth quarter when the game was in-hand and they were just eating clock

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Teague is a power runner with great speed, but no wiggle at all. He backed up 2000 yard rusher JK Dobbins in 2019 and trucked people for almost 800 yards. Then he got to start a little in 2020, but Trey Sermon finally got great in the second half of the season. Then Miyan Williams (who is a great back himself) and Treveyon Henderson (Heisman frontrunner?) came along in 21 and Teague... well, he's not as good as those guys. Doesn't mean he sucks.

I think he might outperform Snell, given the opportunity.
So he’s Snell with more straight line speed?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Most of it was in the third and fourth quarter when the game was in-hand and they were just eating clock
So you're saying he helped salt the game away.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Udfa rbs typically are the best value especially if you are just looking for a backup… but id wager there have been more pro bowlers who were udfas at Rb than any other position… running woth the football is a core athletic ability… its the most simplistic position with the least skill required to excel at it…