• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers -raiders prediction thread #HomeOnTheRangePostWhereTheBuffaloLay

mdk2

Reaction score
Love that matchup, there will have to be help for Leatherwood, hw looked really bad last night. The Steeler offense isn't firing on all cylinders yet and the oline is still a work in progress so I expect another low output of points. The Raider offense looked good last night against a good Ravens defense. I hope I'm wrong and everyone else is right with their selection of Steelers over the Raiders.
I don't know how good that Ravens defense really is. They made it pretty easy for Carr all night by sending 7 and even 8 guys sometimes. Their corners were 1-1 all night and get burned a ton of times. We can get pressure without sending the house like the Ravens but Raiders always play us tough so it won't be easy.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't like the Maxx Crosby vs Okorafors match-up in this one, Steelers have to keep a TE in to help Okorafors eliminating a downfield threat.

Steelers: 20
Raiders: 23
I see what you're doing here. As long as your prognostication works out as well as it did last week, no problem.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not making my assessment until the MNF game is over...

I mean injuries will play into my assessment.
Sooo...

We're gonna need damn near the same defensive scheme as we ran against the Bills; but, as I type this, the game plan will need more wrinkles to confuse Carr (more experience).

Okafor better be ready - that DE/OLB is a beast and ate Big Al's lunch last night on the right side.

Now, for my prediction:

Visiting Raiders - 20
Underestimated Steelers - 33

***Defense has 7 sacks*** because Carr ran his big yapper talking about 'the ball hit the ground'!!!🤨😡🤯

Last edited:

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the Steelers 24- 15. I think the defense will be dominant again with the offense starting to take shape. I see Crosby going after Okorafor more than Moore. The Steelers D will be too much for Carr to overcome

papillon

Reaction score
I see what you're doing here. As long as your prognostication works out as well as it did last week, no problem.
LOL, that would be fantastic wouldn't it? The Raiders seem to always pose a for the Steelers, even when they are really bad. Carr made some plays last nught under duress, Waller is his go to guy (I think he had 15 targets or something like that) and Maxx Crosby looks like the real deal at OLB. I'll stick with a 23-20 loss and hope for about as much success as I had in last week's contest.
;)

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think either Raider T is star studded. Leatherwood looked good in regards to his run blocking capabilities in college but he had some pass rush defending question marks that transferred over. One thing also was that the Raiders went against the Ravens without Peters. We know what it is like being without a top corner for a game. Just look at the clowns SB victory from last year. Or the closest they will get to one.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep getting this vision...I predict Harris will make a shoestring catch off a deflected pass and outrun the Raider defenders on his way to the end zone to win the game.

It's not just the vision that matters but also which world you are in............................

Current world---------- A hell of a finish

Spirit world----------- a deeper meaning to life as a STEELERS fan such as not giving up or letting go

BizZarO world--------CRAZY enough to actually happen

Past world---------- Imaculate

Salute the nation

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm afraid we're in for a downer as the Raiders are not looking past Pittsburgh - Defense gets 3 sacks but a stifled offense can't put more than 16 on the board. Raiders 23 Steelers 16. Remember, 7 points last week were on special teams.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score

Okafor better be ready - that DE/OLB is a beast and ate Big Al's lunch last night on the right side.

Okorafor better get help. It doesn't matter how ready he is, he can't handle the guy that ate up AV, no matter how bad AV has gotten.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
People think the Raiders had a great victory vs the Ravens because they assume the Ravens are a great team. I don't. Their defensive gameplan of just calling zero blitzes makes me think that they have no answer for losing Marcus Peters and they know their coverage can't hold. If Carr had time, he had a wide open guy somewhere.

The ravens OL looks worse than the Steelers. Al is finished and Ronnie Stanley got injured. The Raiders back 7 is slow. Lamar is slow to read defenses so he didn't capitalize.

Ben gets rid of the ball quickly. I don't think the Raiders have anybody who can cover any of the steelers receivers really. Freiermuth and Najee looked good blocking. Steelers should be able to give Ben enough time to hit open receivers.

I don't see how the Raiders score. Yeah they have Waller but if he's running patterns then he's not blocking and the Raiders will need some extra help blocking Watt and Ingram.

We knew the Steeler OL would be a work in progress. It is already better right now than it was toward the end of last year. Just having 5 healthy guys makes it better than last year's version that ended with the empty husks of Pouncey Decastro and Al. They also looked to get better in the 2nd half.

The Raiders are physical and aggressive. I hope to see some play action and double moves for big play shots.

Steelers 27
Raiders 9

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers 24
Transients 17

Sacks 3

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think either Raider T is star studded. Leatherwood looked good in regards to his run blocking capabilities in college but he had some pass rush defending question marks that transferred over. One thing also was that the Raiders went against the Ravens without Peters. We know what it is like being without a top corner for a game. Just look at the clowns SB victory from last year. Or the closest they will get to one.
Leatherwood is a great run blocking LT - and I mean elite; his pass blocking WILL BE tested with the likes of Ingram "The Predator" and Highsmith. I personally think he'll be on skates most of the day...
Okorafor better get help. It doesn't matter how ready he is, he can't handle the guy that ate up AV, no matter how bad AV has gotten.
What a novel concept LOL...
People think the Raiders had a great victory vs the Ravens because they assume the Ravens are a great team. I don't. Their defensive gameplan of just calling zero blitzes makes me think that they have no answer for losing Marcus Peters and they know their coverage can't hold. If Carr had time, he had a wide open guy somewhere.

The ravens OL looks worse than the Steelers. Al is finished and Ronnie Stanley got injured. The Raiders back 7 is slow. Lamar is slow to read defenses so he didn't capitalize.

Ben gets rid of the ball quickly. I don't think the Raiders have anybody who can cover any of the steelers receivers really. Freiermuth and Najee looked good blocking. Steelers should be able to give Ben enough time to hit open receivers.

I don't see how the Raiders score. Yeah they have Waller but if he's running patterns then he's not blocking and the Raiders will need some extra help blocking Watt and Ingram.

We knew the Steeler OL would be a work in progress. It is already better right now than it was toward the end of last year. Just having 5 healthy guys makes it better than last year's version that ended with the empty husks of Pouncey Decastro and Al. They also looked to get better in the 2nd half.

The Raiders are physical and aggressive. I hope to see some play action and double moves for big play shots.

Steelers 27
Raiders 9
#StandingOvation - great assessment, Tape!!!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not just the vision that matters but also which world you are in............................

Current world---------- A hell of a finish

Spirit world----------- a deeper meaning to life as a STEELERS fan such as not giving up or letting go

BizZarO world--------CRAZY enough to actually happen

Past world----------Imaculate

Salute the nation

PROOF Derrick Carr reads my post(s) but more importantly he reads STEELERNATION.COM !

Salute the nation

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think it will be a tough game. Waller is a beast and TEs have been our kryptonite. I think we follow a similar game plan as last week, with the Winkle of bracketing Waller at all times with Schobert and Minkah. Renfro also scares me a bit underneath. I think we should win if the offense shows improvement. i will go 24-17 Steelers with 4 sacks