• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Recognized as Best Defensive Line in NFL

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With the NFL season on its way, much of the anxiety that many fans and others alike is increasing at a rapid pace. However, one of the biggest things Pittsburgh Steelers fans should look forward to is the defensive line unit that will be put out every week during the 2021 NFL season.

Starting with players who still remain are veterans like Cam Heyward and T.J Watt, the group definitely has some talent. There are definitely many Steeler fans who believed Watt should have or could have won the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year over Los Angeles Rams star Aaron Donald. Watt, who led the NFL in sacks last year had a solid case but alongside him was former Steeler, now Tennessee Titan, Bud Dupree who himself was third on the team in sacks. Now, with Dupree out of Pittsburgh, Watt will have to take his game to the next level, along with the rest of the defensive line.

In an article by Ben Linsey for Pro Football Focus, he laid out his opinion for who the best defensive line unit in the upcoming NFL year with the Steelers unit coming in at the top spot. His reason? The evidence he brought along was that the team might actually have a player in Alex Highsmith who outperformed Dupree in pass-rush win rate, there was four players ranked in the top 32 at their position, as well as their league-leading 45.1% pressure rate.

In my opinion, the Steelers definitely have one of the best defensive units overall and have an argument as the best defensive-line in the league. The big question for the unit is whether or not the line can stay healthy for the whole season. Remember, the two interior linemen Tyson Alualu and Heyward are both 32 years or older and this upcoming NFL season is the first 17-game season these players have had in their NFL careers. The big thing for these two in particular is health, if they get hurt, the defensive line will lose one or maybe two of their team’s leaders.

If you have a comment, leave one! Who do you think is the best player on Pittsburgh’s defensive line?

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not to be a "told you so" sort but I told you so.............. lol

You have to give credit where credit is due and the coaching staff put these guys in win positions. It also helps to have SUPER GREAT players who know how to get after it.

This defensive front has been pretty dang good but father time is just about to knock so let's get #7 this year & #8 next............

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PFF? Bunch of ******* clowns...even when they get it right, lol.

Use to be Coach's #1 reference but now it's Walter's or YouTube, not that either one is bad if used as a tool but not by a tool.......................

Did I just say Coach is a tool......?.....................................Sorry Coach no offense

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
o
That number has to jump into top 15 this year. Top 10 would be optimal.
yes, that would be nice. Road grading Banner + Dotson, healthy Decastro and a serviceable Chuk on his natural side could make that happen.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, we will be playing the number 1 ranked OL twice and the other two divisinal teams are ranked higher OL-wise, check.

Remeber it's NOT where you start but where you finish that counts.

Our OL is ranked that low due to change over. I'd bet we climb top 15 by end of year if not higher. Our question marks need answered and that's why we have mini camps and training camp.............. I'm stoked to get answers and I'm thinking we will get favorable answers at that.
Green will be upgrade over last year's pouncy and definatly upgrade over housenhousseotmamaspelling & Finney
Big DOT definately upgrade to full time starter
LT is the biggest ? and I wouldn't count Moore out just yet

Salute the nation