• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Reportedly “Locked In” On Three Players In Round One

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Eintene too over Harris. More of a complete back that I think fits better under Canada’s scheme. First round though Drink since these guys won’t be there when we pick in the second. Then take best OL in round two.

I hear yaz steelhurt and I think Harris first then Jenkins in the 2nd aND i'D BE WAY ok WITH THAT.

Salute the nation

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Jenkins won't be there at 55. He won't.

Dickerson might be there. Perhaps a 50% chance. I personally think that teams are going to take him with a pick in the top 50 because his skill set, attitude, feistiness, strength plus his physical skills make him a top-20 guy available at 45 only because of injuries.

And as to those dismissing the idea of picking him at all in the first 3 rounds, I pray none of the other AFCN teams select him because the decision to pass on him would haunt the team twice per season for a decade.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
SEC hate again...

Dickerson WILL NOT last until the 4th round. Let me remind you that Pouncey was injured TWICE early in his career - he will be a HOF guy. Write it down. I'm not saying that Dickerson is Pouncey but he certainly brings IMMEDIATE value to the team.

If it were me, I pray Najee is there at 1.24 and find a way to jump back in late in the 1st round to grab Landon...

yes, you busted me again. I just don't want him because he played in the SEC. It has nothing to do with 4 season ending injuries and 2 ACL tears. If he went to Wisconsin, i'd be touting him as the 1st overall pick.

Pouncey was injured after he was drafted not before. Dickerson would bring immediate value, but how long will he last until he's injured again? He's not the only Center in the draft.

troymania

Reaction score
Jenkins will be gone by pick 20. His stock has been rising since March. Harris and Etienne have to make it past the Jets @ 23. So there is a good shot you might see one of the two @ 24. If Tampa gets a wild hair up their *** they could trade up for one of the two as well. I would not take Dickerson @ 24 based completely on injury history. When he is right he is a stud. If the two backs are gone then Eichenberg from ND or Mayfield from Michigan at OT in the first and Carter or Williams from NC in the second @ 55. You can look for a center later in Quin Meinerez from Wisconsin-Whitewater or Josh Myers from OSU in The 3rd or Trey Hill from Georgia in the 4th. Greene from Illinois and Jackson from Kentucky 5th or 6th. Hainsey from ND worked out at Guard and Center at the Senior Bowl and impressed a lot of scouts. He is 6-4 315 lbs. He could be a project worth developing.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I am hoping this is fake news. If we are specifically targeting 3 players that’s bad and if that news is leaked that’s horrible.