• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Sign Free Agent CB

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers lost starting cornerbacks Mike Hilton, and Steven Nelson from last season. Other corner Justin Layne was arrested last month and could potentially face a suspension from the NFL. That leaves quite the hole.

They addressed the position late in the draft with Tre Norwood, but there’s no guarantee he will make the team.

Now they turned to free agency to sign former Jets cornerback Arthur Maulet who started five games last season, and 5 in 2019 for the team.

Bringing the heat to The 412! Congrats Arthur Maulet on signing with the @steelers People will soon see
👀
👿
pic.twitter.com/D4tWR2Q05Z

— Goal Line Football (@GoalineFootball) May 7, 2021

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping for a more renowned name but well

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Camp bod to fight it out with Shakur for nickel.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Any Idea on cost? He does have starter experience (small portion) and we need someone with experience. He might have enough in his tank to make the team but it leads me to wonder if we will sign a "bigger" name / experience CB.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS Thank You Justin for the insigh article

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he's a S, he may be more than just a camp body. We are thin at S and CB other than a bunch of UDFA's or true camp bodies. This guy has at least played and started.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said, doesn't always translate. Some carry their pads easier. Juju wasn't a speedster in shorts, but has two 90+ yard TD's.

And some guy named Jerry Rice may have something to say as well.

Let's give Sir Arthur a chance. From this day henceforth, thou shall be bestowed the title "Sir Arthur".

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Would towards camp like to see a starter with experience and one that has accomplished something signed we after layne plea deal are likely going to lose him to suspension 2-4 games as how much fuhr rig hates us since this is sb or nothing as mini camp and camp approach better to have a proven guy to push Sutton or desir like butler Norman Alexander

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
everyone DB on the jets last year sucked, that game vs Denver showed Rypien just threw wobblers downfield and they couldn't stop TIM Patrick. I see this just as a camp body to challenge Sutton or Desir you have to bring in someone from this group (Butler Norman, Alexander, Sherman, or Kirkpatrick), or by some miracle, Nelson comes back as he knows the entire scheme and if he loses to Sutton plays the slot. Still uncertianity to what type of jump Layne will make alsp pending likely Suspension 2-4 games)

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Show me his 40 time in pads, 40 time in shorts doesn't always translate
Show me a guy who was only good enough to be a part-time starter for the last two years with the Jets, and it will most likely translate to a ****** player.