• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign LB Elandon Roberts

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm unfamiliar with Roberts.

Is the general feeling that he is an upgrade over Myles Jack, or a lateral cost-saving move?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
well Roberts did have 3 passes defended and an INT in 2021 for the dolphins
And Cole has two INTs in the season before his foot injury. 👍

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He meant Myles.😉

That was an “auto-correct” issue.

I know I may suck at spelling / typing (mostly) but my new little I-pad has taken things over with auto-correct.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I know I was being an *******…
I know so was I.😅

Don’t feel lonely Gentlemen, I’m in that category as well.!!!!

I have 2 fingers with no feeling, a third with 1/2 feeling and a 4th with top knuckle up with not much feeling (all on left hand)
I also have an index finger problem on my right.

I can do everyday stuff with no problem but when it comes to typing, I sort of type 2-4 finger type and hope I hit the right key pads. I don’t proof read as much as I should but, it is what it is.

Now you both can feel like ***-holes while I laugh, but also know I appreciate both of you as well for all the great post(s) and humor along the way.

Salute the nation

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
I think with the recent signings MLB gets pushed to rnd 3-4 or even 5

17 is eithier CB WR or OT
32 DT edge
2 B WR edge
3 Edge WR LB Dorian Williams Tulane 4.49 bigger similar speed as Devin but 3 inches taller, can put him at MLB 3-3-5 Slot CB 3-2-6
4 C LB Someone like Army Carter would be nice if you can get him down to 260 it will help him his knee bend and drop at times 5 yards back,
rnd 5-7 some MLB to consider
if the lb signed
Ventrell Miller Florida
Cam Jones Indiana
Mohamad Diatabe Utah 4.53
Too'too or Sewell if they fall to rnd 3 Too.too is a thumper and running a 4.62 should turn 34 teams who project him as a MLB but that speed is fine for a 4-3 if you have beefy DL
I think with these 2 MLB signings unless a drastic fall we are out on Sanders, maybe as an edge, they are still interested in Sanders, Best they use a 5th or 7th on a fast cover LB
n ice that a hard-working guy like Spilliane got paid but he was a huge liability in coverage every time Cincy Bal CLV wanted to run a crossing te route he would get burned every time. We need a hybrid S/LB to put in the middle in the nickel or dime to help take away that crossing route

Last edited:

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score

32 DT edge
2 B WR edge
3 Edge WR LB Dorian Williams Tulane 4.49 bigger similar speed as Devin but 3 inches taller, can put him at MLB 3-3-5 Slot CB 3-2-6
4 C LB Someone like Army Carter would be nice if you can get him down to 260 it will help him his knee bend and drop at times 5 yards back,
if the lb signed
Ventrell Miller Florida
Cam Jones Indiana
Too'too or Sewell if they fall to rnd 3 Too.too is a thumper and running a 4.62 should turn 34 teams who project him as a MLB but that speed is fine for a 4-3 if you have beefy DL
I think with these 2 MLB signings unless a drastic fall we are out on Sanders, maybe as an edge, they are still interested in Sanders, Best they use a 5th or 7th on a fast cover LB
n ice that a hard-working guy like Spilliane got paid but he was a huge liability in coverage every time Cincy Bal CLV wanted to run a crossing te route he would get burned every time. We need a hybrid S/LB to put in the middle in the nickel or dime to help take away that crossing route
please no WR in round 1 maybe break the habit and go rd 4ish?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
WR is way down the list. Still not even top 5 needs. OL, CB, DL, OLB, ILB, and maybe WR is after them but they may even look at a S if Edmunds isn't back and they don't sign someone. They liked the 3 safety sets.

ianv2012

Reaction score

32 DT edge
2 B WR edge
if the lb signed
Ventrell Miller Florida
Cam Jones Indiana
I think they'd still be willing to take one high, especially one of top guys (Simpson, Campbell, Sanders) depending on the pick spot. Dorian Williams is definitely an option, it's going to be a guy most likely that's more athletic and can cover as the two guys they signed are more adept at at crashing down on the run game and blitzing

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If I could give 2 thumbs up for that one I would!

That was most certainly a hit. I saw it LIVE on TV when that game was played. I was just in from work and flipped the TV on and lo and behold with-in 5 minutes it was played.

I switched the tv off about 5 minutes later because I didn’t get the STEELERS, go figure.

ALL good here

Salute the nation

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like 2 run stuffers for 2 downs or running downs, short yardage, and then full secondary on passing plays… we might get 2 secondary guys in our first 3 picks probably one of the Alabama safeties either one would be sweet. I think when they signed Patrick they kinda signaled they were going cornerback in the first he’s a great guy in locker room was responsible for helping the honey badger making the transition to the pros. Could be corner-best player available-safety GoSteelers!

DanielZavala

Reaction score
Hey, I totally agree with you! I think we definitely need some help on the defensive side of the ball, especially in the secondary. Getting those run stuffers for short yardage situations is crucial, but we also need to be able to defend against those deep passes. I've been keeping up with all the latest sports news on this blog called IT Gadget, and they've been talking a lot about the upcoming draft and which players would be a good fit for our team. I'm really hoping we can snag one of those Alabama safeties you mentioned, they seem like they would be a great addition to the team. And it makes sense that the front office is looking to go with a cornerback in the first round, especially with the signing of Patrick. It sounds like he's been a great asset to the team both on and off the field.

Last edited:

FordFairLane

Reaction score

32 DT edge
2 B WR edge
if the lb signed
Ventrell Miller Florida
Cam Jones Indiana
Currently, we don't have a 5th or 6th round pick. I feel if Khan is at all like Colbert he will be willing to move back with one of our top 3 picks to pick up some mid round picks. Maybe a team like Seattle in the 2nd to go from #49 to #52 and gain back #151 (Witherspoon) from them. Maybe if he is a good salesman he can throw in #234 to get #198.