• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign Neal

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
great article but did we actually sing him? It says we are close but not that he was signed, unless I missed something.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
So my question is...can Branch play corner in the NFL?
Supposibly the slot but I don't think that is where his bread and butter will be.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh. After this signing I don't see us taking a safety at all. At least early. Especially with talk of Peterson playing there also. Now a CB I could see us taking with one of our first 2 picks. Maybe even both of them depending who is available.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
A true hybrid player (While not ideal on the outside as CB, he can play safety, slot, ILB, dimebacker ... played a similar role in Alabama as Minkah). That doesn't mean he plays all potential spots equally but he can do a whole lot. Tons of upside and versatility.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Man I hope we're not taking a wr in round 1. I'm thinking Addison as a qb gift to Pickett. I hope my hunch is wrong. Please OL/DL
Trade “Drops“ for the #12, get the OL they want and take Addison #17

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Man I hope we're not taking a wr in round 1. I'm thinking Addison as a qb gift to Pickett. I hope my hunch is wrong. Please OL/DL

Addison isn’t the cure-all that many think. As for “reunited” with the Fighting Pickett, if that’s the case then whomever is crying for that is a PITT homie. There are better WRs out there that will be available, if that is the route they are going. I don’t think WR is in the works, early anyways.

To many needs to go for a luxury pick to”reunite” a QB that is being put in a “rushing 1st” offense.

Salute the nation

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just hoping they draft a LT than can start day one. I'd love to see them land Skoronski. They won't but it would be nice.
With all the shuffling done to shore up a number of positions, LT would seem to make sense, but I think Jones, Johnson and Skoronski are gone by 17 as they always seem to go early. Maybe trade back, if they get an offer for 17, and still pick up Anton Harrison?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Watch the Alabama v Tennessee game. That should answer your question.
I will. IMO Branch had a good game. Not a great game but good. That first big TD pass in the first to Hyatt was Hellams responsibility. The Bama Cover 7 is a little hard to breakdown but that play it looks like Branch has an intermediate zone and passed Hyatt on to Hellams. When Hellams crashed down Hooker went over top. In the 3rd with about 12:00 left Branch hits the TE on 4th and 2 for no gain. IMO that is as good as a turnover. In the 4th with 7:25 Branch had a strip that the refs decided to call forward momentum. You can argue either way but it was a bam bam play and a good play by him. The two knocks imo would be the blitz he ran in the 4th with 6:00 left where he missed when he went to the 5 gap and the runner went to the 3 gap. It was a read play and a half a second earlier and he would have made the tackle from that 5 gap. But I will knock him for missing out on a possible TFL on 3rd and 5. And then the TD with 3:20 left. He was left on an island with no safety help. He actually had decent coverage and hit Hyatt immediately when he caught it but Hellams got caught looking at the playaction and was no where near the play. I can't blame him for that either. He was right on Hyatts back pocket but Hooker had lots of room to lead with Hellams out of position. I wouldn't knock Branch for that game at all. He was probably the best DB for Bama that game. I would say if anything it shows how underrated Hooker and Hyatt are.