• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign Patrick Peterson

FordFairLane

Reaction score
WTF.

Bluesteel

Reaction score
2 year deal for Peterson, as he approaches 33 yrs old?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
SB here we come!!!!!!!!

How much did we spend?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I had a bad feeling about them chasing him.. they were linked to trade rumors about him a couple of times in his career and he just had a really good season as a zone guy… two years… lets hope not for too much

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Fam, this is not the end. Pee Paw is purely insurance and locker room stability. Call it an on and off the field coach. He can still make plays in a pinch - I don't think I saw him get burnt once this past season (but I could be wrong).

He's also gonna help the WR room because of his tribal knowledge of the game.

JMO...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a bad feeling about them chasing him.. they were linked to trade rumors about him a couple of times in his career and he just had a really good season as a zone guy… two years… lets hope not for too much
Place him at man see what happens. It is off to the races. There was better a better option on the market but that bottom dollar special. Hey hey.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
P2 balled last year as Trog list above. He may not be a press corner but definitely a cover ball hawk. That’s what’s needed in the division now with these QBs.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Petersons’s 5 INTs and 15 PDs > Sutton’s 3 INTs and 15 PDs
You think that makes him the better corner? Hell with what he gave up in coverage right? And what's the odds he gets another year of 5ints? When opposing WRs are logging their frequent flyer miles we will revisit and see if you are still thinking the same.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Can Peterson still return kicks and punts?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Can Peterson still return kicks and punts?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
P2 balled last year as Trog list above. He may not be a press corner but definitely a cover ball hawk. That’s what’s needed in the division now with these QBs.
So Steelers are not going to play him at press?

I can try to make myself like the signing but there is some major concerns and some play that suggests he isn't going to be a season long answer.

ianv2012

Reaction score

I can try to make myself like the signing but there is some major concerns and some play that suggests he isn't going to be a season long answer.
It looks and feels like a stop gap, hopefully they don't reach or force a CB, hopefully they understand there are talented guys they can still get at 32, 49, and even 80. They don't HAVE to take a CB at 17, but they HAVE to take one at least in the top 50, it's almost too risky to wait until 80.

They may even be forced to double dip at corner now as well

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It looks and feels like a stop gap, hopefully they don't reach or force a CB, hopefully they understand there are talented guys they can still get at 32, 49, and even 80. They don't HAVE to take a CB at 17, but they HAVE to take one at least in the top 50, it's almost too risky to wait until 80.

They may even be forced to double dip at corner now as well
This is what concerns me if they feel this same way. For me to feel better about this they need to attack today's move with another corner. Peterson won't be versatile like Cam. He was like having two good corners at different spots. Peterson isn't going to play man. So if they need to play that who plays it with consistently?

Kicking the can down the road hoping for good results usually does little for the here and now. I mean it isn't like the Steelers are picking top ten. The attractive value could easily be off the board.

So we cross fingers and toes?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The thing is that we are also not as high on their current CBs as I think they are… yeah we feel like they need that shutdown corner, but i think they think Witherspoon is going to be that guy if healthy.. he has been inconsistent in his career to date, but has some high profile shutdown games… people thought that he got benched for performance but it turned out he had a hamstring Injury that hampered him almost all season…

so they simply might ignore the position in the draft altogether… because in their head they are better than we think they are. I think if they make any substantial offer to James Pierre then you should not expect a High target in the draft this year…

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The thing is that we are also not as high on their current CBs as I think they are… yeah we feel like they need that shutdown corner, but i think they think Witherspoon is going to be that guy if healthy.. he has been inconsistent in his career to date, but has some high profile shutdown games… people thought that he got benched for performance but it turned out he had a hamstring Injury that hampered him almost all season…

so they simply might ignore the position in the draft altogether… because in their head they are better than we think they are. I think if they make any substantial offer to James Pierre then you should not expect a High target in the draft this year…
If those two names does it for them I have some bad news for yinz. More sofa party bingo come January.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

IDK Slash, it’s only the first day. I’d say this signing was like the Joe Haden signing, but the shelf life is only for two years max. Obviously Sutton signing to DET is down right disappointing, but the FO has been doing their way of FA business for over 30 years and DET is maxing out with all that cap room (just like CHI). I’m more concerned with ILB since CHI signed the two PIT we’re interested in the most. Pratt is off the market, so we need some bodies there….the draft doesn’t have a big crop.