• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Tried To Sign Orlando Brown Jr

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Yeah he had tweeted something about us earlier… I heard most team’s making offers saw him as a top end right tackle, not tge left tackle he felt he was… his LT play was adequate but not great…

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
That assistant GM will not ignore the trenches. That is what that tells me. Doesn't even matter to me they didn't get him. This is the second indication for me that the trenches will not play second fiddle any longer. If the opportunity is there to upgrade the team will try.

On the flip side that guaranteed money roadblock will need tweaked in the future. Not sure I wanted it done for Brown but yeah....

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Damn straight Slash

Seems like Weidl is willing to shoot some shots, hopefully his input is well received come draft day too

Gotta say other than letting Sutton out the door there have been some pretty solid moves so far compared to the recent past

ianv2012

Reaction score
That assistant GM will not ignore the trenches. That is what that tells me. Doesn't even matter to me they didn't get him. This is the second indication for me that the trenches will not play second fiddle any longer. If the opportunity is there to upgrade the team will try.

On the flip side that guaranteed money roadblock will need tweaked in the future. Not sure I wanted it done for Brown but yeah....
This tells me that OT, OG, DL are NOT removed as options in the draft at any pick if it's BPA......good

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Also for those wondering how they signed these players with only $11 million available, Minkah just restructured freeing up $10 million...

Thanks for letting us know, I hadn’t seen that and was wondering how the hell the could shoot for Brown, with just blanks….

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As for the new 1/2 GM, I feel he is that outside shot of FRESH ideology that has L-O-N-G been needed. Imagine what a few other coaching replacements could have done along the way.

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
as slash said, even though we didn't get this guy, it shows that the FO would like to upgrade the OL - and by trying to get Brown, they were looking to upgrade Moore.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Damn straight Slash

Seems like Weidl is willing to shoot some shots, hopefully his input is well received come draft day too

Gotta say other than letting Sutton out the door there have been some pretty solid moves so far compared to the recent past
Ya know I’m not so upset with losing Sutton. Not worth 33 million over three years.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Ya know I’m not so upset with losing Sutton. Not worth 33 million over three years.
He was frequently our best CB last year

If we’re 100% zone Peterson may be ok, but damn if we play man it’s gonna get ugly

I would’ve ponied up the few more million him over PP-likely another one and done player cuz he’s already ancient for a CB

madinsomniac

Reaction score
as slash said, even though we didn't get this guy, it shows that the FO would like to upgrade the OL - and by trying to get Brown, they were looking to upgrade Moore.
Not necessarily Moore… it was reported that several teams interested in him thought he would be a stud RT … he was more or less a default LT in KC… we may have been looking to replace one overpriced average RT with a overpriced great one

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Tge bottom line is they know the Oline isn’t fine the way it was… which was a real concern… that they would whistle past the graveyard and just keep tweaking the D

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think an ideal situation may be to get one of the top CBs at 17 followed by Wright or Jones at 32.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Probably as I could see a run on corners before 32. Might even be before 17...
I expect the top three tackles to be gone. Gonzalez should be gone and given his speed, Banks may be a guy higher on draft boards than we think. That may push a smaller Witherspoon down the board. Even a guy like Porter with his size and arm length may be what some teams want.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So four qbs will likely go before 17.
At least one dl, two edges, 1 rb, probably 2 cb’s and at least one Wr… so the other 5 players could be a mix of DL,Edge,OT,WR Cb and S.. there may even be a reach at TE… there most likely will be one or two of tge best OTs gone, but its not that likely that all of tge top guys are gone by 17… too many of these teams have bigger holes elsewhere

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This surprises me but in a good way. They had to have been willing to spend in the $15 million per range on a top free agent. That is rare for the Steelers to say the least.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So four qbs will likely go before 17.
At least one dl, two edges, 1 rb, probably 2 cb’s and at least one Wr… so the other 5 players could be a mix of DL,Edge,OT,WR Cb and S.. there may even be a reach at TE… there most likely will be one or two of tge best OTs gone, but its not that likely that all of tge top guys are gone by 17… too many of these teams have bigger holes elsewhere

I just HOPE that top tier LT is there and our beloved STEELERS actually pull the trigger.

Moore is playing above his draft position (barely), so If we wait till the 3rd or fourth, we gain nothing.

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just HOPE that top tier LT is there and our beloved STEELERS actually pull the trigger.

Moore is playing above his draft position (barely), so If we wait till the 3rd or fourth, we gain nothing.

Salute the nation
I've seen mocks with 5 or 6 LT's going in the 1st round and we didn't take one. They always have us taking a CB.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen mocks with 5 or 6 LT's going in the 1st round and we didn't take one. They always have us taking a CB.

I know we need a CB, but this is an offensive league. We are on the cusp of having a decent OL, the "D" will have to suffer one rnd. Our "O" has suffered for an enormous amount of time.

It's time we put an offense on the field.

Personally, I think we need two OTs.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
Jonah Williams might be available from the Bungles. He has asked for a trade.. just another name to consider...

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Jonah Williams might be available from the Bungles. He has asked for a trade.. just another name to consider...

That would be a GREAT acquisition, take away the pressure of drafting a LT high.

PLUS, it weakens a divisional foe………. I’d be all for this.

Salute the nation

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
He was frequently our best CB last year

If we’re 100% zone Peterson may be ok, but damn if we play man it’s gonna get ugly

I would’ve ponied up the few more million him over PP-likely another one and done player cuz he’s already ancient for a CB
What you're really saying is he was the fastest fat kid.