• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs Vikings Game Thread

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Still inconsistent on O but I will take it. The Vikings have one of the best D's in the NFL. Good start to the season.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The defense looks good. Giving up 1 td I can't ***** and we're getting to the qb. I hope Watt is ok. He's a play maker.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Solid win, but hard to gauge the team still. Still not overly impressed, but the D looked better and the offense got more people involved

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Browns gave the game away on turnovers. We beat the Mavens.

scraps

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We travel next week to take on the 0-2 Bears who have been playing awful on both sides of the ball. Virtually no running game....only 20 total yards today.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
We travel next week to take on the 0-2 Bears who have been playing awful on both sides of the ball. Virtually no running game....only 20 total yards today.

We should be 3-0, but who exactly have we beaten? We beat poor QB's, and we had sloppy play on offense.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
We should be 3-0, but who exactly have we beaten? We beat poor QB's, and we had sloppy play on offense.

It's the second game of the season, some of you guys act like there are 20 elite QB's in the league. If we had beat the Vikings WITH Bradford, the same thing would have been said "he's a poor QB". I'll take these ugly wins all day long, especially early in the year over laying eggs and looking out of sync in Nov and Dec.

Yes we've had some sloppy offensive play the first two games, but they've also made enough plays to get us two wins.

ark steel

Reaction score
OK, Debbie Downer. We are beating who we should be beating. The POs don't start next week.

It's the second game of the season, some of you guys act like there are 20 elite QB's in the league. If we had beat the Vikings WITH Bradford, the same thing would have been said "he's a poor QB". I'll take these ugly wins all day long, especially early in the year over laying eggs and looking out of sync in Nov and Dec.

Yes we've had some sloppy offensive play the first two games, but they've also made enough plays to get us two wins.

Some people have to put down the team, even with wins.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Some people have to put down the team, even with wins.

can't win every game 45-3. I'll take the wins in CLE and at home against MIN. You can only beat the teams in front of you. Want to be 0-2 and Bengal problems? I definitely don't!

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Offense needs to clean up the formation penalties and false starts. Holding sometimes is a necessary tactic to protect the QB, but pre-snap penalties are inexcusable.

Red zone ... have to improve, and I believe they will. The offense was very inconsistent last week, better this week. As others have mentioned, that is due in large part to the fact that the starters play very little in the pre-season. I believe that next Sunday, the offense will click. Bryant is rounding into form, very nice catch-and-run on the crossing pattern.

Also, Brown was open on crossing patterns as well - keep exploiting the middle of the field. Yes, exploit 1-on-1 coverage on Bryant with deep balls a couple of times per game, but keep in mind that the defensive line and LB'ers are focused on stopping Bell and give the offense a lot of room in the middle of the field.

Good job by the defense. Yes, Case Keenum, I get that, but the D stuffed a legit RB in Cook. Secondary had a couple of blips but decent coverage overall. Very disappointed that Watt injured. Pass pressure not the same without him. Need him back or ROLB as soon as possible.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Offense needs to clean up the formation penalties and false starts. Holding sometimes is a necessary tactic to protect the QB, but pre-snap penalties are inexcusable.

Red zone ... have to improve, and I believe they will. The offense was very inconsistent last week, better this week. As others have mentioned, that is due in large part to the fact that the starters play very little in the pre-season. I believe that next Sunday, the offense will click. Bryant is rounding into form, very nice catch-and-run on the crossing pattern.

Also, Brown was open on crossing patterns as well - keep exploiting the middle of the field. Yes, exploit 1-on-1 coverage on Bryant with deep balls a couple of times per game, but keep in mind that the defensive line and LB'ers are focused on stopping Bell and give the offense a lot of room in the middle of the field.

Good job by the defense. Yes, Case Keenum, I get that, but the D stuffed a legit RB in Cook. Secondary had a couple of blips but decent coverage overall. Very disappointed that Watt injured. Pass pressure not the same without him. Need him back or ROLB as soon as possible.

26 points against that D with two O players rusty and two significant D players out.

I would say that is a win on 6 days and Sunday.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Special teams was great today.
Matakevich picked up the fake punt
Boswell, although did miss one but luckily Minnesota called a timeout.

The receivers were decent too. Martavis is coming back to form. AB had a strong 4th qtr.
Defense was getting pressure, but are prone to give up some big plays. They'll get better imo.

Good win. Good win. Steelers are 2-0

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Can be a trap game.
Need to go in next week ready to conquer.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
A win is a win. I'm not complaining.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I really liked what the D showed, don't care if its keenum, Bradford or whoever, the pressure was there and also there was decent coverage most of the time.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
neighbor lady said she wasn't made that her team lost to the STEELERS. Because her team didn't get beat, they beat themselves....told her she should have watched the game....lol

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
neighbor lady said she wasn't made that her team lost to the STEELERS. Because her team didn't get beat, they beat themselves....told her she should have watched the game....lol

yeah but is she hot?