• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers w/ mason vs ben

Steelz

Reaction score

The hype is gonna fade soon. He plays exactly like Landry Jones. Always throws to his first read and stares down his receivers. He had McDonald coming open on the 2 point conversion but because he dont look off his first read the defender was able to make the int. Let's hope he can work on this during the season.

Spike

Reaction score
Can't get any worse

The 0-2 Steelers have converted just 26 percent of their third-down opportunities (6 of 23) to rank No. 26 in the NFL.

They rank No. 29 with 56.5 rushing yards per game and are next-to-last in rushing attempts.

This would have been a great time to try the innovative approach used by many teams to use two QB's with one a running threat out of the backfield to be less predictable, but alas, the Steelers front office screwed that up too by dumping Dobbs a few days too early. Bad karma surrounds this team.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
No mention of the 8 drops from game one, including one for a TD, another route missed by Moncrief which would've been six.
They mention Ben's pick, which came late in the game when he just threw it into the endzone trying to get a late score. No mention of Rudolphs pick, or the pick in the endzone on the two point conversion. Everyone bitched that Ben underthrew Holden on the pass in NE, yet Rudolph's flea flicker was great, eventhough he under threw JuJu, JuJu made the catch, Holden did not.

This is just a fluff piece by another Ben hater. Never understood why when someone tries to talk someone up, they do it by bashing someone else.

ark steel

Reaction score
No mention of the 8 drops from game one, including one for a TD, another route missed by Moncrief which would've been six.
They mention Ben's pick, which came late in the game when he just threw it into the endzone trying to get a late score. No mention of Rudolphs pick, or the pick in the endzone on the two point conversion. Everyone bitched that Ben underthrew Holden on the pass in NE, yet Rudolph's flea flicker was great, eventhough he under threw JuJu, JuJu made the catch, Holden did not.

This is just a fluff piece by another Ben hater. Never understood why when someone tries to talk someone up, they do it by bashing someone else.

When I looked at Rudolph's stats, it only showed 1 INT. Does the one on the 2pt conversion not count?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When I looked at Rudolph's stats, it only showed 1 INT. Does the one on the 2pt conversion not count?

Extra point plays do NOT count in terms of passing yardage, interceptions, fumbles, sacks, or yards rushing or receiving.

No rushing, passing, receiving, interception, fumble or sack statistics shall be credited during an extra-point attempt. However, penalty yardage, if assessed, is recorded as if during a scrimmage down.

http://www.nflgsis.com/gsis/documentation/stadiumguides/guide_for_statisticians.pdf

Page 36

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
The hype is gonna fade soon. He plays exactly like Landry Jones. Always throws to his first read and stares down his receivers. He had McDonald coming open on the 2 point conversion but because he dont look off his first read the defender was able to make the int. Let's hope he can work on this during the season.

C'mon, he plays exactly like Landry Jones? Yes, he tends to stare down his receivers and he needs to learn to look off the Safety, but he's just getting his feet wet. His poise, confidence & pocket presence are night & day compared to Laundry Jones.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
IMO he looked alot better than Landry, and maybe he'll be the next Brady without the cheating, we could hope, but fluff pieces like that are ridiculous.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Extra point plays do NOT count in terms of passing yardage, interceptions, fumbles, sacks, or yards rushing or receiving.

No rushing, passing, receiving, interception, fumble or sack statistics shall be credited during an extra-point attempt. However, penalty yardage, if assessed, is recorded as if during a scrimmage down.

http://www.nflgsis.com/gsis/documentation/stadiumguides/guide_for_statisticians.pdf

Page 36

You know Steeltime, I am amazed that you're a more zealous Baseball fan than Football fan, because your Football knowledge is pretty incredible.

*Tongue firmly placed in cheek*

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

steelhurt

Reaction score
IMO he looked alot better than Landry, and maybe he'll be the next Brady without the cheating, we could hope, but fluff pieces like that are ridiculous.

I get what you're saying here. Its as though Ben is insignificant now and everything he's done doesn't matter and make room for the new gunslinger in town. Most of us here certainly know better than that realizing what Ben has meant to this franchise for what 15 seasons, but Mason being the new guy, young with lots of potential now the spotlight is on him and if he shines of course he'll be the new media darling. What made it more intriguing was his success moving the team in the second half and if not for Mondrops flub of the sideline pass that led to the interception, most likely Mason gets his first win.

mdk2

Reaction score

The media has always hated Ben. They hate his style of play and he will always be the villain when possible. Hell, even some Steelers fans hate Ben for some weird reason. I don’t think he’ll ever get the credit that he deserves. I, for one am not counting him out in coming back to play at a high level next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It is my contention that Tom Brady isn't all that great a QB without Ernie Adams whispering in his ear every play.

Bullshit. Tommy boy was a great, great QB at Michigan and would have won the Heisman but for the fact he could not take the starting job away from the incredible Brian Griese.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Bullshit. Tommy boy was a great, great QB at Michigan and would have won the Heisman but for the fact he could not take the starting job away from the incredible Brian Griese.

and he only made the Patriots 53 in 2001 because Bishop got hurt in the preseason I think, then John Friesz or whatever his name is got hurt as well that promoted him #2.

oicu8ad

Reaction score

I saw that as well. That 2 points would have been a big difference maker.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Good ******* grief. The guy has played a few quarters of football for his entire career. The other has 15 years, 3 superbowl appearances, 2 wins and damn near all of the steeler passing records.

I'm on the Mason wagon,but the media just needs to ******* stuff it.

mdl

Banned
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing what Mason can do. Love Ben but it has been 15 years , ready for a breath of fresh air especially since Ben will be back next year. Best of both worlds/

Last edited:

Spike

Reaction score
We can win with Mason. Everyone else just needs to step up a bit

Namely JuJu

Steelers put all their eggs in the Mason Rudolph, JuJu basket for the foreseeable future

No pressure

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You know Steeltime, I am amazed that you're a more zealous Baseball fan than Football fan, because your Football knowledge is pretty incredible.

*Tongue firmly placed in cheek*

never, ever inflate the ego of an attorney who's legal representation skills are mocked by $12/hr public defenders.

My-Cousin-Vinny.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Can't get any worse

The 0-2 Steelers have converted just 26 percent of their third-down opportunities (6 of 23) to rank No. 26 in the NFL.

They rank No. 29 with 56.5 rushing yards per game and are next-to-last in rushing attempts.

When Maddox got hurt and Ben was thrown into the starting spot as a rookie and won 14 games in a row, we had Bettis at RB and a lights-out defense. Today we have neither of these things.