• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers WR Chase Claypool (toe) considered week-to-week

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver, Chase Claypool was injured in last Monday night’s game against the Chicago Bears. Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin reported earlier this week that Claypool would undergo an MRI on the apparent toe injury.

It was reported Wednesday by NFL Network‘s Ian Rapoport that Claypool is now considered “week-to-week” and the injury is not season-ending.

Some relatively good news for #Steelers WR Chase Claypool: His toe injury is not considered season-ending. There was some fear of that originally, but he’s now considered week-to-week, source said. May miss some time, but will be back.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 10, 2021

Which receiving option do yinz think will step up and have the biggest impact in Claypool’s absence? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
need to elavate miller now and add a fa

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. Miller has to be our No. 3 WR at this point. There is no excuse for them not to have him ready. He is definitely better than Ray Ray and Cody.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Typically when would word come out as to Miller's elevation ? I'd think within seconds that it's determined Chase isn't a go. FRIDAY ????

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is Tomlin will use the short week excuse and not elevate Miller but Ray Ray and Cody are not going to get us anywhere and they still haven't been using Washington. Ben can't just throw to Johnson, Muuuth and Najee all day.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is Tomlin will use the short week excuse and not elevate Miller but Ray Ray and Cody are not going to get us anywhere and they still haven't been using Washington. Ben can't just throw to Johnson, Muuuth and Najee all day.
So, the Lions finish this year's at 1-16?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Pump the brakes guys and start learning how call ups work:

You can call up a player twice without them having to clear waivers. Claypool is week to week. Miller isn't getting rostered unless Claypool is out for over 2 weeks.

3rd call up and you have to roster the player.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
The ray ray experiment should be over already, don't you think?
Pump the brakes guys and start learning how call ups work:

You can call up a player twice without them having to clear waivers. Claypool is week to week. Miller isn't getting rostered unless Claypool is out for over 2 weeks.

3rd call up and you have to roster the player.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The ray ray experiment should be over already, don't you think?

I do but I don't know much about Miller other than slash telling me he has a little speed, Miller not slash.......................

Salute the nation

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I kinda see Ebron kinda being used more as a WR vs a TE with Gentry and Rader being utilized as 2nd and 3rd TE. The Detroit game would be the perfect opportunity to at least try it

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I kinda see Ebron kinda being used more as a WR vs a TE with Gentry and Rader being utilized as 2nd and 3rd TE. The Detroit game would be the perfect opportunity to at least try it
anything to keep ebron the line where he might be asked to block