• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelerwatch Old School

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, we're about ready to roll... anyone know who The Madden Curse is here on the board? He's our only delinquent owner from last year, 11 of you have signed back up.

Not much housekeeping to do, we'll leave the settings & scoring untouched, unless anyone wants to make suggestions.

It also came up if we want to stick with the random draft order per yahoo right before the draft, or to pick names out of a hat now, and establish it ahead of time. Anyway, we can discuss on the fantasy site.

So, Madden Curse if you're out there, give us a sign of life, or if you're out we'll open it up that spot for someone else.

Thanks, Tibs

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I would volunteer if you need another

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Blitz, I've been holding out, but can't get a hold of The Madden Curse, hasn't responded to multiple emails et al.

So please pm me your email address and I'll send you the invite. Welcome aboard! Tibs

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
just signed up thank you.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Blitz!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
welcome to the League

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Week 1 is done, and Steeltime likes the way this season is shaking out.

Wide receivers suck ***? Check.
Running backs rock? Check.
Defense and QB do their job? Check.
Kicker does his job? Check.

Oh, and suck my dick, Yahoo predictions.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I beat someone's *** last week with the help of Decker, Charles and brady* (yeap, it makes me wanna puke to have him on my team)

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
NFL fantasy is a complete effing crapshoot due to injuries. Baseball has some pitcher injuries, okay, sure, but you win with hitting anyway so who gives a poop.

Meanwhile, NFL fantasy has a zillion injuries. The best team is basically the one with the fewest injuries.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
NFL fantasy is a complete effing crapshoot due to injuries. Baseball has some pitcher injuries, okay, sure, but you win with hitting anyway so who gives a poop.

Meanwhile, NFL fantasy has a zillion injuries. The best team is basically the one with the fewest injuries.

well yes but still you can move in the waiver wire and stay competitive, waiting for other teams to later suffer injuries too and then you have the advantage

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright guys, we have 11 teams locked in, need one more. This is an open invite to anyone who want to play in a pretty damn competitive league that's been going strong 10+ years. Post here if interested.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Alright guys, we have 11 teams locked in, need one more. This is an open invite to anyone who want to play in a pretty damn competitive league that's been going strong 10+ years. Post here if interested.

I may have screwed up. I logged in and followed the link that said, "You've been invited to join the league" and when it logged me in it looks like I have two teams. I'm guessing you created one for me since I was late logging in. My bad. What should I do? You can go ahead and delete one of them if you are able to.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I may have screwed up. I logged in and followed the link that said, "You've been invited to join the league" and when it logged me in it looks like I have two teams. I'm guessing you created one for me since I was late logging in. My bad. What should I do? You can go ahead and delete one of them if you are able to.

Supersteeler, thanks for the heads up, taken care of, you're back to owning your original squad. So we still have one spot open, with about a month to fill it.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Supersteeler, thanks for the heads up, taken care of, you're back to owning your original squad. So we still have one spot open, with about a month to fill it.

Thank you good sir!

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
not to scare anyone off.. but this is my year.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
not to scare anyone off.. but this is my year.
Dream big, young man. Just be prepared those big dreams may get squashed like a bug on a windshield. :) :)

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm already signed in right?

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a reminder we have one final spot open in our 12-team league. We've kept this league running for 10+ years, with veteran, highly competitive managers.

It's a standard/PPR hybrid league, with 0,5 PPR. Other than that, it's simple and straightforward, hence the Old School name. Feel free to take a look at league settings, scoring et al here > http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/9182/settings

Live draft is Tues Sep 6 7:30pm EST

If you're interested, and have enough hair on your chest to join a real man's league, shoot me a pm or post here in this thread. Ladies welcome too! ;)

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright Old Schoolers, the league is set, we have the required 12 teams.

See everyone at the draft TUES SEP 6 7:30 pm EST.