• Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steven Nelson Wanted An Extension in Pittsburgh

Drink IRON City

Contributor whining about a tag
He wasn't bad, he wasn't great, he falls into that Just A Guy category meaning easily replaceable.

That's pretty good company Ron as Willy Gay had five consecutive interceptions returned for touch downs. Easily replaced yes but dang that was nice watching those touch down returns.

Salute the nation

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Confluence

I am still really not sure what happened to Nelson this off-season, as he went from quiet contributor to malcontent to released to still unemployed.

Given the Draft and Justin Layne, I think the Steelers and Nelson are both probably well served with a 1 year deal and a group hug. Steelers get back the starting capability if they want to use him that way, Nelson finds a comfy spot, paycheck and begin his quest for a new deal when many eyes will be watching his contribution.

Drink IRON City

Contributor whining about a tag
I am still really not sure what happened to Nelson this off-season, as he went from quiet contributor to malcontent to released to still unemployed.

Given the Draft and Justin Layne, I think the Steelers and Nelson are both probably well served with a 1 year deal and a group hug. Steelers get back the starting capability if they want to use him that way, Nelson finds a comfy spot, paycheck and begin his quest for a new deal when many eyes will be watching his contribution.

STEELERS wanted to re-work his contract with $$$cash$$$ cash up front lowering the cap hit. Nelson decided he wanted a raise durring this restructure and the STEELERS said NO. Nelson cried and next thing you know........ he was shown the door.

NOW Nelson is outside looking in and unemployed either due to his self thought value or unsaid no one will hire him. This time alone may let him reflect and decide maybe his little home in PITTSBURGH wasn't so bad. Both sides need to get talking and comunicating to see if there can be a change in outcome.

Maybe my O'l grandpappy was right by saying "a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing".

Salute the nation

ADVERTISEMENT

Hines57

Deliver the Macallan

Lots of cap issues around the league. Teams had to cut players they didn't want to and Nelson falls in that category. Given a normal cap year, this guy gets extended as he earned it. Not sure if they can go back and re-sign him but they did that with Vince Williams so who knows. It would be nice to have him out there opposite Haden for another year.

SteelerSask

I'm not going to shit on his play cause I thought he was great first year, good second. BUT tough situation vs. the cap equals tough decisions. They felt the could go with a younger cheaper player in Sutton. We will see how it goes.

ADVERTISEMENT