• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Street Outlaws

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Went to the Street Outlaws/No Prep Kings drag race in Norwalk, OH today. West of Cleveland. Removed Steelers swag from my truck beforehand.
I don't know how many of you watch the show on the Motor Trend channel but I like it. This is the closest they'll be to the 'Burgh.
In real life it actually goes much faster than on TV because they don't prep the track between races unless there's an accident. When two cars are going thru the traps, the next two are lined up doing their burnouts. Got up close to Daddy Dave, Chuck Seitzinger (my favorite drivers), Murder Nova, and Farmtruck. Did not get to see Lizzy Musi. :faint2:
They invite some local drivers too. One of them blew his engine in their last round and caught on fire, he was okay but they were almost two hours clearing the track so I decided to leave and missed the last round of the TV show guys. Huge crowd, the grandstand was nearly full. Pics and videos on my FB page.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Went to the Street Outlaws/No Prep Kings drag race in Norwalk, OH today. West of Cleveland. Removed Steelers swag from my truck beforehand.
I don't know how many of you watch the show on the Motor Trend channel but I like it. This is the closest they'll be to the 'Burgh.
In real life it actually goes much faster than on TV because they don't prep the track between races unless there's an accident. When two cars are going thru the traps, the next two are lined up doing their burnouts. Got up close to Daddy Dave, Chuck Seitzinger (my favorite drivers), Murder Nova, and Farmtruck. Did not get to see Lizzy Musi. :faint2:
They invite some local drivers too. One of them blew his engine in their last round and caught on fire, he was okay but they were almost two hours clearing the track so I decided to leave and missed the last round of the TV show guys. Huge crowd, the grandstand was nearly full. Pics and videos on my FB page.
I lived in Norwalk, Ohio for 20 years Ron..

Nice small midwestern town and was a great place to raise 3 daughters...I always knew when the drag strip was in action...could hear the engines even though I lived about 3 miles away...

Great memories from our days there..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I lived in Norwalk, Ohio for 20 years Ron..

Nice small midwestern town and was a great place to raise 3 daughters...I always knew when the drag strip was in action...could hear the engines even though I lived about 3 miles away...

Great memories from our days there..
Seems like a nice area although I'm thinking the winters would be pretty bad.
Track is nice but smaller than Bristol and definitely less bathrooms, i.e. long lines for the rows of portajohns. On TV when Street Outlaws goes to tracks it looks like usually 300 or so spectators but I'd say Norwalk was probably 90% full.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Watching Street Outlaws on TV tonight.
Lizzy Musi is wearing yoga pants.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Ron---

you talk about Musi and hot pants and show us Fred in suspenders!

Are you alright man?!?
No, I’m saying I looked like Fred when I saw Lizzy in yoga pants. It stopped my heart.

str8liner

Reaction score
Its been pretty amazing watching the Street Outlaws gang go from barley having money to put a car together to all the fame and fortune. I think back years ago I did all that with my friends but we didn't have the luxury of reality shows and the internet to make us famous lol.

I have drag raced for years and have always wanted to go to Norwalk but its just a bit too far to travel.

The Halloween race they have is epic.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Its been pretty amazing watching the Street Outlaws gang go from barley having money to put a car together to all the fame and fortune. I think back years ago I did all that with my friends but we didn't have the luxury of reality shows and the internet to make us famous lol.

I have drag raced for years and have always wanted to go to Norwalk but its just a bit too far to travel.

The Halloween race they have is epic.
Yeah, that’s the closest they come to me. About 2.5 hours. They race at Maple Grove in eastern PA but that’s like 4-5 hours away.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I am closer to Grove. Race there sometimes.
The wife and I have been to NHRA races in Bristol a couple times and once to the 4-Wides in Charlotte.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Reported last week that Lizzie Musi has Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. Incredibly sad news.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
I like watching older Overhaulin episodes, Bitchin Rides, Car Fix.

Street Outlaws....not so much. Too much drama. Farm Truck is about the only thing that looks like it's streetable. I think Farm guy and AZN are a thing. Take it to the track. JMO.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Wrong PIC, need her’s………… otherwise Fred may actually end up with Liz’ebeth

Salute the nation