• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

T.J. Watt Focused on Football, Not Finances

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers star defensive player, T.J. Watt is coming up in the final year of his contract and is in position to receive a multi-year deal worth hundreds of millions. Fortunately for the Steelers though, Watt has no plans on holding out to try and reach a long-term deal.

“I love Pittsburgh,” Watt said. “I would love to be here. All those decisions aren’t mine to be made. I am just here right now and doing my best each and every day.”

In previous articles, I have pointed out that once the regular season begins, the Steelers organization does not negotiate contracts with players. In Watt’s own words, his focus for this next season is winning the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for his team, they have the 17th highest odds of winning at +3500, according to SportsLine. I guess in this case, the odds are not in his favor.

With that being said, the team has had high praise of Watt in recent years. One such person is Steelers defensive coordinator, Keith Butler.

“He’s a good player,” Butler said. “He just doesn’t talk about it, he does it on the field. So, if he’s capable of doing it on the field, he’ll get a lot more respect from his teammates. He’s a quiet guy, but he’s a confident guy in terms of what he’s doing.”

As one of the leaders of the Steelers, it is Watt’s responsibility to lead the team on the defensive side of the ball especially along with the team as a whole. Hopefully for his sake, he is able to do it Pittsburgh for the rest of his career after signing a long-term deal after this season is concluded. It probably is in the best interest of the Steelers to pay Watt basically anything he asks for as well.

Do you think it is possible for the Steelers and Watt’s representation to come to an agreement after the season? Will this upcoming season’s performance have an impact on this contract negotiation? What number of years and amount of money do you think he will sign for? Comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking they will come to terms before the regular season. Regardless this cat is going nowhere.😸