• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Talking heads.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Remember back when you could tune in to some sports channel and they would eventually talk about the game?

I ain't lying, it's like they are going out of their way to NOT talk about the Sunday night football game.

I know, I know,. You don't listen or whatever,,. But heck there is not one thing on the Steelers between espn1,2 fox and ppft or whatever it's called.
I still can't figure out how skip and Shannon are even on the air, they're so bad .
But yeah, not one damn thing about Steelers, ,,, zip zero,, nada

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Why would sports channels be talking about the Steelers? They're a mediocre 3-3 team that needed overtime to beat an opponent with the worst defense in the NFL and a journeyman quarterback who hadn't started a game in over 1400 days.

Try NFL Primetime on ESPN+. They do highlights from every game and Berman is old but still (at least somewhat) entertaining.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Sucks to suck, not too much talk about any of the non contenders unless they are doing really bad. Since they are not talking about us we are obviously exceeding expectations from the bucket of suck they projected by being dangerously average instead. Trust me, as soon as we open up the next can of suck losing streak all the idiot talking heads will try to throw as much dirt as they can on the Stillers grave.

How do you know your team has fallen off? When your Browns fan neighbor finally invites you over to watch the next game we play against them. Not one invitation for years of us kicking that *** up and down the street...now all the sudden Jr. thinks we should start watching the “rivalry game” together...obviously a bad sign...**** I heard us called a “layup” recently!!!

Let’s go STEELERS!!! we seem to do our best when everyone counts us out

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather nobody talk about the Steelers, quite honestly. Every damn time they start getting hype and Tomlin starts reading the press clippings and beats his chest like a Neanderthal, they tank it seems. Let them fly under the radar. And like topseed mentioned, they beat a team with a 2nd string QB, 3rd string RB & worst defense in the league.

What are they going to talk about anyways? How the refs are absolute garbage? I'm sure that's at the top of the memo they got.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Remember back when you could tune in to some sports channel and they would eventually talk about the game?

I ain't lying, it's like they are going out of their way to NOT talk about the Sunday night football game.

I know, I know,. You don't listen or whatever,,. But heck there is not one thing on the Steelers between espn1,2 fox and ppft or whatever it's called.
I still can't figure out how skip and Shannon are even on the air, they're so bad .
I watched bayless and sharpe's show once and even though they weren't discussing the steelers, I just smh wondering who could watch this program more than once. Maybe some cowboy fans because of Skip but man are they terrible.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
They're not exactly tearing up the league in any category, other than maybe TJ. I'm surprised they have been televised nationally as much as they have so far, or at least the game shown in my area. I don't care what the self proclaimed experts think and usually only turn the game on at kickoff with the audio muted, or pick up a DVE feed.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not crying foul,. I'm not pissed. I just expect to see some coverage. 30 sec - 1 min montage. I was looking for coverage about the fumble and the last 30 sec. Of regulation. The ignored that and the rest of the game too, like it didn't happen.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, "Well... how did I get here?"

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Don't get me started......

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

Biggest team in nfl history, just look at the HOF to get an idea and yet they still get the small town treatment.

Najee Harris isn't even in the top 15 rookies list

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Letting the Steelers go by, let the pundits hold 'em down
Letting Cool Shades go by, only to show up in an NFL stadium

Couldn't help myself. And thanks 🌑 man, Talking Heads stuck in my head now (that was great though).

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Sucks to suck, not too much talk about any of the non contenders unless they are doing really bad. Since they are not talking about us we are obviously exceeding expectations from the bucket of suck they projected by being dangerously average instead. Trust me, as soon as we open up the next can of suck losing streak all the idiot talking heads will try to throw as much dirt as they can on the Stillers grave.

How do you know your team has fallen off? When your Browns fan neighbor finally invites you over to watch the next game we play against them. Not one invitation for years of us kicking that *** up and down the street...now all the sudden Jr. thinks we should start watching the “rivalry game” together...obviously a bad sign...**** I heard us called a “layup” recently!!!

Let’s go STEELERS!!! we seem to do our best when everyone counts us out
eat all their bacon and drink his best whisky, oh yeah and take a dump in their toilet and dont flush, just to remind him of his team when he goes to the bathroom

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
This team has some great players but is not glamorous. The coaching is bi-polar at best ... from trash to great to trash faster than I can grab a beer. Weaknesses in important areas but a lot of young guys that could, at least in theory, fix it before its all over. Steelers aren't going to be darlings. Schedule is too difficult to put together the win streak that would cause that. BUT, it doesn't mean there is no life here. Touch schedule. Iron sharpens iron, if you will. If the coaches improve, the youth improves and we squeak out a wild card then this is a team capable of a run if the D goes balls to the wall and the O and coaching doesn't **** the bed.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
**** em all, DIC takeover..

See lower part of post

I think you meant WATT

Was a que for DIC tFUCKo bring his poker.

The reason for no talking head coverage is that everyone knows the Refs / League ****** up on the end game calls. Total **** job and everyone except the sheep know this.

I want it also known that I have sold over 1.267 million pokers that require heat & 3.78 million insta-heat self contained tip pokers.

All this boiles down to

**** the NFL / Refs / talking heads / all network head shows / expert analysist and anyone else including dumb ******* fans who are sheltered weather in basements or mentally...........

with a
RED
HOT
POKER
self ignitor inta-heat tip/

(side note: I rent out red hot pokers of various size / models / and rental applies towards purchase)

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
eat all their bacon and drink his best whisky, oh yeah and take a dump in their toilet and dont flush, just to remind him of his team when he goes to the bathroom

That was my first thought as well, but also actually stay and watch the STEELER victory then say goodbye with CLASS. As you are walking down his sidewalk, do the victory jig and make noise so as they come look out the window to see.............................

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
See lower part of post

I think you meant WATT

The reason for no talking head coverage is that everyone knows the Refs / League ****** up on the end game calls. Total **** job and everyone except the sheep know this.

I want it also known that I have sold over 1.267 million pokers that require heat & 3.78 million insta-heat self contained tip pokers.

All this boiles down to

**** the NFL / Refs / talking heads / all network head shows / expert analysist and anyone else including dumb ******* fans who are sheltered weather in basements or mentally...........

with a
RED
HOT
POKER
self ignitor inta-heat tip/

(side note: I rent out red hot pokers of various size / models / and rental applies towards purchase)

Salute the nation
Can I buy one of those pokers? Any more for sale?
I’d also like to buy 2lbs of bacon, some handcuffs, leather pants and some peyote.

For a friend. Not me