• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Texan fan from California visits Pittsburgh..must watch!

Muddler

Reaction score
It was great to start but TOOO much analysis for me. Nice post though.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The best part was the beginning when he described his experience at Heinz Field..the electricity, "Renegade" blaring!

******* Coolie beat me to it.

Hell yea Stewey, this is great post of your's and VERY kewl stuff. I loved the video except the black & YELLOW reference. Other than that,.... AWESOME !!!!!!!

I realize the author isn't a STEELERS fan now but if he ever wants to be he needs to step up on his game on the team color's. That GUCKING black and yellow song isn't even about the STEELERS and the artist is just trying to capitalize off our BELOVED STEELERS.

Salute the nation

Stewey

Reaction score
******* Coolie beat me to it.

Hell yea Stewey, this is great post of your's and VERY kewl stuff. I loved the video except the black & YELLOW reference. Other than that,.... AWESOME !!!!!!!

I realize the author isn't a STEELERS fan now but if he ever wants to be he needs to step up on his game on the team color's. That GUCKING black and yellow song isn't even about the STEELERS and the artist is just trying to capitalize off our BELOVED STEELERS.

Salute the nation

Is that song really how the "black and yellow" **** got started? Must be because they don't say Green and Yellow in Green Bay, nor Purple and Yellow for the Lakers. It's "gold" for those teams as well.

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice find and excellent study on the various defensive concepts that occur/adjusts the flow of the game.

Definitely over Coach’s head. Would be surprised if he stated a disagreement in the assessment.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I loved how he laid it all out for us. His explanations were good also. It makes a lot of sense as to how the defense improved SO much after his arrival.

Yep, excellent video Stewey, thanks for sharing.

Vader

Reaction score
Sword cuts both ways. It was a great video. You have to look at the other side of it as well. The one play where Fitz jumps Kupp (Or whatever his name is for the Rams) when he runs the mesh route. If you look to the right the WRs easily beats Haden because he thinks he has inside help and he doesn't. He scrambles to jump inside and then the WR goes outside and is wide open. The QB never makes his reads. He watches Kupp the entire time. If he comes off of him that's an easy TD. Sometimes the QB is to blame for not going to his 2nd or even 3rd WR. Geoff is no Ben. That's what makes Ben so dangerous. He can move the safety with his eyes and his pump fakes. If Fritz had done that to Ben that is a TD.

Another thing the guy does mention is that Friz can do this because he knows the defense is going to get to the QB. Watt is huge part of what Friz is doing. He should be the DPOY.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Sword cuts both ways. It was a great video. You have to look at the other side of it as well. The one play where Fitz jumps Kupp (Or whatever his name is for the Rams) when he runs the mesh route. If you look to the right the WRs easily beats Haden because he thinks he has inside help and he doesn't. He scrambles to jump inside and then the WR goes outside and is wide open. The QB never makes his reads. He watches Kupp the entire time. If he comes off of him that's an easy TD. Sometimes the QB is to blame for not going to his 2nd or even 3rd WR. Geoff is no Ben. That's what makes Ben so dangerous. He can move the safety with his eyes and his pump fakes. If Fritz had done that to Ben that is a TD.

Another thing the guy does mention is that Friz can do this because he knows the defense is going to get to the QB. Watt is huge part of what Friz is doing. He should be the DPOY.

"Fritz"?

Last edited:

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score

He said several times that he knows and trusts that the line is giving the QB hell.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So up until now it’s been hard for us to develop secondary players... people want to blame drafting, but honestly when you throw that many picks at the secondary as we have and get the results we do, then have free agents and trades walk in and have success, it’s probably more likely the old position coaches not knowing what to teach more so than them not knowing what physical traits they need....

Side note here, I think Bradley has done wonders in his time here, but it’s a hole you have to dig out of.....

MF was a grand slam... the guy was predeveloped and had been asked to learn several positions. His athleticism is elite and best yet he plays the ball rather than the huge hit...

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
So up until now it’s been hard for us to develop secondary players... people want to blame drafting, but honestly when you throw that many picks at the secondary as we have and get the results we do, then have free agents and trades walk in and have success, it’s probably more likely the old position coaches not knowing what to teach more so than them not knowing what physical traits they need....

Side note here, I think Bradley has done wonders in his time here, but it’s a hole you have to dig out of.....

MF was a grand slam... the guy was predeveloped and had been asked to learn several positions. His athleticism is elite and best yet he plays the ball rather than the huge hit...

This is a myopic assessment of Minkah's development. The reason why the Dolphins traded Minkah, is because they wanted him to be a box safety. A Patrick Chung if you will. They didn't want him to free lance or change assignments. He got pissed, because it didn't lend to his ability to read and jump plays. Instead the Dolphins did the opposite of what the Steelers did with their safeties. The Dolphins took an incredibly talented and smart sideline to sideline safety, and handcuffed him. The steelers took less talented safeties and tried to make them playmakers.

Minkah is jumping off the page due to Pittsburgh coaching and scheme, because he wasn't developed in Miami. He was shackled.