• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Texas Prep Player Body Slams Ref After Ejection

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
stupid act for sure. dumb teenager emotional reaction. We all did some dumb **** as teenagers. He will be tossed from the team and likely lose his wrestling season (he is a star wrestler as well). If the ref peruses, he will face some assault charges that will likey result in apology, anger management class, and community service. Football is a second religion in Texas, they will work something out.

Will he play college ball? If he is any good, someone will pick him up.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Hope the ref files charges against his punk ***.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Give the kid a break. He is a kid. He made a mistake.

.......And authority, a badge, a uniform, a title, or a whistle sometimes leads to adults abusing their power.

Like that ****** Tim Wilson. Like the school district association that ended this High School Football teams teams season (that will show them, punish the innocent), like that referee Scott Green who rigged every big game he was in. Like that gymnast coach who abused the little girls he coached, like Jerry Sandusky......

We cheer a High School Football player going to jail, while Chuck Noll testifies about the criminal element in the NFL, and 45 years later Burfict puts Antonio Brown in the Hospital, while Tim Wilson cracks his competition in the skull with a hockey stick, and some people cheer their side and NOTHING of any consequence is ever done about it by the adults in charge. Nobody goes to jail.

But a HS Football player- Good put him in jail, ruin his career, ruin his life.

The youth in sports today are emulating the adults that they watch and for whom they cheer.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The next thing you know, local voter fraud will be allowed to prosper, and then election fraud will happen on a national level and people will still, cheer on their team.

Our indelible, Inalienable rights will be lost.

Last edited:

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

.......And authority, a badge, a uniform, a title, or a whistle sometimes leads to adults abusing their power.

Just in case you're like me and can't pick words out of lyrics............

They like to get you in a compromising position
They like to get you there and smile in your face
They think, they're so cute when they got you in that condition
Well I think it's a total disgrace, and I say
I fight authority, authority always wins
Well, I fight authority, authority always wins
Well, I been doing it, since I was a young kid
I've come out grinnin'
I call up my preacher
I say, "Gimme strength for Round 5"
He said "You don't need no strength, you need to grow up, son"
I said "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying
And dying to me don't sound like all that much fun", and so I'll say
I fight authority, authority always wins
Well, I been

there-is-no-authority-only-beliefinauthority-15391371.png

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Last year he was DPOY, this year he needed a little something extra to live up to the reputation. If you look at his eyes, he is high or steroided out. He will more than likely face assault charges (the state reffered association will push).

Yes a dumb action but he has to be held accountable, if not, then this would be the start of the next Antonio Brown.

In a thread about this I saw on FB someone said he had a reputation for personal foul penalties (Burfict Jr.) and the team was penalized because he should have been removed from the field and wasn't.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The next thing you know, local voter fraud will be allowed to prosper, and then election fraud will happen on a national level and people will still, cheer on their team.

Indelible Rights will be lost.

You're a little late, but the party is still happening................

Salute the nation

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
There was this one NFL player who got a second chance after he was involved in some murders after some party a long time ago.

He played on the defensive side; I cannot recall his name or team, but I think all but a few forgave him.

He became a team and community leader, and the NFL gods liked him so much, they awarded him credit for several extra tackles per game.

I think he even make some extra shekels with a couple teevee commercials.

Imagine what would have happened if he had been held responsible for his actions.......

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are having trouble with. This is assault, cut and dry. The ref was injured (shoulder and concussion). This is why we have laws. The kid made a mistake, but he has to be responsible for his actions, and hopefully this moment will make him a more responsible adult.

This is something he probably will not serve time for. First offense, he will face a fine and probably a ton of community service/ probation.

The problem in the article clearly states, this is not the first time a ref has been assaulted in the state of TX. This is why his winning team was removed from the playoffs. TX has to show that assaulting refs can not happen, ever, or your school is gone. It will also hold the coaches a bit more accountable of their players.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are having trouble with. This is assault, cut and dry. The ref was injured (shoulder and concussion). This is why we have laws. The kid made a mistake, but he has to be responsible for his actions, and hopefully this moment will make him a more responsible adult.

This is something he probably will not serve time for. First offense, he will face a fine and probably a ton of community service/ probation.

The problem in the article clearly states, this is not the first time a ref has been assaulted in the state of TX. This is why his winning team was removed from the playoffs. TX has to show that assaulting refs can not happen, ever, or your school is gone. It will also hold the coaches a bit more accountable of their players.

That is the problem, and we start with a high school student or students, rather than the professional athletes who engage in atrocious behavior. What will it take for Tim Wilson to go to jail for assault?

Adults set the example, Adults are failing. Half of them cheer instead.

Or erect statues outside their stadiums.

Last edited:

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
He is NOT a kid. He is 18 and he should be charged as an adult, which he was.

They should do a full blood test on him as well.

And the rest of the team has to suffer because of this adults actions.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He is NOT a kid. He is 18 and he should be charged as an adult, which he was.

They should do a full blood test on him as well.

And the rest of the team has to suffer because of this adults actions.

He is a high school student that is not even old enough to drink.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He can go kill commies for mommie.........as long as it is in a different country and for our team.

Stewey

Reaction score

Like that ****** Tim Wilson. Like the school district association that ended this High School Football teams teams season (that will show them, punish the innocent), like that referee Scott Green who rigged every big game he was in. Like that gymnast coach who abused the little girls he coached, like Jerry Sandusky......

We cheer a High School Football player going to jail, while Chuck Noll testifies about the criminal element in the NFL, and 45 years later Burfict puts Antonio Brown in the Hospital, while Tim Wilson cracks his competition in the skull with a hockey stick, and some people cheer their side and NOTHING of any consequence is ever done about it by the adults in charge. Nobody goes to jail.

But a HS Football player- Good put him in jail, ruin his career, ruin his life.

The youth in sports today are emulating the adults that they watch and for whom they cheer.

Lol.."he made a mistake". A mistake is when you misspell a word, not when you willingly and knowingly commit a crime.

"I made a mistake"... those oh so familiar words by one committing a crime in order to draw sympathy from others.... after they get caught.. Awww he said "he made a mistake" poor guy, cut him some slack for being caught with a trunkload of drugs while trying to outrun the cops.

Did Jerry Sandusky "make a mistake" too?

Your argument is apples and oranges,. What your describing are "over the top" incidents that occur while playing the game...against opponents not a dam referee.

This ******* was on the sidelines.
What he did would have been no different than if he would brought a baseball bat or a gun onto the field. NONE!
Then would you have said "he made a mistake"?

What if it was the ******** father that ran on the field and cold cocked that ref? A mistake?
He would have suffered the same consequences as his kid. No difference.

Jerry Sandusky went to jail, so should this punk for battery.
Neither crimes were mistakes.

Last edited:

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Old enough to drive. Old enough to vote. Old enough to go to war and die for his country. He's an adult and is being treated like one. Get his *** straight now BEFORE he becomes another Birth Defect or Tim Wilson.

Reactions: GMC

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I do not think anyone is suggesting that he not face consequences, but rather that those further up the food chain, like pro athletes, are not held to the same standard as this 18yr old citizen who committed an assault while wearing a HS uniform.

If the judgment is to charge him because of his transgressions, what of the large group of adults not charged for similar assaults?

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score

^This^. The kid absolutely made a terrible decision and should be held accountable. He consciously attacked an injured another person . No question he deserves punishment. It does not, however, have to ruin the rest of his life. He may be an adult under the law, but physiology shows that the human brain is not fully completely developed until as late as early 20's. Guess what is one of the last brain functions to mature. Cause and effect associations. Teenagers make a lot of dumb decisions in no small part due to this. He should be punished and then given the opportunity to rehabilitate and atone for his actions.

I don't know the specifics of any other events, but if this is an ongoing issue then, yes, the Texas HS Sports Associations should drop the hammer on schools who have **** like this happen. This should include significant penalties for the HC if not outright removal. However, I suspect in a lot of places the people making the decisions are also both significant supporters and beneficiaries of Friday Night Lights.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
He’s 18....treat him as an adult

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
I do not think anyone is suggesting that he not face consequences, but rather that those further up the food chain, like pro athletes, are not held to the same standard as this 18yr old citizen who committed an assault while wearing a HS uniform.

If the judgment is to charge him because of his transgressions, what of the large group of adults not charged for similar assaults?

What are you talking about? Who is this large group of adults that are assaulting officials without any repercussions?

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Who is this large group of adults that are assaulting officials without any repercussions?

Antifa.....