• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Texas Prep Player Body Slams Ref After Ejection

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Antifa.....

yeah they are not real active in Texas

the kid ****** up. From reports he has a history of similar incidents. Hopefully he gets his **** together and learns to control himself.

Some seem to want to blame the ref and the reports are the player exchanged words with the ref after the roughing the passer call. I don't know but that was likely the reason for the second unsportsmanlike penalty that got him ejected.

Yes some refs can be on power trips, but even if that is the case here, it does not give this kid an excuse to run on the field and attack him.

If the kid is talented enough, he is going to get a shot in college. He may not get a D1 offer right away, but he will likely end up there if he keeps his **** straight.

Chicoman

Reaction score
Les we forget Joe Mixon slugged a women with his fists while he was in college and the guy still got drafted. This kid is a Friggin Moron for what he did and he deserves whatever punishment is coming his way. He just made his football future that much harder for himself and it's going to be an uphill climb for him to clean up his image after that debacle. I would love to know what his parents thought of his actions. Totally ridiculous.....good thing I wasn't the coach. To punish the entire team for the actions of one ******* is completely ridiculous.....It's not like the rest of the team backed him up on his actions.

Last edited:

fogdoctor

Reaction score
I'm going to guess this is not the first incidence of this type for him. I have played with some really ****** humans but never once did they attack an old ref.

Should his life be over for this incident? Nah. 6 months in jail for simple assault should give him some clarity. After that, he can see if he can turn it around. He committed a crime so he has to do time and then he can move on.

He does not get to skip doing time because he is an athlete - probably why he is not stable right now. If the boundaries were always bent for him then he never learned the lessons he should have.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to guess this is not the first incidence of this type for him. I have played with some really ****** humans but never once did they attack an old ref.

Should his life be over for this incident? Nah. 6 months in jail for simple assault should give him some clarity. After that, he can see if he can turn it around. He committed a crime so he has to do time and then he can move on.

He does not get to skip doing time because he is an athlete - probably why he is not stable right now. If the boundaries were always bent for him then he never learned the lessons he should have.
You mean an athlete like Ray Lewis? Or Vontaze Burfdefect?
Yes it was an ugly video.
Handjob Bob got treated differently. Why?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I seriously doubt this kid gets jail time for this offense

fogdoctor

Reaction score
You mean an athlete like Ray Lewis? Or Vontaze Burfdefect?
Yes it was an ugly video.
Handjob Bob got treated differently. Why?

Captain McStabby Stab Ray Lewis should still be in jail.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
And his issues will continue. Getting off easy over and over again is why he does what he does.

so you know the kid personally? you know his history and how he will react if he is convicted but given a lenient sentence.

just being charged and spending time in jail awaiting his bond could help him see the light. or maybe it won't....but you don't know

fogdoctor

Reaction score
so you know the kid personally? you know his history and how he will react if he is convicted but given a lenient sentence.

just being charged and spending time in jail awaiting his bond could help him see the light. or maybe it won't....but you don't know

No, I do not know him in any way but I am going to Google information about him right now and see if he has had a similar incident that basically went unpunished. I'm going to guess that he did and I'll post in a couple of minutes if I am wrong.

UPDATE: Apparently he had a similar incident in soccer but was suspended for the season. While I was wrong about no punishment, it was clearly not enough to teach him a lesson. I don't know if 6 months in jail will help him or not but I know another slap on the wrist will not help him.

Last edited:

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
No, I do not know him in any way but I am going to Google information about him right now and see if he has had a similar incident that basically went unpunished. I'm going to guess that he did and I'll post in a couple of minutes if I am wrong.

UPDATE: Apparently he had a similar incident in soccer but was suspended for the season. While I was wrong about no punishment, it was clearly not enough to teach him a lesson. I don't know if 6 months in jail will help him or not but I know another slap on the wrist will not help him.
What about a national shaming?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

The kid don't care as he probably looks at it as a heroic sort of thing. Badge of honor so to speak.

As for Media, if he is good he will get opportunity (think AB here)

As for the common man / woman / non-gender specific,................... They think WHO?

Salute the nation

fogdoctor

Reaction score

He has apparently been shamed locally and regionally so national shaming was just the next step. It will make no difference.

There will be some bullshit apology to avoid consequence and nothing will change.

fogdoctor

Reaction score
Also, why do people keep calling him a kid? He may act like like a child but that is not an excuse or a reason to get out of an assault charge.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
He has apparently been shamed locally and regionally so national shaming was just the next step. It will make no difference.

There will be some bullshit apology to avoid consequence and nothing will change.

his team lost their place in the playoffs because of his actions.

he has spent time in a jail cell and faced a judge. He still has to deal with the legal issues and while I doubt he goes to jail over this, he will have some punishment and not just a apology.

and he is a kid. yes legally he is an adult, but how many ******* "adults" in high school are really adults.

fogdoctor

Reaction score
his team lost their place in the playoffs because of his actions.

he has spent time in a jail cell and faced a judge. He still has to deal with the legal issues and while I doubt he goes to jail over this, he will have some punishment and not just a apology.

and he is a kid. yes legally he is an adult, but how many ******* "adults" in high school are really adults.

True. I certainly did my share of stupid stuff in high school but I think what bothers be is that he literally trucked an old man because he did not like a call. When you square up and fight another player, it is still wrong but it a different kind of wrong to jackup a ref and even worse when guy was older. I mean, change the angle just a little and that dudes melon would have hit the turf. Luckily nothing serious seems to have happened but it was seriously ****** up.

Oh yea, unless they were covering up stuff he was doing, the team should not have been punished IMO. I think that was complete bullshit. This should be 100% on his dumb ***.

If there was larger issue involving coaches that was uncovered then the entire coaching staff needs to be fired immediately and never allowed to work with high school sports ever again in any state.