• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thank you Ben

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben just said n his presser he wants to come back if the Steelers will have him.

Of course he would. For tens of millions of reasons.

johngaenzler

Reaction score
Ben just said n his presser he wants to come back if the Steelers will have him.

He said if he decides that he wants to come back... I hope he does. One more year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

That's fine. Reduce the hit to 20 million dollars and he can play. But that's the problem they backlogged the contract so he puts his body out there for free. Not gonna happen.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben had great career here hell hire a real OC like Adam gase and let him go another year but veterans scale I could live with that. But We have given up too much to have paid Ben what we have. It’s a fact the era of the 100m qb is over. Take our talent on offense put claypool in Jerry rice, Terrell Owens flanker spot, sign a niffy qb that can run the RPO offense, like the old dominion qb that played for redskins last nite and you’d have a really solid but cheap offense, that would take you further that the randy-Ben **** show. Sorry but true. Randy fuking ficktner does not belong running any offense not to say the offense for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Been saying it for so long I’m done saying it, they don’t fire randy I’m going to find something else to do until they do. Can’t take another **** show season like that we witnessed this year. Pittsburgh has become a real turdtopia with randy running the show.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think Ben has earned the right to play another year if he chooses. I will let him decide if it is time. I am not stamping him done.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

I would love Ben to play one more year. But the problem will be that it will cost two seasons for him to play one. They will have to push his contract down the road and eat more cap space in the rebuild.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
He looked handcuffed to a ****** scheme. And the D looked like a high school team.

Half the defense was a HS team by half. For ***** sake we had to play Pierre. We had Marshmallow playing OLB no Hilton, Highsmith, Bud, Haden, Bush. Only so many losses you can take on defense and then turn it over 5 times.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Ben had great career here hell hire a real OC like Adam gase and let him go another year but veterans scale I could live with that. But We have given up too much to have paid Ben what we have. It’s a fact the era of the 100m qb is over. Take our talent on offense put claypool in Jerry rice, Terrell Owens flanker spot, sign a niffy qb that can run the RPO offense, like the old dominion qb that played for redskins last nite and you’d have a really solid but cheap offense, that would take you further that the randy-Ben **** show. Sorry but true. Randy fuking ficktner does not belong running any offense not to say the offense for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Been saying it for so long I’m done saying it, they don’t fire randy I’m going to find something else to do until they do. Can’t take another **** show season like that we witnessed this year. Pittsburgh has become a real turdtopia with randy running the show.

Sorry but you lost me at hiring Gase.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I would love Ben to play one more year. But the problem will be that it will cost two seasons for him to play one. They will have to push his contract down the road and eat more cap space in the rebuild.
It can be done. Problem is I am not sure we have the coaches that is needed if he returns.

Stewey

Reaction score

Good. The last thing I want to hear from Stains fans is that the browns made Ben cry and retire from the game.
Not so good,, I think I'd rather see Ben go. This team isn't going anywhere next year. The sooner we find Bens replacement the better.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It can be done. Problem is I am not sure we have the coaches that is needed if he returns.

Oh it can be done for sure. By adding years to the contract and pushing money down the road. But you will be significantly worse in terms of a supporting cast next year and you still have Tomlin coaching. Take the pill, clean the house and start over with a better coach.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Good. The last thing I want to hear from Stains fans is that the browns made Ben cry and retire from the game.
Not so good,, I think I'd rather see Ben go. This team isn't going anywhere next year. The sooner we find Bens replacement the better.

Personally I could give two ***** about what any browns fan says or even thinks.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Here’s a good read on looking ahead to Ben’s contract. https://Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2020/08/looking-ahead-at-2021-ben-roethlisberger-contract-cap-cutting-scenarios/

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Here’s a good read on looking ahead to Ben’s contract. https://Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2020/08/looking-ahead-at-2021-ben-roethlisberger-contract-cap-cutting-scenarios/

It is a good read. And accurate. Comes down to taking medicine next year to be mediocre by kicking salary cap down the road or taking the medicine now. I'm for that.

Stewey

Reaction score
I wonder if Mason would have received all this love had he replicated Bens performance last night.

I know, Ben has done a lot of great things for this franchise and his career is nearing the end.

mdk2

Reaction score
I wonder if Mason would have received all this love had he replicated Bens performance last night.

I know, Ben has done a lot of great things for this franchise and his career is nearing the end.

Trick question... Mason wouldn’t have led those drives to get the team back in. So there would have been no replication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably not popular to say but I agree. He still has a little left in the tank and with a solid oline and a run game I think we can make one more run at it. Our defense was playing incredible until injuries caught up to them.

Why the **** would he come back to this ******* team and this ******* coach?

rpollock

Reaction score
THANKS BEN for everything that you went through to even play this year. I appreciate it, and I'm sure many others do to. If this was your last game, I wish you luck in whatever is next. If not, good luck next year.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Love Ben.
Just a waste of a ******* year if his life.
He could have enjoyed a vacation and not had to go through this ******* waste of 5 months.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Love Ben.
Just a waste of a ******* year if his life.
He could have enjoyed a vacation and not had to go through this ******* waste of 5 months.

Just this year?

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Thank you Ben. Please enjoy your retirement.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben did make some mistakes in the 1st half. Pouncey made the biggest. Ben had 1 or 2 of his int's tipped at the line. That was common this year. The Browns got lucky to be in the right place when they were tipped. That doesn't always happen. Our O line is supposed to keep the D line from being able to jump to bat balls but they couldn't do it all year. That is part on them and part on throwing so many short passes. That is the bad.

The good is Ben looks phenomenal when he is unleashed. The back part of the the 1st half and the 2nd half, our O was unstoppable (unless Tomlin wouldn't go for it on 4th and 8 from their 38 or on a 4th and 1). That is the Ben we need more often and that comes from the game plan. The dink and dunk is OK but they need to let him throw those deeper balls. He has proven that he still has the arm to make the throws. When we were starting slow for half the season, why not start the game in the no huddle for a few series and let er rip? See what happens. Try to score first and often. Play to ******* win. Play to your STRENGTH!

Anyhow, we don't know what Ben and Pouncey will do next year. If Ben doesn't come back, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For being the best QB this team has ever had and I saw Bradshaw play. If he doesn't come back, good luck to Ben! And, good luck to the Steelers and we the fans.It could be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong road until we are a true competitor again like it was when Bradshaw retired. It might take Tomlin being gone to make it happen.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I am glad that most people appreciated Ben because there are dark times ahead.

Hate to break it to you but we’ve been in dark times since the 2011 season. Literally a decade of dark times.

When Ben retires we’ll have to suck it up without a QB for a year and draft one after the painful season we have. Hopefully that will be 2021 because we have to turn over the roster and be in cap hell anyway so we might as well accelerate this process

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app