• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thank you Ben

Muddler

Reaction score
Great Steeler, HOF QB, 2 SBs, kept the franchise competitive every year, and worthy of our utmost respect respect and admiration. I'm still partial to Bradshaw and his 4 SBs as the greatest Steeler QB but Ben is unquestionably #2.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Ben has been an incredible player to watch and we are lucky we got to watch him in Pittsburgh for so long. His highlight reels are up there with the best of all time and he is first ballot Hall of Famer. I know this game didn't go as he hoped, but he fought to the end with the touchdown and two point conversion as possibly his final two passes. I can only hope the Steelers will be able to find a QB nearly as talented in the future.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
He shouldn't go out like this. One more year.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Probably not popular to say but I agree. He still has a little left in the tank and with a solid oline and a run game I think we can make one more run at it. Our defense was playing incredible until injuries caught up to them.

OhioSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
That really sucked seeing him on the sidelines. For sure HOFer and incredible career highlights. He's one tough son of a ***** and leaves it all on the field.
Hope he comes back if he feels up to it.

Chicoman

Reaction score
I'm sure Ben blames himself for this game but he could have played a perfect game this team still would have lost because they were outcoached and unmotivated.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
He looked handcuffed to a ****** scheme. And the D looked like a high school team.

When Cris Collinsworth is calling out your goal line offensive calls you know there are issues. This isn't new....it was like that most of the year.
Rooney needs to grow a pair and move in another direction.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Ben is the Mario Lemieux of the Steelers, but they need to find a Sid. Love Ben. Whatever his decision is, I'll be behind him.

We had two Sid’s in Bell and Brown. Problem is they became better than the team. Our defense couldn’t match at the time.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously playing from behind the whole game pads his numbers but he still put up 500 yards passing and 4 TD’s with no run game and horrible play calling. He’s not done but needs to be surrounded with more talent and better coaching.

I'm not saying that he looked done in his play (even though it has slipped), he looked done on the bench at the end.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
I'm not saying that he looked done in his play (even though it has slipped), he looked done on the bench at the end.

I’m sure he’s considering it as he should. Even if he does come back it’s not guaranteed he will even make the playoffs and with our cap situation who knows what the team will look like next year. Still want to see him give it one last shot similar to the Bus.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite Steelers, but I'm afraid it's time.

Thanks for the memories, Ben.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely appreciate Ben for everything he’s done.. all the great memories, the Super Bowls, just generally being a warrior and caring so much about the team, the game, his teammates, all of it

It’s just sad to see that while he is the catalyst for so many great offensive plays, he’s also so reckless with the football and throws so many back breaking picks. Like what do you do when your best player not only keeps you in every game but throws you OUT of games? Sometimes in the same game? It’s not sustainable. He can’t be trusted with the football anymore. He went weeks not even attempting a pass downfield, then when he opens it up, he needs to throw a bunch of picks mixed in with the strikes downfield. There’s ALWAYS a shadow side to him. It’s time to move on

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lemmy

Banned
Reaction score
Great career Ben, thanks for the memories, it is time to go before it gets real bad real quick.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Ben has earned the right to play another year if he chooses. I will let him decide if it is time. I am not stamping him done.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm at least as big a Ben fan as anyone here. In my opinion they should pay the 20 million dollar tax move on, keep as many defensive pieces as possible. Have a look at Rudolph next year and if he sucks you will get a draft pick.

johngaenzler

Reaction score
This defense when healthy is the best in the league (minus Terrell Edmunds who is awful). If we can retain Bud on the franchise tag one more year and move up a little in the first round for Najee Harris, I think we are back in the playoffs next year. If not, Ben played out his contract and retired when he was ready to go and we will look for our next QB in the following draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk