• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Bus

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere here yet but you got to watch it if you haven't
What a magical season.

Here's to the hope it happens for Ben this year.

Nice find and thanks SanDiegoSteeler !!!

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At one of the games where I was in PITTSBURGH, Jerome Bettis' bus was in stadium parking lot and they had a security (small) fence around it. It was totally opened up showing all the real kewl TVs outside etc. I went to the small gate in fence and asked what was going on (this was early early) before game. They said Jerome was sponsering a free BBQ and could only let like 1000 PPL in. It was not advertised but was just a thank you from Jerome himself. I said when does it start and she just opened the gate and let me in. I got to tour the bus and then eat outside lawn chairs. The lady said they were only leting a few at a time through to make it appear as though is was just a small BBQ. The bus was so dang kewl beans and I'm sure the driver got annoyed with me as I was asking / exploring all the behind the scenes controls / mechanical / etc..

I thought that was pretty stand up of Jerome to do that but then again it didn't surprise me any as to his generosity towards fans.

Just a note: There was NO alcohol served. Everybody got a small helemet #36, not a collectors item but small, maybe baseball size slightly less. ( I still got mine)

Salute the nation