• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The draft matters

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ebron needs to be cut. Gentry could drop passes for cheaper.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I did love Freiermuth but my point is we had bigger needs. Muth at least prevents the need to draft a TE in the foreseeable future but unless Green, Moore, and Dotson take some big steps forward quickly this season will get away from us.
thing with Muth is that rarely would you find a TE with his talent at mid 2nd round. It was a good pick, same goes for green/Moore and even harris. The problem was lack of investment in a true starter FA to anchor the kids. Too much responsability at a position that already requires a couple of years to be starting material

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, they could have grabbed someone in the 1st or 2nd rounds but I have no problem with the Najee or Muth picks. I think both of them are going to man their positions well past their rookie contracts. Najee is a beast and I think Muth will be our No. 1 TE sooner rather than later. Ebron, if possible, looks like his hands got worse during the offseason. I guess he didn't invest in a jugs machine like JuJu did after his rookie season.
i thought competition would bring the better of Ebron, silly me

FordFairLane

Reaction score
thing with Muth is that rarely would you find a TE with his talent at mid 2nd round. It was a good pick, same goes for green/Moore and even harris. The problem was lack of investment in a true starter FA to anchor the kids. Too much responsability at a position that already requires a couple of years to be starting material
I’m not saying Freiermuth was a bad pick. In fact he does prevent the need for a high draft pick being spent on TE anytime in the foreseeable future.
The Steelers really undervalued Feiler and letting him walk was definitely a mistake. I hope they’d have signed him and released DeCastro sooner if they were aware of DD’s degenerative injury.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Would have helped if returning linemen that they penciled in would have came in in shape… Steelers are running club med here for underachievers. The only thing interesting about the Steelers right now is just now bad are we… even that will probably be a boring 8-8 I’d rather watch paint dry than watch Steelers under the current regime. We need regime change bad starting at the top! Time for a new Rooney jr to step just like his dad did and like his grandad did… we new blood new direction… they should all go out with Ben… go out with head high but just go out lol

steelhurt

Reaction score
Ebron was a bust in Detroit with the same issues, dropped passes, can’t block. That’s why the Lions gave up on him after drafting him with the 8’th pick in the first round.
I wanted to sign Jesse James and cut Ebron. The outlaw is more dependable catching and can block.