• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The most outrageous "NFL is Fixed" theory ever told

Stewey

Reaction score
Must check out that look on Tuckers face at 0:25...his reaction not for the simple fact that he missed it, but for how the ball abruptly turned right after heading slightly left.
Looks like he saw something really spooky.

The fix is in!!! LOL

The most absurd conspiracy I ever read.
The goal post is one big electro magnet that repels the magnet inserted in the ball.

http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl2018.html

Is it possible that the NFL can now control kicks via magnetic fields between the goal posts and the ball itself? Yeah, I know. This sounds like an outlandish conspiracy theory. But hell, I'm the "King of the Sports Conspiracies" so let's consider it for a moment.

For starters, back in 2014 it was announced that "new technology" was using magnetic fields to "track" the football's position on the field. This was inserted into regulation NFL balls, didn't affect their weight or behavior (allegedly), and was designed in conjunction with Disney Research (and yes Disney Research is the same Disney that owns Mickey Mouse and ESPN). How far of a stretch would it be to use that magnetic field for other purposes especially when you have a giant piece of metal known as the goal posts on either end of the field? Remember, too, the NFL has special "kicking" balls (K-balls) which are put into play ONLY for kicking plays, meaning if these balls had this magnetic field technology in them, they would only be in play for things such as field goals and extra points.

http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl2018.html

Last edited:

steelhurt

Reaction score
Yeah, I like that theory. the 2017 season saw Boz make multiple game winning FG's so the magnet was in the Steelers favor that season only to have us lay an egg against the Jags in the playoffs. Of course 2018 saw the magnet work against the Steelers as Boz missed multiple extra points and FG's and Steelers lose games they should have won thus missing the playoffs.

I think this is a great conspiracy thread for Wig since he's our resident conspiracy expert.

I still think its Ben's fault!

Reactions: wig

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
There have been many games over the years that had the look of a fix, in my mind most notably the 85 Bears-Fins game. Another that comes to mind is the Jacky Smith 'drop' in SB13 which just covered the spread. NOD's 2 picks in SB30 were also highly suspect.

But fuh-bul has always been a vehicle for gambling. Why does this surprise anybody?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe unequivocally that there have been many times that referees have made calls or not made calls that ultimately lead to a spread being covered. (In plainer terms, I believe the refs on many occasions have seen to it that the "spread" is covered.) Now, many of those times could be chalked up to incompetency. There are times however, (The Steelers / Chargers game noted above) where there is no room to claim that incompetency was the culprit. They had called it a TD on the field so in order to overturn they had to find definitive proof that one of the tosses was NOT a lateral. The only 'possible' non-lateral pass was the first and even that seems clearly to be thrown backward slightly and certainly not forward.

Thus the ONLY logical conclusion was either A) there is an anachronistic rule that says if a turnover happens after time expires the ball is dead (I know of no such rule...) or B) the league circled the wagons and quickly determined it was best to simply protect the spread, thus saving lots and lots of bookies money on the final play of the game. If I remember correctly I read an article in the last year that talked about THAT play because it was a HUGE money play in betting circles and literally if it had stood was going to cost some bookies many 10s of thousands of dollars.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I do not believe however that the league is using magnetism to cause kicks to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
It would explain the terrible kicking year for kickers across the league this year.