• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The movie "Draft Day "

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Went to see this today -- after listening to the Local Sports casters say it wasn't good I wasn't expecting much but had to go.

I actually liked it .. Pretty crazy view into the inter works of the teams on Draft day ....

Seattle, KC, Buffalo and Jacksonville all play a part --- Why the choose the Browns ??? who knows but it is interesting. yi

Anyone else planning on seeing this movie ?

Has anyone else seen it ?

opinions ??

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Kevin Costner leads the browns back to greatness? sounds like a hollywood reach to me lol!

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the movie covers ONLY the day of the draft ... so there is no greatness achieved .. LOL -

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll wait until it comes to HBO or Showtime.

F

Franco

Awful and simplistic movie. Costner trades 3 1st round picks for a quarterback but then finds out none of his teammates were at his birthday party and he gets a little skittish after being sacked dennis leary sucked as the head coach

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I'll wait until Netflix.

Aries1247

Reaction score
Can't bring myself to spend money seeing something where the Stains are the subject.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Awful and simplistic movie. Costner trades 3 1st round picks for a quarterback but then finds out none of his teammates were at his birthday party and he gets a little skittish after being sacked dennis leary sucked as the head coach

Did you see it ???

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
They made a movie about the Indians and it was one of the funniest sports movies of all time. Perhaps they should've followed suit with the stains

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The movie is called DRAFT DAY -- so it isn't about the browns .. but what happens on Draft day ... just so happens the team they are following is the Browns .. but it could have been ANY other team in the NFL

Vis

Reaction score
The movie is called DRAFT DAY -- so it isn't about the browns .. but what happens on Draft day ... just so happens the team they are following is the Browns .. but it could have been ANY other team in the NFL

I'll see it this weekend but I still think a few Browns jokes are appropriate.

Here's a question: If you knew the Steelers ran things they way it was depicted in the movie, would you want them fired?

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll see it this weekend but I still think a few Browns jokes are appropriate.

Here's a question: If you knew the Steelers ran things they way it was depicted in the movie, would you want them fired?

See the movie first ... there are some interesting things that happen

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
I was excited to see the movie, but was disappointed after viewing.
It wasn't the worst movie, ala Celtic Pride, but it was also far from Major League/SlapShot/Bull Durham, etc.
I expected more since it was from Ivan Reitman, and had Costner in it, since he is usually money in sports movies.
Some funny pokes at the Browns throughout the movie.
Leary underutilized, nothing captivating, too erratic.
Completely unbelievable, even for a movie.

Also, the first choice was the Bills, but the movie scouts went to Buffalo and decided there was no way the could use that for location shoot.
Jets also declined to be in the "Seahawk" spot in the movie with the #1 pick due to the Sanchez/Smith dynamic when the movie first came calling.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Went to see this today -- after listening to the Local Sports casters say it wasn't good I wasn't expecting much but had to go.

I actually liked it .. Pretty crazy view into the inter works of the teams on Draft day ....

Seattle, KC, Buffalo and Jacksonville all play a part --- Why the choose the Browns ??? who knows but it is interesting. yi

Anyone else planning on seeing this movie ?

Has anyone else seen it ?

opinions ??

That is the only way the Browns can return to prominence. Through the movies Its fiction and nothing more.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
They made a movie about the Indians and it was one of the funniest sports movies of all time. Perhaps they should've followed suit with the stains

I don't know how a movie can out do what they already have in weekly syndication during the football season. I believe they're already CBS' #1 comedy in that time slot...

F

Franco

Did you see it ???
Yes and it was a movie that was unrealistic and poorly done. You really think a gm would make a trade ,giving up 3 1st round picks and then not pick the qb because no teammates came to his birthday party? A team vets all players way more in depth than that. Oh and of course on draft day he has time for potential draftees to call him at will and he has time for closet talk with jennifer garnes, pure romcom crap

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and it was a movie that was unrealistic and poorly done. You really think a gm would make a trade ,giving up 3 1st round picks and then not pick the qb because no teammates came to his birthday party? A team vets all players way more in depth than that. Oh and of course on draft day he has time for potential draftees to call him at will and he has time for closet talk with jennifer garnes, pure romcom crap

Its a movie --- who cares if it is realistic ... it was entertaining .. I don't think that any movie made is realistic !

F

Franco

Its a movie --- who cares if it is realistic ... it was entertaining .. I don't think that any movie made is realistic !

It sucked and Costner said the only way he would have made this movie was to be aligned with the NFL and make it realistic. He failed and it was a boring , bad movie and of course the stupidity of his mother wanting to do the ashes on draft day was further smaltz and stupidity. Glad you liked it, I and most others have hated it.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The funny thing is everyone leaving the theater yesterday liked it....

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
These people would boo an easter egg hunt. IMDB gives it a 7 as per user reviews. As a rule, if it's above 9.0 with these whiney ***** it's going to be awesome, anything over a 5 is watchable. If it goes 3 or below, just save yourself the trouble and cut your eyes out with razor-blades if you are going to be forced to watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2223990/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Jeffro

Forefather
Reaction score
Kevin Costner leads the browns back to greatness? sounds like a hollywood reach to me lol!

Good Point, the Lions, the Bills, the Browns and jaguars have all had great draft days! For real....

But they never seem to materialize into great teams.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't seen it and doubt I'll pay to. Just as most things from Hollywood, its dramatized, to hope to sell the tickets.

Salute the nation