• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The movie "Draft Day "

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Was it subtitled "Factory of Sadness: The Inside Story"?

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
I saw it. Blah. A little too unrealistic for my liking. I just do not see NFL GMs playing as fast and loose with their assets like Costner did.

deljzc

Reaction score
I saw it. Blah. A little too unrealistic for my liking. I just do not see NFL GMs playing as fast and loose with their assets like Costner did.

So I'm going to hate it :)

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Not to spoil it, but Weaver (Costner) makes a Ricky Williams style trade in the beginning and then through a series of events late, he makes a few more moves that to me, are more outlandish than the first move.

They could have easily ratcheted down the pieces involved in the moves and they would have been more plausible. If this was a karate movie, it would have been filled with wires and flying kicks.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not to spoil it, but Weaver (Costner) makes a Ricky Williams style trade in the beginning and then through a series of events late, he makes a few more moves that to me, are more outlandish than the first move.

They could have easily ratcheted down the pieces involved in the moves and they would have been more plausible. If this was a karate movie, it would have been filled with wires and flying kicks.

The problem with some people is that they expect it to be a documentary -- it is ONLY entertainment .. LOL some will like it some will not. If you don't want to spend the money then wait until it comes to HBO --

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
The problem with some people is that they expect it to be a documentary -- it is ONLY entertainment .. LOL some will like it some will not. If you don't want to spend the money then wait until it comes to HBO --

If you liked it, that is fine. I am sure there are plenty of things you like that I do not. I do think that there are some out there that would want it to be a little more realistic. I did not expect a documentary, at ALL, but I do expect some sense of realism and some of the "events" that take place are absurd. In fact, if I were the some of these NFL teams, I would be embarrassed my name was attached. They kind of paint them like a bunch of bumbling fools.

But hey, plenty of people like Charlies Angels too. I am sure that people ride rockets and diffuse them all the time.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Most movies that come out these days suck, so if you disliked this one, it's not surprising.

36bus36

Reaction score
At the end of the movie, when the Clowns are hooting and hollaring, getting pumped up to run out on the field for the season opener I couldnt take it anymore and yelled out "lets go Cleveland...4-12 again baby!" to a packed theater. Was Black&Gold clad but did not meet up with any Browns fans that took offense to my act. Enjoyed the movie but incredibly far fetched for the big screen.

36bus36

Reaction score
The most unrealistic of all was the trade Costner did with Jacksonville. I dont want to give too much away. And I was gonna be soo pissed if their were no Steeler references considering the rivalry we have with them, but at least they threw in the part where they are watching film of the #1 QB throw the GW TD pass vs. OSU and the one asst. coach says "Pure Roethlisberger!" Nice touch

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
The movie is called DRAFT DAY -- so it isn't about the browns .. but what happens on Draft day ... just so happens the team they are following is the Browns .. but it could have been ANY other team in the NFL

So it's a Horror movie?

Rod Farva

Reaction score
They made a movie about the Indians and it was one of the funniest sports movies of all time. Perhaps they should've followed suit with the stains

JUUuuust a bit outside.

Also, the first choice was the Bills, but the movie scouts went to Buffalo and decided there was no way the could use that for location shoot.

But they found Cleveland suitable? How very odd.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
Y'all being too hard on the Costner.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining flic....sure it ain't no Maltese Falcon. but it wasn't a waste of a few hours either.

It was a fairly plausible plotline, and setting it in CLE was a better choice than Buf.

of course it could never happen in "real life".....but that's not the point,

solid 7 from the USDA house....even the g/f liked it.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Went to see this today -- after listening to the Local Sports casters say it wasn't good I wasn't expecting much but had to go.

I actually liked it .. Pretty crazy view into the inter works of the teams on Draft day ....

Seattle, KC, Buffalo and Jacksonville all play a part --- Why the choose the Browns ??? who knows but it is interesting. yi

Anyone else planning on seeing this movie ?

Has anyone else seen it ?

opinions ??

I heard an interview that said it was supposed to be about Buffalo but they switched to Cleveland because NY taxes were too high.

I thought I heard Costner had a kid with one of the Rooneys

Wingman

Reaction score
They wanted a team that drafted first thus who else would be the odds on favorite. They wanted a team that pinned everything on draft day and had their entire future riding on the draft. Again points to the browns. And how about a team that will never be in a competition for a spot ahead in any other teams fan base. Pure genius actually picking the mistake by the lake. Since it is a movie about the NFL you can bet the NFL is going to get a cut of any money it makes, I won't be funding Rodger and the fat cats.

Wingman

Reaction score

and out of sinc voice overs

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He has a son, Liam (born in 1996), with Bridget Rooney, with whom he had a brief relationship with.