• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The O-line is a work in progress, but there is light @ the end of the tunnel

SteveA

Reaction score
Why are we not scouring the earth for O-Line reclamation Projects is beyond me.

Turn over every damn stone including retired O-Linemen

steelreeling

Reaction score
Nope, I disagree. I believe that the early game plan 'made them' look subpar; but once Coach Canada opened the playbook the whole unit looked like a different OL.

One thing I will say is Las Vegas won't stack the box like the Bills this week if they know what's good for them - if so, Ben will have a record passing day...
So today, the Raiders stacked the box. They utterly ignored and disrespected the Golden Jet. They held the Steelers to 17 points.

I don't know why the play-calling did not involve more inside-zone trap plays? Sealing off blocks ought to be the number one agenda at practice - forget about trying to win one-on-one; just wash MFers as much as you can. If you whif; you whif.

Otherwise i don't know why the Steelers felt like they could not get behind the LBers today? Why all the short ****? Why not crossers and button hooks?

Maybe Ben still has a noodle-arm? maybe. Is that why NOBODY is respecting the deep throw from our O? or is it that Canada wont call it b/c he thinks the line cant stand up to it?

Whatever the case, they Steelers desperately need a big X receiver than can take it to the house after catching a slant from Ben. somehow Canada has to find a way to back these muthafuckas off the box.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
So today, the Raiders stacked the box. They utterly ignored and disrespected the Golden Jet. They held the Steelers to 17 points.

I don't know why the play-calling did not involve more inside-zone trap plays? Sealing off blocks ought to be the number one agenda at practice - forget about trying to win one-on-one; just wash MFers as much as you can. If you whif; you whif.

Otherwise i don't know why the Steelers felt like they could not get behind the LBers today? Why all the short ****? Why not crossers and button hooks?

Maybe Ben still has a noodle-arm? maybe. Is that why NOBODY is respecting the deep throw from our O? or is it that Canada wont call it b/c he thinks the line cant stand up to it?

Whatever the case, they Steelers desperately need a big X receiver than can take it to the house after catching a slant from Ben. somehow Canada has to find a way to back these muthafuckas off the box.

Ben connected on two deep throws today.

The arm strength is fine. I just don't think he's quite as accurate as he used to be.

MB47

Reaction score
The line is so good the idiotic Tomlin , just like against the Browns in last years playoff game , refused to go for it on 4th and a foot trailing by 2 scores today. .15 years in and the idiot never learns from.his myriad of mistakes.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The line is so good the idiotic Tomlin , just like against the Browns in last years playoff game , refused to go for it on 4th and a foot trailing by 2 scores today. .15 years in and the idiot never learns from.his myriad of mistakes.
You smell like Pops or cooch.

steelreeling

Reaction score
Ben connected on two deep throws today.

The arm strength is fine. I just don't think he's quite as accurate as he used to be.
We need Ben to light ******* up over the middle then.

Because if you go back and re-watch the front 8 for the Raiders, you see they literally camp out maybe 3 yards from the ball. And it's not like the opposition is playing off on the outside - they're tight and playing press coverage.

At some point you have to acknowledge that - screw the line - the Steelers cannot let the D pressure them like that. Not when you have the QB that the Steelers have. Not when you have the back that the Steelers have.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
We are paying TJ enough maybe he can play both sides of the ball

steelcan58

Reaction score
We need Ben to light ******* up over the middle then.

Because if you go back and re-watch the front 8 for the Raiders, you see they literally camp out maybe 3 yards from the ball. And it's not like the opposition is playing off on the outside - they're tight and playing press coverage.

At some point you have to acknowledge that - screw the line - the Steelers cannot let the D pressure them like that. Not when you have the QB that the Steelers have. Not when you have the back that the Steelers have.
Why would any team not camp everyone within 3 yards of the LOS after watching us the past 2 seasons?

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
i dont know. It REALLY seems to be working for them though.

They'll keep doing it every single week until the Steelers do something about it.

Right now the Steelers offense isn't concerning to anyone playing them and it's rather simple to defeat. I hope what I've seen so far in two games isn't the new offense. Because it's the same loser **** as last year.

They always seem to be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to changing things.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You smell like Pops or cooch.

I smell something fishy around here........................................ !!!!

Haven't heard from either in quite qwhile and I do hope both are OK physically and mentally. :oops::dejection:

Salute the nation

steelreeling

Reaction score
Because it's the same loser **** as last year.
If things do not drastically improve this week, i wouldn't be afraid to say that i want last year's running game back!

Is Fitchner still a free agent? Can we trade a 6th and Fu to get him back?

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
If things do not drastically improve this week, i wouldn't be afraid to say that i want last year's running game back!

Is Fitchner still a free agent? Can we trade a 6th and Fu to get him back?

I'm going to say it will take 2-3 more weeks. I have no idea what they run in practice, I can only hope it's geared toward ground&pound! Two games in and it still looks like what we had at the end of last year. Just a few cute shifts. I'm not sure why we even have a FB on the roster.