• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Steelers cut Myles Jack

Steelmann

Reaction score
Myles Jack was let go by Jacksonville after the 2021 season for a reason. He wasn’t any good any longer. We will
Not miss Myles Jack. Good savings!
Lol it’s such a crapshoot. If I went back on this forum on the day Jack got signed I’m sure most were excited.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Another one and done, crazy.
Timmons and Shazier were physical freaks… and Vince williams was just a solid starter… but ever since they tweaked the DL to get more pressure and asked the ilbs to be way more like safeties, the ilbs have been lackluster and we have gone through tons… bush, bostic, Fort, shobert, Jack… not even counting the mid draft capital that didn’t pan out like Spence and Buddy

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
So Holcomb is a starter, who suits up at the other spot?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a combination of scheme, coaching, not prioritizing position, not giving a strong line in front of them, etc.

Maybe it's time for a change of leadership.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Lol it’s such a crapshoot. If I went back on this forum on the day Jack got signed I’m sure most were excited.
I may have been at first thinking wow, we signed Myles Jack but after I thought about it I was like Jags knew something. I think what happens is we get caught up with how these guys played when they were younger forgetting that Myles had some wear and tear and started slowing down.
He was ok last year but not a lot better than Bush and for the money it didn’t make sense to keep him.
I still think they draft an ILB as well.’

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
My opinion he was good, but that is relative to Devin Bush and when he got hurt he disappeared. No brainer cut, with the way they have spent last towo days more cuts and remortgages to come.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I was and that is a normal reaction to any newly signed player. We always have hope.!!!

Milked Jack played hard and remember he played hurt a good part of the season. At times he was the best ILB on the roster.

It goes to show that we did need a house cleaning and I’m giving some credit to our new 1/2 GM….. Wiedl

Salute the nation

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
This feels a lot like trading one set of mediocre players for another set of slightly younger and cheaper mediocre players at ILB. Here's hoping a serious investment of capital is to come.

The point on scheme is big tho, our ILBs are constantly getting abused in coverage by opposing offenses but I never see our offense doing it. Obviously Canaduh blows, but I don't watch a lot of NFL other than the Steelers...do other teams have ILBs that can cover? Or do most teams not ask their ILBs to cover?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The two ILB's they brought in aren't top guys but still may be better than what we were putting on the field since Bush was so lackluster. Cutting Jack puts ILB back as a top 5 need in the draft - OL, CB, DL, ILB, and OLB. I still hope we can get a good OL, CB, and DL within our top 4 picks.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
This feels a lot like trading one set of mediocre players for another set of slightly younger and cheaper mediocre players at ILB. Here's hoping a serious investment of capital is to come.

The point on scheme is big tho, our ILBs are constantly getting abused in coverage by opposing offenses but I never see our offense doing it. Obviously Canaduh blows, but I don't watch a lot of NFL other than the Steelers...do other teams have ILBs that can cover? Or do most teams not ask their ILBs to cover?
We play a ton of cover 2 and 3 out of a 3/4 base, which puts ilbs in coverage a ton but also doesn’t really tie up blockers in front of them making them susceptible to the run…

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Obviously Canaduh blows, but I don't watch a lot of NFL other than the Steelers...do other teams have ILBs that can cover? Or do most teams not ask their ILBs to cover?

They do, they just ask them to cover TE’s and RB’s, not the other teams #1 WR