• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The top six rookies you want to see most in camp are who?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The five rookies I want to see the most in camp.

1 ) Rudolph. I felt he was the 2nd best QB in the draft. Just how much zip does he have on his arm? That is what I want to see. Do we have a future quarterback, or not? Ben is motivated for years :)

2 ) Edmunds - Last year we sucked at safety.
3 ) Washington. Can he separate deep from NFL starting DB’s or not? Like Rudolph, he stood out in mini-camp.

4 ) Samuels. This jack of all trades type will have plenty of chances with Bell holding out. His speed and moves might be under rated. I want to see him as a primary ball carrier.

5 ) Johnson. This very speedy and ball skilled cornerback has three good NFL corners ahead of him. But the Steelers usually keep five corners or more. I love his upside

6 ) Henderson. In college, Henderson returned 73 kickoffs at 26.6 yards per, and 37 punts at 13.4 per. He scored four touchdowns returning kickoffs and three returning punts. Very impressive. If he can do it well in the NFL, I might give him a roster spot and stop risking Brown

Last edited:

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
For me it's Jaylen Samuels first. He has the most potential to change our offense with his diversity.

Then Washington and Edmunds, because we lost starters at both spots.

Quadree is really interesting as a returner, and it may be the reason he makes the team, but he has to be better than Tucker or DHB to get a roster spot.

Second year guys I'm really interested in seeing are:

1. Adams at OLB- he flashed last preseason. I want to see if he improved.
2. Tucker. has the talent to be a productive slot guy.
3.James Conner - want to see if the year in the system lets him run wild this year
4. Sutton - Showed he can play with limited participation. This year should be a jump in his game
5. Hilton - Playmaking slot corner. Want to see more big plays!

TJ Watt and JuJu already have shown they can play and flash pro bowl potential. I'd like them both to play consistently like pro bowlers this year.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
All of your list Coach, but a couple things: I'm most interested in Washington/Rudolph. Bryant was pretty pedestrian last year and I kinda feel like if the Steelers walk away with a stud receiver and a future starter at QB for a second and that POS, it could be an all time draft steal.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
5 ) Johnson. This very speed and ball skilled cornerback has three good NFL corners ahead of him. But the Steelers usually keep five corners or more. I love his upside

lulz Will be the only time someone picks him in this thread. Coach loves him some agenda.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
1. Edmunds - I think he has an uphill climb to earn a spot in the starting lineup this year, so I really want to see how they are going to use him.
2. Rudolph - The Steelers haven't had a QB prospect worth getting excited over since Roethlisberger. It'll be nice to potentially see another talented QB in camp
3. Washington - They've hit on plenty of receivers recently and I love what Washington could bring.
4. Samuels - With Bell on his way out after this year, I really want to see what we have with Conner and Samuels.
5. Allen - He got his wish and was drafted by the Steelers. Always like to see stories like that.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
lulz Will be the only time someone picks him in this thread. Coach loves him some agenda.

His speed, and production are impressive. The film on balls thrown his way is also impressive.

We’ll see how he does in camp. I thinks he fits in zone or man. I’m intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Edmunds doesn't start but sees 40-60% of defensive snaps depending on the situation and opponent.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
His speed, and production are impressive. The film on balls thrown his way is also impressive.

We’ll see how he does in camp. I thinks he fits in zone or man. I’m intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

wanna make a roster bet? loser has to sport a avatar of winners choice for a month.

You win if he makes the final 53.

I win if he doesn't.

Deal?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
1. Edmunds - I think he has an uphill climb to earn a spot in the starting lineup this year, so I really want to see how they are going to use him.
2. Rudolph - The Steelers haven't had a QB prospect worth getting excited over since Roethlisberger. It'll be nice to potentially see another talented QB in camp
3. Washington - They've hit on plenty of receivers recently and I love what Washington could bring.
4. Samuels - With Bell on his way out after this year, I really want to see what we have with Conner and Samuels.
5. Allen - He got his wish and was drafted by the Steelers. Always like to see stories like that.

My thoughts exactly. Especially interested to see what Washington brings.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Edmunds want to see his versatility at possible in nickel and dime sets in at MLB especially 3-2-6
Adams- is he a guy if bud shows nothing can take over?
rudolph do we have a worthy qb to build around after ben
samuals like a jack of all trade backs can he be like Danny Woodhead a mismatch nightmare cath and run.
frazier can he develop into a somewhat Casey type NT
Washington from his film his frame and speed and ypc makes me compare him to a maclin or DeSean Jackson in their prime type of deep threat can he be that fast or as effective for ben to throw downfield.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Quadree is really interesting as a returner, and it may be the reason he makes the team, but he has to be better than Tucker or DHB to get a roster spot.

/QUOTE]

Speaking completely as a homer, I'd love to see this kid light it up. Field position is a wonderful thing.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Speaking completely as a homer, I'd love to see this kid light it up. Field position is a wonderful thing.

Same here, but the light is gonna have to turn on at receiver because he was way below the line last year at the position.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Every year there seems to be a guy with big return skills. Problem is that it just isn't a big part of the game anymore. You dont even want a kick off return anymore. And the punters are so good that its just damn near impossible.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
1) Rudolph
2) Rudolph
3) Rudolph
4) Rudolph
5) Rudolph
6) Rudolph

Basically.. if he is the real deal and we have our successor, that is far and away the most important thing we got coming from this draft.

diver

Reaction score
Edmunds want to see his versatility at possible in nickel and dime sets in at MLB especially 3-2-6
Adams- is he a guy if bud shows nothing can take over?
rudolph do we have a worthy qb to build around after ben
samuals like a jack of all trade backs can he be like Danny Woodhead a mismatch nightmare cath and run.
frazier can he develop into a somewhat Casey type NT
Washington from his film his frame and speed and ypc makes me compare him to a maclin or DeSean Jackson in their prime type of deep threat can he be that fast or as effective for ben to throw downfield.

I am with you on Frazier. I think if they could get lucky here and have a guy who could handle the middle, all of the sudden the ILBs aren't such a worry.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I am with you on Frazier. I think if they could get lucky here and have a guy who could handle the middle, all of the sudden the ILBs aren't such a worry.

A lot to ask for a 7th rounder. Will be all he can handle to even make the roster after being a backup in college.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
But you said his speed, production and game field were impressive. You said that you were intrigued and you think he fits either type of coverage.

Like I said before, he wasn't a draft pick. Rookie free agents typically start at the very bottom of the depth chart.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Like I said before, he wasn't a draft pick. Rookie free agents typically start at the very bottom of the depth chart.

coach you should be a defensive back IRL because you can back pedal faster than Delton Hall covering Randy Moss.

make the bet. Or STFU about Johnson.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
coach you should be a defensive back IRL because you can back pedal faster than Delton Hall covering Randy Moss.

make the bet. Or STFU about Johnson.

Delton Hall was a bad second round pick drew flags back in a day where headshots were often legal.

I did not offer this bet.

Johnson is a rookie free agent I want to see numbnuts, same as the rookie return man Henderson. I think Johnson has upside for the reasons stated, but I also said he's behind four decent corners. The Steelers might only keep five, so figure out the odds.

And finally who are you to tell anyone to STFU? I post what I wish. Now I might blog on Johnson if only because you'll be hoping he does poorly. Deal with it.

Last edited:

diver

Reaction score
A lot to ask for a 7th rounder. Will be all he can handle to even make the roster after being a backup in college.

Yea, I know. But there really isn't anyone on the roster who can control the middle. Hargrave isn't that guy, I don't think, and McCullers, ****. I just think they need that guy, even if it is "not the way the NFL is anymore." Hopefully they get lucky with Frazier is all I'm saying. No doubt it's a longshot.

diver

Reaction score
Delton Hall was a bad second round pick drew flags back in a day where headshots were often legal.

I did not offer this bet.

Johnson is a rookie free agent I want to see numbnuts, same as the rookie return man Henderson. I think Johnson has upside for the reasons stated, but I also said he's behind four decent corners. The Steelers might only keep five, so figure out the odds.

And finally who are you to tell anyone to STFU? I post what I wish. Now I might blog on Johnson if only because you'll be hoping he does poorly. Deal with it.

No he wasn't. He had a heck of a rookie year, then had knee issues. Delton Hall was not a bad draft pick.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Edmunds for sure. Safety has been a dire need since Polamalu/Clark.
I think Edmunds makes an impressive rookie showing.

Rudolph. Just to see if he's the "future.
Not a rookie, but I think first year on the Steelers.
Trey Griffey. Son of Ken Griffey jr. Wide Receiver. Doubt he makes the 53 man roster, but should be an interesting pre season story