• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Unqualified OC Gameplan.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Michael Irvin backed us trading for a QB ... if that doesnt confirm that its a bad idea I dont know what will.... Irvin decision making skills are suspect at best lol

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I'd think outside the box and do something crazy like run the ball more when playing an opponent with a bad run defense.
Absolutely. Najee has one thing he needs to improve in his game: cutbacks. You can see the opposing D doesn't even worry about that. The play is designed to go one way and you see the wall of nothing from the o line then the backside open up. Najee 90% of the time just plunges into it. He needs to ad lib more. There are yards there.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely. Najee has one thing he needs to improve in his game: cutbacks. You can see the opposing D doesn't even worry about that. The play is designed to go one way and you see the wall of nothing from the o line then the backside open up. Najee 90% of the time just plunges into it. He needs to ad lib more. There are yards there.
Second half Najee was doing that tonight. Not cutbacks, but, plays designed up the gut he took wide and gained yards. Probably just as tired of Canada's **** as Ben. ;)

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
What was the point of bringing in an OC to do anything other than breakdown film with Ben and be an eye upstairs. Anyone think Byron Leftwich is calling plays in Tampa.

MB47

Reaction score
Michael Irvin backed us trading for a QB ... if that doesnt confirm that its a bad idea I dont know what will.... Irvin decision making skills are suspect at best lol
I would trust Irvin with his crack pipe and hookers over Tomlin any day. He at least knows the game.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I would trust Irvin with his crack pipe and hookers over Tomlin any day. He at least knows the game.
We absolutely should not be dealing a whole draft or multiple firsts like he suggested… you can win with an average qb if you get the line fixed and have a solid d

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wasting your energy bringing in a QB to tourniquet the team's weaknesses is SUCH a bad idea.

They need to just commit to rebuilding the team.

"If you've got a great defense, a great offensive line, and a really good running back, you can get away with an average or even below-average QB. Hell, you can even get to AFC Championship games!" Bill Cowher. (paraphrased by an unknown source...)