• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Things Im looking for in preseason

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Bullshit. Good to great QBs improve and look the part. Rudolph plays like a scared little ***** and has no plus attributes, weak arm, poor pocket presence ,can't go through progressions and no mobility. He also didn't see the field his 1st year so he had more time in the system than the rookies who are thrown into the fire

He is never going to start a game for the Steelers despite your weak protestations
He has improved, he doesn't have a weak arm, his pocket presence is vastly improved from the beginning and he has started a WHOPPING 10 games. JFC you are so off this. He had our second longest run and yes he can go through progressions. You are right he didn't see the field and that makes a big difference. Your analysis is on par with Coach's.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
and has no plus attributes, weak arm, poor pocket presence ,can't go through progressions and no mobility. He also didn't see the field his 1st year so he had more time in the system than the rookies who are thrown into the fire
I thought you called him cpt check down? And weak arm? Amusing

Wolf44

Reaction score
What are you talking a
I thought you called him cpt check down? And weak arm? Amusing
What is your point ? He has a weak arm and checks down incessantly. He has no plus attributes, these are not contradictions or exclusive of each other genius.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
you just said he cant go through progressions. It IS a contradiction. And he doesnt have a weak arm. Youre out of your tree.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
you just said he cant go through progressions. It IS a contradiction. And he doesnt have a weak arm. Youre out of your tree.
I am not sure if Mason has a weak arm, but he does not use it properly. He can throw a decent deep ball, but the throws that require a lot of zip he struggles with. The ones that really scare me are like mid-range out routes. He always floats them and are in danger of being intercepted. I dont know if its a mental thing, mechanics, or physical limitations, but the ball just doesnt seem to jump out of his hands.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
1) O'Canada is my biggest concern bar none, bigger than any player / coach / FO / owner / concessions worker / ticket taker / & HOT steelers girls.!

2) Offensive line play, this is big. I need to see that all has improved Dan Moore needs to show some dominance along with Big Dot. Also the new guys at center & right gaurd. It would be nice to see the RT show improvement but I think we have seen his usual.

3) QB play is going to be hard to gauge this first pre-season game due to the level of competition. I JUST hope whoever our guy is........ he shines.

4) Did I mention the severity of O'Canada's improvement, I hope he goes from high school / college to NFL grade OC. Big step but I hope like hell he has more than 15 plays and has become sociable with his players as well as his assistants.

All good from my view

Salute the nation

I have to assume that Canada has a lot of stock in beer and other alcohol libation stocks ... given how much he pushes everyone to drink. He is my biggest worry. By far. We should have brought in Russia or China to call our offense instead.

Wolf44

Reaction score
He has a very weak arm. He cannot throw a 20 yard out to save his life, has little zip on his passes and has to wind up to float a 45 yard jump ball. If your nose wasn't so deep in his balls you could see his obvious shortcomings.

Every NFL QB. can throw a 50 yard pass, some with a flick of the wrist and many while off balance.Rudolph has to be set and windup to do it in a clean pristine pocket. He is a POS QB , kinda like your posts

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
you're absolutely delusional. he is not a franchise qb, not for the Steelers, not for any of other 31 franchises, either.
Not even for Cleveland??? I saw they signed Kap, lmao…couldn’t tell if that was internet BS or a real story…but if it’s true it’s effing hilarious

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure if Mason has a weak arm, but he does not use it properly. He can throw a decent deep ball, but the throws that require a lot of zip he struggles with. The ones that really scare me are like mid-range out routes. He always floats them and are in danger of being intercepted. I dont know if its a mental thing, mechanics, or physical limitations, but the ball just doesnt seem to jump out of his hands.
Hey! Be fair! It takes almost all qb's at least 6-7 seasons to learn how to make the ball jump out of their hands! We wont know anything until he's had at least 34 consecutive starts! Just be fair, ok?? He's gonna get better, I jus' know it!!

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Not even for Cleveland??? I saw they signed Kap, lmao…couldn’t tell if that was internet BS or a real story…but if it’s true it’s effing hilarious
Nope. Not even Cleveland. I'd gladly take Brissett over Mason

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

If this is a true thing then I can't stop laughing at cleveland.

Watson will be "displaced" for a year

Crapernick will attempt to play.......... maybe. He sure as **** wasn't interested in playing 2 years ago......

Cleveland will fold before the season end, they have been a joke since coming back into the league and I think they will continue that role.

Salute the nation

black and gold apex

Reaction score
I want to see if all the training camp hype on Pickens is real. I want to see if Canada really is changing the offense with Ben gone. Of course, how the QB's act in game situations. How will be coverage wise.