• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Time for Ben to take a retirment holiday

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
because when that rule was around it was a kinder gentler world. did you know a random poster could post an innocent link and we click on it and it destroys our laptops?
I have been advised by multiple people smarter than me to not open random links on random boards
then don't follow links...find it yourself

a link would show the story headline at least

Stewey

Reaction score
I don't know how to link. Like I said. Type Ben's name, Cam's name,, Coolshades name or Pittsburgh Steelers. It's gonna come up. Ben earned about 260 million in his career. He doesn't need to say anything about the Pittsburgh Steelers. Just say, I'm a fan myself now and look forward to the games. And if he still thinks he can play and wants to. It's his right. Go play in Seattle.
Super simple. Right click on the URL in the address bar of the article you are reading. The URL usually starts with http/www.
Left click to select "copy"
Right click in your comment area. Left click to paste the link.

Stewey

Reaction score
love you Coolie. you are one of the best things that keep this board alive. but if opening poster had been a bit more clear on what he/she wearing a blue dress....was talking about then no link would be needed.
I lost you after you said you love Coolie.
Wearing a blue dress?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
then don't follow links...find it yourself

a link would show the story headline at least
or dont make people add links to things they can find in seconds. if I post a random post regarding something that hasn't occurred recently then yeah I could almost see a reason to post a link. but if I start a post on something that is in the news today. WTF post a link? 1 second can get anyone the story.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
or dont make people add links to things they can find in seconds. if I post a random post regarding something that hasn't occurred recently then yeah I could almost see a reason to post a link. but if I start a post on something that is in the news today. WTF post a link? 1 second can get anyone the story.
but is it the same story the douchebag thread starter was referring to?

take a second and post a link

then we are all on the same page as to which story is being discussed

again - common ******* courtesy

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I lost you after you said you love Coolie.
Wearing a blue dress?

I had to check my closet..................................... thank god it wasn't my blue dress

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
because when that rule was around it was a kinder gentler world. did you know a random poster could post an innocent link and we click on it and it destroys our laptops?
I have been advised by multiple people smarter than me to not open random links on random boards
There is some truth in this statement. I do, however, trust most of you so I click on the links when provided.

I don't do it for everyone though...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I don't disagree with Ben, but damn just STFU, nothing is adding to the team or his legacy with those kind of remarks.
This is exactly how I feel. I'm sure there is validity to some of his words. And it wasn't like at the beginning of his career he himself didn't need to grow up. Difference was he was surrounded by great leadership. He got his farewell lap last season and it was at least one too many. Now it's either time to join the media if you think your opinions matter or go be with your family and the few times you are asked something continue to tow the company line.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Roethlisberger is spot on with his comments about the team-first attitude versus me-first. That OL group was tight they had when they were winning. The defense was a family. Watch guys like Ryan Clark, Ike Taylor, James Farrior talk about the defense. Heck, Troy Polamalu's entire Hall of Fame speech was about this.

After they all left the team stopped performing and you have guys like AB and Bell. Heyward often referenced guys not doing their job at the tail end of LeBeau's tenure here. Are you kidding me? Even now, who are the leaders on this team? No one on the offensive line. They didn't even help up their QB after allowing him to get beat up next year. Chase Claypool? lol. The offense is literally leaning on second-year Najee Harris to be the leader. Defensively you have Heyward and probably Watt and Fitzpatrick to some extent, but then there are guys like Bush who doesn't seem to live in reality with his play and Terrell Edmunds, who celebrated an INT with a bunch of backups last year when the team was down 20 points.

Yeah, maybe Ben doesn't need to say that now that he's retired, but he is spot on. When this team has a tight locker room again they'll be a Super Bowl contender.

steelhurt

Reaction score
My post was based on an interview Ben had with Pittsburgh Post Gazette sports writer Ronnie Cook. Also from 93.7 The Fan.
Look, Ben is no different than any other NFL QB1 with an enormous ego. These guys are paid millions to win games and SB’s so of course they’re going to make their opinions known. Personally I think Ben should stfu and chill but don’t think that’s happening.
Look at Rodgers, Brady, Patrick, Hebert, Burrow, they all have enormous egos because they can. They’re there team’s most important players. I just wis Ben would chill.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Anyone that has watched football knows it is true. Ben gets slammed no matter. Just look at Tomlin lax treatment on Brown and even Rooney traveling to Miami to see Brown. Look at the amount of me me me on these teams. Sign a contract oooohhh I need to get traded, or I need new contract. Steeler fans as if mentioning past is wrong when we all have been guilty of relieving over and over the 70's. Watch old games and see how much fans at games have changed ops I will get slammed for that.

diver

Reaction score
My issue with Ben is that he doesn't realize he was in all likelihood a pain in the ***, too. To be that good for that long, you gotta have an edge. And those types can be a chore to deal with.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see how Ben saying this, that, or the other actually affects this year's team. It's not like he's a member of the team this year. Hell, Ryan Clark and Mean Joe said basically the same things last year and got patted on the back for it.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see how Ben saying this, that, or the other actually affects this year's team. It's not like he's a member of the team this year. Hell, Ryan Clark and Mean Joe said basically the same things last year and got patted on the back for it.

I hear yaz SteelBuckeye, there always seems to be a double standard when it comes to BEN. The media blows it as well but Ben has usually and currently pretty spot on as is this case.

Salute the nation

Wolf44

Reaction score
Listening to Doug Gottlieb Show it appears Ben had a door near his locker which led into his private little man cave where he could sit in his Lazy Boy, watch TV or play video games apart from the team . Just saying.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Few things. I don't think it has an effect on this year's team. The comments about Tomlin and Colbert wanting him out. Unnecessary. He should have been out. I said he was done after the playoff loss to Cleveland. However, they supported him fully all last year. Never any question about that. I think he was very immature when he started and it's kind of unfair to say that about today's player like his last few years were like the first 6 or so. All unessesary.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
They keep sticking microphones in his face and he keeps taking the bait. Just STFU and let the pension checks roll in and live on the speaking circuit where you don't say anything.
Why should he? Is he speaking lies, or is he telling truths that make you uncomfortable?