• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Time for Ben to take a retirment holiday

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And to make my opinion crystal clear. I think Ben is the best QB in franchise history. I think for the better part of his career he did and said all the right things publically. However, I get a strong impression that at least for most of his career he would be one of last I'd want to hang out with. That he was kind of a dick head. But that is purely assumptions and opinion. Mostly garnered from the clear distinction of the media and frequent snub by teammates for team accolades like mvp.

BEN publicly stated for players to not vote for him as MVP, he took a back seat on that accolade. He said he would rather see a different team mate get it instead of him. I would opin that he would have gotten 12 MVP had he not stepped back.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I guess when it comes to Ben I'd like to have a couple beers with Troy and Heath and know their impression of him. So Drink IRON City I know the I don't vote for myself for MVP story. But maybe that's cause no one was voting.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear yaz SteelerSask2, we will never know the "inside" scoop not just on BEN but also on many any other things with-in the organization. Some things may seem like a simple explaination where as others are simple but complicated.

What ever we say here will have no berring but like most things STEELERS we will keep hashing it over and over because of our obsession and fan-mainia.

PS thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.!

Salute the nation

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
Stupid Steelers ‘related’ question…not worthy of a thread, so I’m sticking it here. Read an article recently that mentioned JT Thomas. Now I have this stuck in my head and it’s driving me crazy.

I grew up in Westmorland County. Back in the late 80’s there was a Buger King at the intersection of Rt30 & 48 in North Versailles that was owned by two former Steelers. One was JT Thomas, but I can’t remember the other. I THINK it may have been either Larry Brown or Bennie Cunningham, but I just can’t remember. Any chance anyone here knows?

It was nothing to go in there for lunch while out on my job delivering furniture and having one of those two guys serve you. Pretty cool for a teenager back then.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I hear yaz SteelerSask2, we will never know the "inside" scoop not just on BEN but also on many any other things with-in the organization. Some things may seem like a simple explaination where as others are simple but complicated.

What ever we say here will have no berring but like most things STEELERS we will keep hashing it over and over because of our obsession and fan-mainia.

PS thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.!

Salute the nation
Very well stated.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Ben should enjoy retirement, play golf, coach his kids' teams, and stay away from cameras and microphones.
To quote Garth Brooks, he has enough money that his grandchildren's grandchildren will never have to work.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree but I can also see his side of the coin too. I'm sure he feels/thinks that if the ship was run a bit tighter, the Steelers would have had a couple more trophies. I see nothing wrong with the guy speaking his mind either. It's a semi free country, he should do what feels right and go with it.
I'm sure Ben thinks about a lot of things, as we all do. But IMO he shouldve exercised better discretion, and shouldnt have even made himself an easy target to folks looking to get soundbites out of him

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I'm sure Ben thinks about a lot of things, as we all do. But IMO he shouldve exercised better discretion, and shouldnt have even made himself an easy target to folks looking to get soundbites out of him
It has to be a strange time for him and all players who were in the league so long. Not getting ready to play a sport that's been part of your life for so long.... He'll figure it out though and probably come to the same conclusion.

coupon

Reaction score
at this point when the internet is so much a part of our world posting links is not as important as it was 20 years ago. we need to change with the times
Die in a fire, twatwaffle

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
It has to be a strange time for him and all players who were in the league so long. Not getting ready to play a sport that's been part of your life for so long.... He'll figure it out though and probably come to the same conclusion.
It's training camp time and he can't stand not being in the spotlight and being interviewed.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben should enjoy retirement, play golf, coach his kids' teams, and stay away from cameras and microphones.
To quote Garth Brooks, he has enough money that his grandchildren's grandchildren will never have to work.

BUT isn't it the third generation of wealth that usually bankrupts things............................ they best hope a kid of theirs can replicate the earning power of

GREAT GRANDPA BEN (the covid bearded one) ( I hope that's the portrait hanging on these kid's mantel)

Salute the nation

black and gold apex

Reaction score
These fans bashing Ben sure liked that throw to win the SP and loved when he brought us back so many times to win a game. Now he has not deserved the right to speak his mind....just think what he really knows about our locker room and coaches.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
BUT isn't it the third generation of wealth that usually bankrupts things............................ they best hope a kid of theirs can replicate the earning power of
Partly but often by the third generation the family wealth is pretty diluted by the number of relatives and/or the family business goes public and sells shares of stock.
I'm pretty sure that all the Kennedys have real jobs at this point.