• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Time for Ben to take a retirment holiday

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I don't know how to link. Like I said. Type Ben's name, Cam's name,, Coolshades name or Pittsburgh Steelers. It's gonna come up. Ben earned about 260 million in his career. He doesn't need to say anything about the Pittsburgh Steelers. Just say, I'm a fan myself now and look forward to the games. And if he still thinks he can play and wants to. It's his right. Go play in Seattle.
Or, if he wants to speak his mind that is also his right. Speak your mind wherever ya want Ben (and hope you stay far away from the miserable place that is Seattle) he’s just stating a viewpoint that many of us avid Steeler fans have had and felt for a long while regarding some of the culture changes around here…the player over team mentality

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Keep talking! Other former great Steelers talk too. Not a damn thing wrong with it.

If the culture isn't a team first culture they'll never win **** and they haven't in a very long time.
Preach! There’s truth in what he said.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
See that is it right there. His time is over. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him and have even enjoyed the post retirement lap. Leave it at that or join media.
So if he joins the media and says the same exact thing it's okay? That'd fit right in with FirstTake or any of those types of hot take shows.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to accept Heyward's truth.
As am I. Maybe if we were 3-4 seasons down the road since his retirement and the Steelers were only winning 2-3 games a season, then yeah, ok, I get it. But dude, you just retired 5 months ago, maybe go away for a little while and forget about football.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
So if he joins the media and says the same exact thing it's okay? That'd fit right in with FirstTake or any of those types of hot take shows.
Didn't say it was ok. However, it would have a point and be his job to express his opinions. I'm pretty sure Troy and Bettis and Potsy and Harrison had opinions of Ben. They kept to self.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Good thing he doesn’t need your approval to speak anymore than you need anyone’s approval to post…and pretty sure he has lots of opinions he doesn’t express too.

Why not get mad at the reporters who keep putting a microphone in front of him instead of actually digging for a story more relevant to your interests?

Love all the tough guy posters telling him to shut up. The ones that criticize Ben for every little damn thing he says/does…you know the same ones that would be sitting in line to be bobbin’ and slobbin’up and down his noggin’ if they actually saw him face to face in public…it’s quite comical.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Listening to Doug Gottlieb Show it appears Ben had a door near his locker which led into his private little man cave where he could sit in his Lazy Boy, watch TV or play video games apart from the team . Just saying.
I dont give a rat's ***.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
And to make my opinion crystal clear. I think Ben is the best QB in franchise history. I think for the better part of his career he did and said all the right things publically. However, I get a strong impression that at least for most of his career he would be one of last I'd want to hang out with. That he was kind of a dick head. But that is purely assumptions and opinion. Mostly garnered from the clear distinction of the media and frequent snub by teammates for team accolades like mvp.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
we need to concentrate on some actual football topics.. less social media and drama
That’s a brilliant idea!

Whatcha got? Start a thread with some clever insight…would absolutely love to talk some meaningful football cuz I’m bored as hell at work 😂

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Good thing he doesn’t need your approval to speak anymore than you need anyone’s approval to post…and pretty sure he has lots of opinions he doesn’t express too.

Why not get mad at the reporters who keep putting a microphone in front of him instead of actually digging for a story more relevant to your interests?

Love all the tough guy posters telling him to shut up. The ones that criticize Ben for every little damn thing he says/does…you know the same ones that would be sitting in line to be bobbin’ and slobbin’up and down his noggin’ if they actually saw him face to face in public…it’s quite comical.
"Tough guy posters"?? Seriously???

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yup seriously
Guarantee none of the “tough guy” posters would say **** to his face…maybe a “can I have your autograph”

**** is comical

I’ll double down and say anyone telling anyone how to live their life is full of ****

You got 1 to live, worry about your own biz for real
Well then lets just shut down the website. I haven't said one tough guy thing. I don't know wtf you are talking about. If I ever saw Roethlisberger I'd say thanks for all the fun Sundays and Two SBs. I would be very respectful to Tomlin too. Doesn't mean I usually agree with him or think he should be the HC anymore.

Steelmann

Reaction score
As am I. Maybe if we were 3-4 seasons down the road since his retirement and the Steelers were only winning 2-3 games a season, then yeah, ok, I get it. But dude, you just retired 5 months ago, maybe go away for a little while and forget about football.
Everyone’s different. But man,with that money Ben has,I’d be traveling around the world first class,showing my kids everything.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone’s different. But man,with that money Ben has,I’d be traveling around the world first class,showing my kids everything.
this! you wouldn't hear a PEEP out of me for at least a half-decade down the road, i'd be like a ghost disappearing into the ether

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
this! you wouldn't hear a PEEP out of me for at least a half-decade down the road, i'd be like a ghost disappearing into the ether
I’m going to be doing that right now. I retired yesterday, we are building our retirement cabin as we speak, hope to be done before Nov. Might take a trip to Florida over the winter and see family, might not. Only plan that is somewhat fixed is that we are leaving for Alaska on May 1, should be back by Sept 1.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I’m going to be doing that right now. I retired yesterday, we are building our retirement cabin as we speak, hope to be done before Nov. Might take a trip to Florida over the winter and see family, might not. Only plan that is somewhat fixed is that we are leaving for Alaska on May 1, should be back by Sept 1.
Congratulations... Enjoy!!

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I agree but I can also see his side of the coin too. I'm sure he feels/thinks that if the ship was run a bit tighter, the Steelers would have had a couple more trophies. I see nothing wrong with the guy speaking his mind either. It's a semi free country, he should do what feels right and go with it.

SteveA

Reaction score
Shhhhh Ben…Time to let go

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't say it was ok. However, it would have a point and be his job to express his opinions. I'm pretty sure Troy and Bettis and Potsy and Harrison had opinions of Ben. They kept to self.

Harrison went public when he sided with "furniture balcony boy" and that wasn't long after his retirement either.

Salute the nation