• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Titans signing Bud Dupree listed among worst decisions of offseason

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
No ****, Stevie Wonder can see that Spillane is not Bush. But you seem to have some kind of warped misconception of Bush's ability against the pass; perhaps it's you who needs to take a look at some of the film and understand that despite his speed and athleticism, Bush is simply not that great in coverage.

I didn't cherry-pick ****. I listed major categories. And yes, although you refuse to recognize it, there was no drop off in the team's performance after losing Bush. None. According to your assessment of this supposed all-world player, why wouldn't there be a huge difference without him?

You'd better take Bush twice on Sundays, because last season, once wasn't enough to create the number on splash plays we'd all expect from such a premier athlete at the position. Two half sacks, zero tackles for loss, zero interceptions, and only 16 solo tackles in nearly 300 snaps? Yeah, maybe Bush should try harder.
One thing you always have to remember about a thoroughbred type athlete like Bush is that its about his ceiling. Bush came out gangbusters in the start of his career and kinda hit the rookie wall. Then he was injured last year. Guys like Ryan Shazier and Lawrence Timmons did not set the world on fire out of the gate. Lets have this discussion at the end of the season and see where Devin Bush and Robert Spillane are at. And I want Spillane to have a monster year if he plays. If he plays.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
One thing you always have to remember about a thoroughbred type athlete like Bush is that its about his ceiling. Bush came out gangbusters in the start of his career and kinda hit the rookie wall. Then he was injured last year. Guys like Ryan Shazier and Lawrence Timmons did not set the world on fire out of the gate. Lets have this discussion at the end of the season and see where Devin Bush and Robert Spillane are at. And I want Spillane to have a monster year if he plays. If he plays.
Both of us can only hope that the #10 overall pick in 2019 will be able to outperform a try-hard undrafted guy here in the former's third season. Or the Steelers defense is in trouble.