• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Titans Taken To The Pit Of Misery As Roethlisberger Uses ‘Dilly Dilly’ Call

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
So that's what dilly dilly is...haha. I must have missed that advertisement. Hilarious!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the incorporation of it into the STEELERS offense because of the PLAYERS liking it. BEATs the heck outa Omaha .

Salute the nation

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I've wondered why quarterbacks don't insert some random gibberish into their signal-calling, if for no other reason than to distract/befuddle the other team.

Wouldn't you love to hear BR shout, "24...36...Burfict's ugly...18...hike!"?

I read this week that Jared Goff will call out "Tupac" and "Ric Flair" and other stuff. The players get a kick out if.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've wondered why quarterbacks don't insert some random gibberish into their signal-calling, if for no other reason than to distract/befuddle the other team.

Wouldn't you love to hear BR shout, "24...36...Burfict's ugly...18...hike!"?

I read this week that Jared Goff will call out "Tupac" and "Ric Flair" and other stuff. The players get a kick out if.

Vontaze

Burth defect

it is a Juju,McDonald, Nix, 6th O-lineman power run right at that piece of ****

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't watch baseball either. Not since the last strike in the 90,s and they didn't get a real salary cap. I couldn't name a single player on any team
I don't watch because it's to slow and boring to watch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't watch because it's to slow and boring to watch.

Baseball is the most difficult major professional sport. I played baseball for a lot of years. Coached baseball for quite a few.

Judging a pitch in a span of 0.4 seconds, and hitting a baseball moving at 95 mph+, or moving at 88 mph with incredible movement and dive, is the single most difficult athletic achievement in sports.

Seriously, a batter has 0.4 seconds to evaluate the 95 mph fastball - Ball? Strike? Low strike? Meatball? Too high? Inside? Outside? Middle? Middle-in but too high? Outside corner but knee-high??? - to judge the pitch and hit it.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Didn't say hitting a fast ball isn't difficult, but it's boring, takes forever between pitches, just not enough action for me. As for the most difficult sport, I disagree. I could go play right field and have a decent shot at catching a fly ball, I'd have no shot at playing any position on a football field, hockey rink, or basketball court.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Baseball is the most difficult major professional sport. I played baseball for a lot of years. Coached baseball for quite a few.

Judging a pitch in a span of 0.4 seconds, and hitting a baseball moving at 95 mph+, or moving at 88 mph with incredible movement and dive, is the single most difficult athletic achievement in sports.

Seriously, a batter has 0.4 seconds to evaluate the 95 mph fastball - Ball? Strike? Low strike? Meatball? Too high? Inside? Outside? Middle? Middle-in but too high? Outside corner but knee-high??? - to judge the pitch and hit it.

and a 5'5" Venezuelan does it better than anyone in the league......

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As for the most difficult sport, I disagree. I could go play right field and have a decent shot at catching a fly ball,

No, you wouldn't. Major league stadiums, with three decks, night game, ball hit by adults, spinning at 2,000 rpm, with the crowd noise, you have ZERO chance of ever catching any ball in play. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Seriously, you have no ******* clue what you are talking about. You are just showing your lack of knowledge about baseball.

******* punters can complete passes to uncovered receivers.

So I guess passing is easy???

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
No, you wouldn't. Major league stadiums, with three decks, night game, ball hit by adults, spinning at 2,000 rpm, with the crowd noise, you have ZERO chance of ever catching any ball in play. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Seriously, you have no ******* clue what you are talking about. You are just showing your lack of knowledge about baseball.

Damn have a few more beers and relax for ***** sake.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

It does take a lot of exceptional reaction time to hit a baseball. The hand eye coordination has to be honed to a great degree. It takes a lot of good repetitions to be a good hitter. I grew up with a father who pushed baseball hard. He was a nut for the game. He even tried out for the Pirates in the late 60's and was certainly a natural.He was fortunate enough to live close to Forbes Field and got to watch a lot a great games first hand including the 1960 world series. If a had a dollar for everytime I heard about Bill Mazeroski I'd be rich..haha. His favorite player ever was Roberto Clemente.

A lot of high skill sports take a ton of good repetitions. The god given athletic ability you're either born with or not. For me I'd say hockey has the highest skill level,plus conditioning. You have to be able to skate like an Olympic figure skater at high speeds while working a stick and puck. You also have people attacking you the entire time. Good stuff.

....anyways back on topic....dilly dilly...go Steelers! Send them all to the pit of misery.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
It does take a lot of exceptional reaction time to hit a baseball. The hand eye coordination has to be honed to a great degree. It takes a lot of good repetitions to be a good hitter. I grew up with a father who pushed baseball hard. He was a nut for the game. He even tried out for the Pirates in the late 60's and was certainly a natural.He was fortunate enough to live close to Forbes Field and got to watch a lot a great games first hand including the 1960 world series. If a had a dollar for everytime I heard about Bill Mazeroski I'd be rich..haha. His favorite player ever was Roberto Clemente.

A lot of high skill sports take a ton of good repetitions. The god given athletic ability you're either born with or not. For me I'd say hockey has the highest skill level,plus conditioning. You have to be able to skate like an Olympic figure skater at high speeds while working a stick and puck. You also have people attacking you the entire time. Good stuff.

....anyways back on topic....dilly dilly...go Steelers! Send them all to the pit of misery.

I love baseball. I'm someone who recently dropped Sunday Ticket for Extra Innings on DirectTV.

There's just something about the perfect combination of simplicity and difficulty that makes the game great.

Go merely hit, catch and throw a ball.....at an infinitely more consistent rate than just about everyone else on the planet.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I love baseball. I'm someone who recently dropped Sunday Ticket for Extra Innings on DirectTV.

There's just something about the perfect combination of simplicity and difficulty that makes the game great.

Go merely hit, catch and throw a ball.....at an infinitely more consistent rate than just about everyone else on the planet.

It's fun to go in person or play the game. I went to PNC Park the second season it opened. Great view! Damn nice venue.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... "hit by adults" has to be the best line in this reply, seriously. Cudos to you for making me laugh. First off, the number of decks has nothing to do with the price of tea in china, the fact that not all games are played at night, and then claiming zero chances ever... you are assuming a great deal of data without actually knowing anything about who you might be talking to.

So Coryea said "I could go play right field and have a decent shot at catching a FLY ball", and you went on to rant away about your beloved baseball... I have one scenario that DESTROYS your theory that he could not under any circumstances, catch any ball in play.

Ever watch the home run derby? Who do they have running around in the outfield catching the fly balls that don't make it over the fence? KIDS! Guess what? They catch quite a few of them, and the crowd is going wild and screaming, oooh and aaahs, it's usually at night, in a HUGE stadium...and yet, they catch the fly ball, they even do it while fighting for position like it's a hail mary pass.