• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ downgraded to out.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...-j-watt-to-out-on-teams-week-3-injury-report/ Game just got more difficult.๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of exected it, but you don't want to make things worse for the entire season. It will be interesting to watch Jones an entire game but didn't want it as a result of this. Pressuring young QBs like Burrows is the key especially with their receivers, this isn't good.

Destin Yinzer

Reaction score
I am over the whole T. J Watt saga! He does not fully practice ( under contract ) all of training camp and pulls his groin on a play where he barely even moved. I still think that we should have used our leverage and traded him for draft capital to obtain our next franchise QB. We are not winning any championships until we keep up with the Jonesโ€™s by obtaining a young, mobile quarterback and fix our running game!

Steelz

Reaction score
I am over the whole T. J Watt saga! He does not fully practice ( under contract ) all of training camp and pulls his groin on a play where he barely even moved. I still think that we should have used our leverage and traded him for draft capital to obtain our next franchise QB. We are not winning any championships until we keep up with the Jonesโ€™s by obtaining a young, mobile quarterback and fix our running game!
Also goes to show like many of us said... It's not worth making ANY player the highest paid player unless they're a Quarterback. I don't think management even wanted to really pay him but all the fans, players, agents, and everyone else forcing thier hand smh. This one is gonna come back to bite us in the butt.

Destin Yinzer

Reaction score
Also goes to show like many of us said... It's not worth making ANY player the highest paid player unless they're a Quarterback. I don't think management even wanted to really pay him but all the fans, players, agents, and everyone else forcing thier hand smh. This one is gonna come back to bite us in the butt.
Well said!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
You certainly don't want a pull to turn into a tear. I'd protect my massive investment too. Besides the Steelers need to iron that offense out. That's front and center. The defense will be fine.

What's not fine is the structure of the preseason which doesn't prepare starters physically for the level of the games they'll be playing.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How many people had groin pulls over the past week or two? Those bitching about Watt are probably the fair-weather ******* calling to bench Ben. Idiots.

With that said, we now have 2 OLB's. Who is our backup? It ain't Taco.

Steelz

Reaction score
How many people had groin pulls over the past week or two? Those bitching about Watt are probably the fair-weather ******* calling to bench Ben. Idiots.

With that said, we now have 2 OLB's. Who is our backup? It ain't Taco.
If Ben continues to play like **** then he should be benched. That's the way the NFL has always worked.. you're a aging Vet that can't quite play to the NFL level anymore than it's the next man up. But of course there's always going to be the nutt hugging fans that don't want to see their favorite players benched. As far as Watt, we could've let him play out his contract and still extended him a few years with the franchise tag, something most NFL teams does to get a extended look at a player especially considering the position they play, if it's a injury plagued position then most of the time they franchise the player then let them walk at the end of it. Now that Watt's in his 5th year let's see how many games he'll start missing now.

Last edited:

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Bush needs to step up in the middle and coverage tomorrow. If we can't get a rush the secondary will be exposed once more

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben hasn't been playing that bad. It's the Ben haters (fake news) making it sound that way. Did you miss the multiple plays his receivers ran wrong routes and blamed that on Ben? My guess is you did. Did you know there was holding on his only int of the year and Diontae also gave up on the route because he thought a penalty was going to be called? Of course, you didn't. Now, I'm not saying Ben has played or will play like Mahomes but he is still very good. Every year (even last year) he has to shake off the rust and get his timing down with his receivers because Tomlin doesn't let him play in the preseason. Did you also notice has been getting hit on almost every play? Of course, you haven't. Did you notice the terrible play calling coming from Canada (especially the first half of our first game - we've only played 2 by the way). Of course not. If Ben is playing bad (which he really hasn't so far) about the midway part of the year and we are a few games under 500, then you might consider changing him. Right now, he is, by far, the best QB on our team. It's not even a question.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
If Steeler management paid any attention to the fans, Tomlin would be long gone and the only agent that should care about TJs contract is TJs agent.

Steelz

Reaction score
If Steeler management paid any attention to the fans, Tomlin would be long gone and the only agent that should care about TJs contract is TJs agent.
You would think it would only be Watts agent but apparently it was multiple agents around the NFL pushing for him to get his contract..

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...am-to-crack-steelers-archaic-way-of-thinking/
And the only fans that want Tomlin gone are the ones on this message board.. but the Rooney's aren't stupid.

Last edited:

Steelz

Reaction score
Ben hasn't been playing that bad. It's the Ben haters (fake news) making it sound that way. Did you miss the multiple plays his receivers ran wrong routes and blamed that on Ben? My guess is you did. Did you know there was holding on his only int of the year and Diontae also gave up on the route because he thought a penalty was going to be called? Of course, you didn't. Now, I'm not saying Ben has played or will play like Mahomes but he is still very good. Every year (even last year) he has to shake off the rust and get his timing down with his receivers because Tomlin doesn't let him play in the preseason. Did you also notice has been getting hit on almost every play? Of course, you haven't. Did you notice the terrible play calling coming from Canada (especially the first half of our first game - we've only played 2 by the way). Of course not. If Ben is playing bad (which he really hasn't so far) about the midway part of the year and we are a few games under 500, then you might consider changing him. Right now, he is, by far, the best QB on our team. It's not even a question.
I'm not a Ben hater I'm a Steelers fan, and I want our team to win. Ben had some great years but he should not still be playing right now. It's crazy how much the Oline has been getting the blame for his performance. We just went against probably the best 2 Dline's in the league the last 2 games. And although it says Ben was sacked twice last game, in reality he was really sacked 0 NONE. Both those "sacks" came while Ben tried to run because he couldn't find the open WR. Watch the game again, he was not pressured very much at all, and this was against some elite Dline's. Everyone is such a Ben fan around here you all blame everyone else BUT him. It's plain and simple, the QB play needs to improve for us to win. I'm ready to make the change to Rudy, it really can't get any worse from what I've already seen so far.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
You would think it would only be Watts agent but apparently it was multiple agents around the NFL pushing for him to get his contract..

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...am-to-crack-steelers-archaic-way-of-thinking/
And the only fans that want Tomlin gone are the ones on this message board.. but the Rooney's aren't stupid.
Of course the Rooney's aren't stupid - they've figured out how they can put a mediocre product on the field year in and year out and still sell out the stadium - but do tell me one player or one strategy that Tomlin's coaching has improved.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course the Rooney's aren't stupid - they've figured out how they can put a mediocre product on the field year in and year out and still sell out the stadium - but do tell me one player or one strategy that Tomlin's coaching has improved.
Half time adjustments improved overall markedly the last two years until totally hamstrung with injuries. The defense has been better with more involvement from Mike.

alancac98

Reaction score
Half time adjustments improved overall markedly the last two years until totally hamstrung with injuries. The defense has been better with more involvement from Mike.
Word was out that the last Cleveland game before the playoffs, Butler called the defense during that game and Rudolph almost pulled out a win because of the defenses effort. Fast forward to a week later, and it was understood that Tomlin called the D, which gave up 40+ points for the 2nd year in a row. The Cleveland offence marched down the field anytime they wanted, mostly due to Tomlin's brilliant insistence to call the defensive alignment that included Spillane covering Jarvis Landry - one of the quickest and best slot receivers in the game! Yeah, sorry, but I would not say that the defense has been better because of Mike Tomlin - it has been better despite him. Let's not forget that it should be better considering the starting defense last year had something like 9 or 10 first round players on it - and they still gave up 48 to the the Browns on our home turf! Yes, I know that Ben threw 4 picks on the game, but our D got hammered from the first Browns offensive snap! I wish Cool Shades would ******* go away forever! This team would suddenly become so much better if he would!

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a Ben hater I'm a Steelers fan, and I want our team to win. Ben had some great years but he should not still be playing right now. It's crazy how much the Oline has been getting the blame for his performance. We just went against probably the best 2 Dline's in the league the last 2 games. And although it says Ben was sacked twice last game, in reality he was really sacked 0 NONE. Both those "sacks" came while Ben tried to run because he couldn't find the open WR. Watch the game again, he was not pressured very much at all, and this was against some elite Dline's. Everyone is such a Ben fan around here you all blame everyone else BUT him. It's plain and simple, the QB play needs to improve for us to win. I'm ready to make the change to Rudy, it really can't get any worse from what I've already seen so far.
So Ben had "plenty of time" and wasn't pressured very much. You know what really helps a passing game? A running game you at least need to keep teams honest with...do we have that? That's what I thought. Starting Mason gonna magically improve the run blocking?

Reactions: GMC

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to blame Ben for the quick passes in the first game and then blame him for holding the ball too long and causing the sacks and nasty hits he took in game 2. YOu came pretty darn close.

Of course, the QB play needs to improve but Ben is our best option by far. Our playing calling, O-line play and WR play needs to improve as much, if not more, than the QB play does.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
With both starters out and a very young and older backup starting what is the contingency plan here?

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
With both starters out and a very young and older backup starting what is the contingency plan here?
Next man up and nothing changes. You must be new around here.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score