• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt appreciated thread.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Why ? Because the man deserves kudos for what he has accomplished so far. And what better coming from the man who pimped him in the draft the most (cooch shameless brag).

With 16 sacks he is now tied with Deebo for most sacks in a single season in Steelers history. Leading the league in sacks while missing two games. 2 sacks ahead of the next guy. That new contract didn't slow him, which some can't lay claim to. If he doesn't get DPOY it won't be because he doesn't deserve it.

Attachments

• FF452mZXoAEXOG2.jpeg
    FF452mZXoAEXOG2.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2

steelhurt

Reaction score
He should have gotten it at least once in the past two seasons and he sure as hell should get it this year but that's not how the NFL seems to work. Its the flavor of the season if you will. Two seasons ago the popular choice was Stephon Gilmore, and last season it was Aaron Donald, and this year, Miles Garrett. We shall see!

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah .........he is okay ........I guess .......not even sure he is the best football player in his family let alone in the NFL
Miles Garrett is a far better role model......... so courteous and all.............. remember that time when our QB lost his helmet and he picked the helmet up to give it back to Mason

SteveA

Reaction score
Trent Jordan….Sounds like a name of a damn quarterback, instead of the greatest defense of player in the game today…

I had no idea his name was Trent….

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why ? Because the man deserves kudos for what he has accomplished so far. And what better coming from the man who pimped him in the draft the most (cooch shameless brag).

With 16 sacks he is now tied with Deebo for most sacks in a single season in Steelers history. Leading the league in sacks while missing two games. 2 sacks ahead of the next guy. That new contract didn't slow him, which some can't lay claim to. If he doesn't get DPOY it won't be because he doesn't deserve it.
When he didn't get it last year, it wasn't because he didn't deserve it.

When he didn't get it the year before that... well, you know. scratched record.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At least this year they can't knock Watt for playing on an "elite" defense that helps him get those stats.

steelhurt

Reaction score
TJ has 16 sacks in what 12 games. Oh wait, he's missed two games do to injury and played against Cincy just coming off covid. That doesn't take into account the number of hurries and disruptions. Hell, he was responsible for Action Jackson throwing the weak incompletion on the two point conversion yesterday. Ask Action Jackson!

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He is rivaling Mean Joe for the most disruptive Steeler Defensive player that I have seen played...
Per PFT he also has four straight seasons of 13 or more sacks. Only other player to ever do that? Reggie White. TJ might need to break the NFL sack record to get the award he righteously deserves.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
TJ has 16 sacks in what 12 games. Oh wait, he's missed two games do to injury and played against Cincy just coming off covid. That doesn't take into account the number of hurries and disruptions. Hell, he was responsible for Action Jackson throwing the weak incompletion on the two point conversion yesterday. Ask Action Jackson!
He was also responsible for the air ball that Minkah intercepted.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
265023099-473572537464639-5739526755697449314-n.jpg

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He is rivaling Mean Joe for the most disruptive Steeler Defensive player that I have seen played...
James was a veritable beast. And he was held.
Every
Single
Down.

I love T.J. but it would be LOTS of fun to compare him and James. We have definitely been blessed with outside pass rushers.
(Ok. AND defensive game planning and scheme that take advantage of that talent.)

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Well said Slash. Everyone here has made great points, none better than the gentlemen Garrett picking up Rudolph’s helmet 🤣. Stop and think about the incredible sack artists we’ve had going back to the70’s and the Blitzburgh teams of the 90s with Lloyd, Green, and Chad Brown. Then the 2k’s with Peezy, Debo, etc. This guy is blowing all of them out of the water.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
James was a veritable beast. And he was held.
Every
Single
Down.

I love T.J. but it would be LOTS of fun to compare him and James. We have definitely been blessed with outside pass rushers.
(Ok. AND defensive game planning and scheme that take advantage of that talent.)
I think Watt is already a better pass rusher than Deebo was. That isn't knocking Deebo, TJ is just that good. He will break his sack record this season and TJ gets his share of double and triple teams. He has a legit chance to break the NFL sack record.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Watt missed two games and was well below 100% for two additional games as well. I remember last year people thinking he may have lost out on DPOY when he didn't recover the FF against I believe Washington. When he forced the fumble on Sunday, I thought the same thing. Instead, he comes back by forcing Jackson into a bad throw on the two-point conversion. Just a complete monster and you see his worth in the games he doesn't play just as much as the games he does.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tip of the O'l hat to yaz TJ WATT, Debo is an all time STEELERS great and to see you surpassing him tends to put you in that catagory. Continue on my man and yes, you have convinced me to buy a TJ WATT jersey with some of my copper metal salvage money(s)

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Watt is already a better pass rusher than Deebo was. That isn't knocking Deebo, TJ is just that good. He will break his sack record this season and TJ gets his share of double and triple teams. He has a legit chance to break the NFL sack record.

I think DEBO had that low center of gravity and bend that he was held a big majority of the time. I'm not taking anything away fro TJ because he has developed more than one move (Debo had more moves but his low bend was used 80+ %) and he (TJ) uses / switches mid drift to his assortment of artillary moves, something Debo didn't do often.

I'll take the new team record but OH MY how sweet the NFL season record would be !!!!!

Salute the nation

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
I think what's crazy to me, as was listed before, all the great pass rushers we've had, and 16 sacks is our team record.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Guy has missed 2.5 games this year and leads the league by 2 sacks. He's on pace to shatter Strahan's single season sack record. He will break Debo's single season team record with his next sack. Yeah we're lucky to have this guy.