• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt Named PFWA Defensive Player Of The Year

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Although the Pittsburgh Steelers’ season is over, outside linebacker TJ Watt continues to rack up the accolades. His most recent coming today, as he has been named the Pro Football Writers of America Defensive Player of the Year for the second year in a row:

Congratulations to @_TJWatt for being selected as the PFWA Defensive Player of the Year!

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) January 26, 2022

This comes as no surprise, as Watt had a season to remember. He tied the NFL record with 22.5 sacks, 64 total tackles, 39 QB hits, 21 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, and 7 passes defended.

The versatile edge rusher has now been named the 101 Awards and Fox Sports Defensive Player of the Year as well. He was also named an AP First Team All Pro for the third consecutive year as well as a fourth consecutive Pro Bowl selection. It seems almost inevitable he will be named AP Defensive Player of the Year, an award many feel could and should have been his the last two seasons.

We congratulate Watt on these accolades and the historic season he put together in 2021. I think I speak for all of Steeler Nation when I say we look forward to seeing what he does in 2022!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
If he doesn’t get DPOY by unanimous vote—you you’ll know the # of anti-Steelers bias voters there are

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great news... keep it rolling.