• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin...4th best coach in the league

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Take the #1 & #2 cheater's out of there and WhoaLa you have tomlin at #2

Salute the nation

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Racist. He's the only black coach in the top 10. I need to protest immediately!!!

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I like Dan Quinn. He's going to be a good coach for awhile.

Not only is Reid above MT, but McCarthy, too? Even Hairball, all who have won a SB.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems about right...save for the cheating **********.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Reid did take his team to 4 straight NFCC games. It's also been a bad team since he left, and he immediately turned KC into a playoff team. The guy is just always in the playoffs.

IMHO, he's one of the worst playoff coaches, since his style, much like Cowher, is continue to do what you do best. The problem is, playoff teams are better and already know what he his doing. Then he gets stopped.

GRBman

Reaction score
Reid did take his team to 4 straight NFCC games. It's also been a bad team since he left, and he immediately turned KC into a playoff team. The guy is just always in the playoffs.

IMHO, he's one of the worst playoff coaches, since his style, much like Cowher, is continue to do what you do best. The problem is, playoff teams are better and already know what he his doing. Then he gets stopped.

I'm in agreement with all of this. Reid is a fantastic coach.

Tomlin at #4... too high.

DocScott

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with the list. Tomlin is in the top tier of NFL head coaches. He doesn't get credit for the job last year, despite all the distractions, he coached us to an AFC Championship game. Come on, who really thought we would be there at the beginning of the season? Not me! Go Steelers

ark steel

Reaction score
DoucheBagS is not going to like this. He may find it comical, though.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I'm having troubles thinking of 3 coaches who are obviously of better pedigree than Mikey T, even harder time if you disqualify cheaters.

You could say Reid really unleashes hell in the regular season, but blinks too much in the playoffs...cut his eyelids off and he may be better than Cool Shades.

McCarthy and Carrol may be in the conversation for next man up.

Yep, definitely a top 4 coach in a race for 1st with McCarthy and Carrol with Reid trailing in a distant 4th place weighed down by double fisting two giant sub sandwiches.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Could Tomlin be a better coach,........HELL yes but when you have the personael that's we have they can cover a few things up. He diffinately has his strengths and definately has his weaknesses. The top 3-6 could be inter mixed. Hoodie should be instantly at #32. Pete should be down there too!!!!!

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mods please move this to the I hate Tomlin thread.

:hijack:

:eyebrows:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I'm having troubles thinking of 3 coaches who are obviously of better pedigree than Mikey T, even harder time if you disqualify cheaters.

You could say Reid really unleashes hell in the regular season, but blinks too much in the playoffs...cut his eyelids off and he may be better than Cool Shades.

McCarthy and Carrol may be in the conversation for next man up.

Yep, definitely a top 4 coach in a race for 1st with McCarthy and Carrol with Reid trailing in a distant 4th place weighed down by double fisting two giant sub sandwiches.

I've said for a long time that you can't find 10 coaches who are better than Shades but it's easy to name 20 who are worse. I'd knock Reid down a few pegs and bump Hairball and McCarthy up. Carroll doesn't deserve #2 based on the most bone-headed play call in lowB repuS history.

And I always liked Wayne Fontes. Let's face it, no one can win in Detroit. They're the NFC's Browns. Must be something in the lake water.

Last edited:

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
People like to **** one Reid for some reason, but he calls his own offense, his teams regularly win, and for all we know, he might have been cheated by the Patriots in his one SB appearance.