• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin as HC and GM..?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think we have an end in site. I think Tomlin is signed through 2024. And after 3 straight losing seasons I feel he gets “retired” be the Rooney’s. The bigger problem is I have no faith in Art ever picking a coach worthy of leading this team.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Slovan Sam

Reaction score
Sadly we are the bengals now. Think about it they stuck with Marvin Lewis way too long just like we are sticking with Tomlin too long. Both are coaches that underperformed (yes situations are different) but both coaches seem to have some sort of appeal to the owner despite their underperformances.
Absolutely. While the Bengals are busy racking up Ws and titles over these next several years, the best we can do for ourselves is buy a good can of lube and spread those cheeks about as far apart as we can. We are now officially being cucked by the AFC's north new dominant team.

Art - thank you for taking care of us.

diver

Reaction score
Why? Prior to this year the Steelers were alway superior to the Bengals whole time Mike Tomlin was head coach.

Seriously though, it does certainly feel that way. But we'll see. Never underestimate the Bengals ability to screw it up. With the Bengals I look at is that it is about time. Drafting where they have been for so many years, even they can't screw it up forever.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
the best we can do for ourselves is buy a good can of lube and spread those cheeks about as far apart as we can.

Yep. It's Butternut Backdoor Bob.

Slovan Sam

Reaction score
I think we have an end in site. I think Tomlin is signed through 2024. And after 3 straight losing seasons I feel he gets “retired” be the Rooney’s. The bigger problem is I have no faith in Art ever picking a coach worthy of leading this team.
That's another good point. He may be willing to hire someone who is unqualified again. Not matter how you slice and dice it, I think the thread title will be relevant for years to come.

Steelz

Reaction score
I've never seen a website Soo obsessed with one man's genitals in my lifetime. This is really sickening.

GI Steeler

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, he's Teflon

I actually heard some dude on the radio the other day call in and say, "why does Mike Tomlin get blamed thst our o-line stinks amd we have no plan at Ben's successor ? He isn't the GM. Thats Colbert's job"

Lmao. We must have set a record with the ONLY 15 year veteran head coach who has no influence on drafting and player development

I am now convinced there is NOTHING that can ever be blamed on Tomlin

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
273012212_10220554318193496_3511702970260378762_n.jpg

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
This is my thought. I don't want a puppet to hide behind which is basically the coaching staff. Give him more control and when it implodes no place to hide.
I agree. Let him run it all, no scapegoats

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I am now convinced there is NOTHING that can ever be blamed on Tomlin
Wins get blamed on Tomlin. Any and all failures are someone else's fault.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Watt, Fitz, Heyward, and Najee are tweeners. But other than that carry on.😁
You’re right, I guess I should’ve prefaced after the first round…but on the bright side Heyward is almost done 1-2 years, Minkah likely gone after next year, Najee will be out of tread in 3-4 years (coach cool
Shades style for RBs)…but, I will say at least they have TJ locked up to be the one thing worth watching on Sundays so there is that

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You’re right, I guess I should’ve prefaced after the first round…but on the bright side Heyward is almost done 1-2 years, Minkah likely gone after next year, Najee will be out of tread in 3-4 years (coach cool
Shades style for RBs)…but, I will say at least they have TJ locked up to be the one thing worth watching on Sundays so there is that
I think they lock Mink up this off-season.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
That would be a wise move Slash, hopefully he’s up for signing a long term deal