• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin keeps Ben only to maintain "no losing season" streak?

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Yeah--I just watched that while getting my exercise in for the day..

Couple of takeaways for me:

Heinz was packed and the yinzers were rockin!

It a damn shame about Shazier...he might of been a HOFer

Tomlin going for 5 ...yes five 2 point conversions and the Steelers coming away with not one. Tomlin f'd up by going for two after our first score and chased those points the rest of the contest..

That play to AB was money!

Ben was a certified BEAST all game but Buck and Aikman sucked the rookie Prescotts nut all game..
He did it 5X?! Is that bum still coaching this team?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He did it 5X?! Is that bum still coaching this team?

The persona of a coach who goes for the two point plays went to his head. Talking heads played that aspect up big time and I think Tomlin liked hearing it.

Salute the nation

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
The persona of a coach who goes for the two point plays went to his head. Talking heads played that aspect up big time and I think Tomlin liked hearing it.

Salute the nation
If I Remember that year they started doing it in a blow out game early in the year vs 49ers I believe and everybody started talking about how ahead of the curve he was. Typical Tomlin though to use it it when he didn't need it instead of keeping it in his pocket for when it counted to "spring it" on the rest of the NFL.

He folded quick when he got burned by it.