• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin keeps Ben only to maintain "no losing season" streak?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dumb ***, I didn’t mention the bet, you did. See post 35. I accepted your bet and gave you the terms. One year board subscription to the winner. We both pay Justin now, and the winner is reimbursed next January. That was over a week ago. You’ve been absent from the board since. Florida dementia must be setting in for you.

Yes the ubiquitous “I correctly predicted” statement. Another trait mocked by everyone on this board. Give it a rest, you couldn’t predict your own bowel movement after eating in a Mexican restaurant.

Waiting for the draft before an “official” prediction? You have spoken? Sounds more like someone passively backing out of his own bet. Either acknowledged it and contact Justin to give your payment of terms or keep your pie hole shut and go back to polishing your luxury car.
Isn't it odd that someone that claims to be wealthy backs out of any bets with miniscule money attached to it? Luxury vehicles must have expensive up keep. I will stick with my poor vehicles.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
I’m going on record by saying don’t be surprised if Ben has a great season and comes back for another year. Especially if they can get a good running back and oline.

SteveA

Reaction score
Ben getting a pass because he's still Ben doesn't work for me.
Ben is back for one more year. If it doesn’t work for you, take the year off...

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m going on record by saying don’t be surprised if Ben has a great season and comes back for another year. Especially if they can get a good running back and oline.
Read somewhere on one of Ben’s resigning articles that his new contract voids 2 days after the SuperBowl LVI.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Read somewhere on one of Ben’s resigning articles that his new contract voids 2 days after the SuperBowl LVI.

So, he'll retire a Super Bowl Champion, GREAT

Salute the nation

CorpusDsteelers

Reaction score
Is this Cooch new handle? Been gone all year like always can still spot his luxury car in the lot from on top of the bridge!

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
So as to provide transparency.....Coach finally has replied, albeit in another thread.

Coach said:
Repost the bet, this forum has lost a lot of air over the past few months. I bet we do not win a playoff game this coming season, now what are you willing to lose? Hurry up and reply, before three weeks pass and you call that a reneging.

Also, you or anyone can always PM be on bets.

Here you go Dumb ***. From the “Tomlin only keeps Ben for winning streak” thread (post #35). This was on 3/17/21.

Coach said:
You remain fixated on me. Look, Tomlin has not won a playoff game since 2016, and I will bet you this continues to be the case after this season. The Steelers were ripped apart in free agency, and have brutal schedule with a new OC for the 2021 season Well see what type of coach Tomlin is now, and thank goodness he has not been extended.

Ike Kelly said:
Fixated? Coach don’t flatter yourself, your idiosyncrasies are now adjectives for which to identify posts on this board.

I’ll take your bet. Tomlin will win a playoff game for the 2021 season. Terms are simple, you pay my contributor fees for the year if he does win, I’ll pay yours if he doesnt. So as to facilitate the terms of acceptance without excuses, we pay Justin the yearly fee now and whoever wins gets reimbursed next year. No modifications to the terms, either accept them or you just refused your bet. If you do accept, good luck. If you don’t, it won’t be a surprise.

Ike Kelly said:
Its been a week. Either Coach is in jail with the Spring Breakers or he knows he would lose another bet on this forum. If anyone sees him posting on another thread or in the non-football forum, please remind him not to hide and either honor his bet or admit he‘s a Dumb ***.

You’ve been avoiding this bet and terms and you know it. The terms have been there and discussed with Justin. So you can eat your “hurry up and reply” bullshit.

As for PM you with the details, we all know how you renege on bets and shovel more crap in excuses than anyone on this board, so for transparency its posted on the board so all can see.

So I call your bullshit, and leave it to you in acceptance as is. No excuses.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Fixated? Coach don’t flatter yourself, your idiosyncrasies are now adjectives for which to identify posts on this board.

I’ll take your bet. Tomlin will win a playoff game for the 2021 season. Terms are simple, you pay my contributor fees for the year if he does win, I’ll pay yours if he doesnt. So as to facilitate the terms of acceptance without excuses, we pay Justin the yearly fee now and whoever wins gets reimbursed next year. No modifications to the terms, either accept them or you just refused your bet. If you do accept, good luck. If you don’t, it won’t be a surprise.

What? So I have to pay now? What type of bet is that? I don't want to be reimbursed 12 months later. First off you bet with something you value, don't assume I value being a full playing member over you taking vacation from the board.

I gave you the terms, and a PM this am on the topic. Accept it or back out. How come every time I offer a bet you quickly change terms and back out? Speaking for some, I think they would rather see me take a 2 month break then be paying member.

So me vs you on my terms, I KNOW you very likely to lose.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Drop like a fly in a freezer. You are one odd ball ******. Wow you predicted the team would lose players being tight against the cap. Pure genius. For your next prediction there will be daylight and darkness. I have spoken hahahaha we know which what you speak. It is always inflated and fill with window licking comments. Once again always trying to change a bet to be something you have a chance of winning. What a maroon.

I'll offer you the same ban bet. 2 months off, we won't win playoff game in 2021. I offered the terms first. I changed noting, Ike tired to change terms. Ike ran from my terms. He wants me to pay up first. That's not how a bet works. And speaking of works, are you ever going to honor my request to send my prize to charity?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
What? So I have to pay now? What type of bet is that? I don't want to be reimbursed 12 months later. First off you bet with something you value, don't assume I value being a full playing member over you taking vacation from the board.

I gave you the terms, and a PM this am on the topic. Accept it or back out. How come every time I offer a bet you quickly change terms and back out? Speaking for some, I think they would rather see me take a 2 month break then be paying member.

So me vs you on my terms, I KNOW you very likely to lose.

WTH do you think a bet is you Dumb ***? You put down your marker (chips/cash/hand) when you place a bet. So we both pay a mediator (Justin), whoever wins gets reimbursed AFTER conclusion of YOUR bet, which won’t end until next January. As for backing out, You are the one backing out Dumb ***. You always do, and it’s documented right here in this thread, post #35. You made a bet 3/17, I accepted and provided the terms since you never did. You not once replied, even though you’ve been lurking and posting on the board since. Now who is backing out? Who is changing the terms? A nutless monkey can see who is doing both you moron.

Oh I know you don’t value being a full (...LOL) paying member on the board, and for the record, you wouldn’t be a paying member. If I lose, I am paying for your year membership. Plus, you’ve been given vacations for obvious reasons and it’s now expected, so what’s the value in that. You’ve been freeloading this site for years throughout its many versions wasting bandwidth on actual paying members dime. It’s time to see if you back the horse **** you constantly spew. If you can’t afford a one year membership fee, just say so. Otherwise, shut up and send Justin a check for a one year subscription. Anything else will be considered you, AGAIN, reneging on another wager. In fact Coolie or another Mod should ban your *** for doing this time.

Also, stop your whining PMs to me. All the arrangements of your bet and my terms were listed in public. Keep it there so you can honor the worthless mouth you own.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll offer you the same ban bet. 2 months off, we won't win playoff game in 2021. I offered the terms first. I changed noting, Ike tired to change terms. Ike ran from my terms. He wants me to pay up first. That's not how a bet works. And speaking of works, are you ever going to honor my request to send my prize to charity?
Your prize was given to a Steeler fan numbnuts. Which I explained to you countless of times. Try try to grasp it. I am not interested in your tweaking of a bet. Not a stretch to think the Steelers won't make the playoffs this year. They have to bring back that pure genius commercial just for you.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I wait until the draft is offer before an official prediction, but I'm seeing a losing season in 2021. I have spoken, those who remain fixated on what I say might have to wait a bit longer for a reply :)
I’ll go in early before the draft. 17 games, I’ll pick 8-9. If by some miracle they do get to the playoffs then Shades goes out in the first round as usual.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Whats wrong with it is that it will be painful to watch.

Ben getting a pass because he's still Ben doesn't work for me.
There isn't anyone better on the roster and they are highly unlikely to find a better player in FA or through the draft. He's the best option the team has, and as the most successful QB to ever don the black and gold, he's earned the right to finish his career here.

I suspect he'll look much better a year after the return from surgery and if North Montana allows him to throw the ball more than 3 ******* yards.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
So Coach has replied, albeit not on the thread, but via sniveling PM. So for future reference I’m posting this as proof of Coach backing out of the bet he offered. The thread history is already listed in my previous post.

Today at 3:08 PMNew
You are a sack less coward. No dice, I offered you the bet. You twisted it to suit your agenda. Trying to make me contribute to a web site with a person you probably know.

Terms for you once again. Tomlin will not win a playoff game for the 2021 season. If he does I take 3 months off, if he doesn't you take 3 months off. Simple Got it?

Now stop wasting my time and let me know if we are on.

To Coach aka Dumb ***, there was no agenda. You never stipulated terms of your bet, only the bet. You never responded to my calling your wager and giving terms. You avoided responding for a month, while still board lurking/posting, and now again are backing out of another one of your bets which are always attuned to your bullshit.

Your terms are immaterial, because you disappear regularly and post only for your own agenda and posturing. Therefore those terms are no loss to you. So, the terms I outlined are actually relevant. And No I am not making you do anything. You proffered the bet. I offered the terms. I only know Justin because I was a member when he was a youngster on this board during it’s late 90’s incarnation (Diamond Dave’s presidency) and is now the Board Administrator and runs its current setup.

Its so “simple”, you can’t cash in the checks your big mouth writes, so you pander your victimizing whining, all of your own doing, to save face that you can’t back up the bullshit you spew.

Either accept the terms, or refuse them which acknowledges and proves the Dumb *** idiot that you are.

I hope the mods bans your worthless presence for the draft threads next week just because of the pussification you put us through.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ol cooch tried to back out in pm. SMH.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Like Tomlin has the say... what team are you following?

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
If you have taken the time, back at the lab you would realize that we do more than make popcorn in instances such as these. My deflection of the standard is less than the perceived above the neck play. We make slpash where it is needed and have a towel ready for wipe at any moment. My biggest fear is that you may be onto my indecision with-in the perameters of record holding.

Salute the nation
That's Windtalker good! Well done. No way the Chicoms could ever break the code in time of war.

SteveA

Reaction score
Just watchig the replay of Steelers & Dallas 2016...Ben does a fake spike TD to AB...I watched and BEN signled TWICE to AB a fist and a thumb up towards him....AB and BEN were the ONLY two players moving on the play...What ******* chemistry...to win the game (EDIT: OOPS we lost with seconds remaining)

what could have been with those two

Last edited:

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah--I just watched that while getting my exercise in for the day..

Couple of takeaways for me:

Heinz was packed and the yinzers were rockin!

It a damn shame about Shazier...he might of been a HOFer

Tomlin going for 5 ...yes five 2 point conversions and the Steelers coming away with not one. Tomlin f'd up by going for two after our first score and chased those points the rest of the contest..

That play to AB was money!

Ben was a certified BEAST all game but Buck and Aikman sucked the rookie Prescotts nut all game..

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
There isn't anyone better on the roster and they are highly unlikely to find a better player in FA or through the draft. He's the best option the team has, and as the most successful QB to ever don the black and gold, he's earned the right to finish his career here.

I suspect he'll look much better a year after the return from surgery and if North Montana allows him to throw the ball more than 3 ******* yards.
I must've missed the cool kids memo, but, where is this "North Montana" nickname coming from? Because his name is Canada?